The Imperative of the Provision of Infrastructure and Improved Property Values in Nigeria
Property development in most cases will not be attempted beyond the level of owner occupation at regions where infrastructure are not provided; talk less of property so developed having enhanced value. This research examines the imperative of infrastructural provision on property values. The research beamed its light on the relationship between property values and the development of infrastructure; the factors that influence property values; and assessing the trend of infrastructural development in Akwa Ibom State in recent past. It recommends that government should provide more infrastructure in rural areas to harness development and ginger property values; urban neighbourhoods to be landscape, with site and service schemes provided; allocate budgetary provisions adequately for the maintenance of the infrastructure; and private individual beneficiaries in the various communities where these facilities are provided to maintain sufficient security to avoid theft and vandalisation, so as to continue to improve values of properties in such domains. (original abstract)
-  Aibangbee, S. S. (1997). Functions of Urban Infrastructure in National Development. A paper presentation at the 27th annual conference of the Nigerian Institution of Estate Surveyors and Valuers at Premier hotel, Ibadan.
-  Adebayo M. A. (2006). The State of urban infrastructure and its effects on property values in Lagos. University of Lagos, Nigeria.
-  Akinola S. R., J. African Studies 16 (2007) 30-46.
-  Amis D., Kumar S. (2000). Urban economic growth, infrastructure, and poverty in India: Lessons from Visakhapatnam, Environment and urbanization. Vol. 12 (1).
-  Bello I. B. (1996). Electricity for rural development. Development outlook (6): November.
-  Denis L. E., William E., (2007). Real Estate Encyclopedia. McGraw Hill. New York.
-  Donald C. S. (1974). Professional education in public works/environmental engineering administration. 95th Edition. Chicago: American public works and association.
-  Fox W. F. (1994). Strategic options for urban infrastructure management. Urban Management programme (UMP) Paper 17, The World Bank, p. 7.
-  Frank Iseh (2003). The state of urban infrastructure in Nigeria. Atlantis Books, Ibadan. Nigeria.
-  Janet M. R., Michael T. H. (1995). Infrastructure and local economic development. University of Michigan. U.S.A.
-  Julie Moir Messervy (2012). Home Outside: creating the landscape you love. Quoted From: http://www-ehow.com/info_7755419_economic-effects-landscaping property-values.html.
-  Julius A. B., Journal of social sciences 5(4) (2009) 332-341.
-  Lawal M. I. (1997). Principles and practice of housing management. Festac Town, Lagos: IICO Books and publishers.
-  Mabogunje, A. L. (1993). Infrastructure: The crux of modern urban development. Urban age, 3; p. 3-3.
-  Nubi W. Goodall (1974). Aspect of land economics. London: The Estate Gazette Limited.
-  Okafor S. O. (1981). Indirect rule and rural development of central legislature in Nigeria. Lagos. Nelson.
-  Olawole A. (1997). Urban infrastructure management and vision 2010. Paper presentation at the annual conference of Nigerian Institution of Estate Surveyors and Valuers at Premier hotel, Ibadan.
-  Omirin M. M., Guideline for Effective Maintenance of the Public Infrastructure in Nigeria. Journal of Nigerian Institution of Estate Surveyors and Valuers 10(2) (1986).
-  Oxford University Press (2000). Oxford Advanced Learner English Dictionary.
-  Robert Cabaugh (2012). Contemporary economics. Quoted from: http://www-ehow.com/info_7755419_economic-effects-landscapingpropertyvalues.html.
-  Sanda A. O. (1981). The nature of social services and the evolution of social policy in Nigeria. In: The administration of social services in Nigeria: The challenges to local government, Ile Ife: Local Government Training Programme, University of Ife.
-  The Vanguard Newspaper (2002). Thursday, 29th August publications.
-  William Thompson (2012). Sustainable landscape construction. Quoted from: http://www-ehow.com/info_7755419_economic-effects-landscaping-propertyvalues.html.
-  Yomi Fawehinmi (2003). Urban finance and infrastructure development in Nigeria. Atlantis Books, Ibadan. Nigeria.