The Trend and Challenges of Cloud Computing : a Literature Review
One of the most significant innovation in the Information Technology (IT) industry after the introduction of the personal computer and the internet is Cloud computing. The shift to cloud is a landmark in the IT industry and has raised keen interest both from the industrial community and academia. It is a new virtualization model for the quick provisioning of shared resources, software, applications and services over the internet to fulfill the elastic demand of the customer with minimum effort or interaction with the service provider. Thus cloud computing has become an interesting and increasingly essential trend. This paper presents a detailed review of Cloud Computing. It includes a discussion of the main service model of cloud computing, the general deployment models, the characteristics of Cloud computing and terminologies adopted in cloud computing. The paper also presents the trend of cloud computing and its challenges. (original abstract)
-  Bhushan Lal Sahu, Rajesh Tiwari, Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering 2(9) (2012) 33-37.
-  ELC Technologies (2010). Cloud Computing: What You Should Know. Available at http://publicweb2.unimap.edu.my/~ict/v4/images/doc/ELC_Cloud_Computing_Guide.pdf
-  Han Qi, Abdullah Gani (2012). Research on Mobile Cloud Computing: Review, Trend and Perspectives. Second International Conference on Digital Information and Communication Technology and it's Applications (DICTAP), pp. 195-202.
-  Maneesha Sharma, Himani Bansal, Amit Kumar Sharma, International Journal of Soft Computing and Engineering 2(1) (2012) 421-424.
-  Nariman Mirzaei (2008). Cloud Computing. Available at: http://grids.ucs.indiana.edu/ptliupages/publications/ReportNarimanMirzaeiJan09.pdf
-  Peter Mell, Tim Grance (2011). The NIST Definition of Cloud Computing, the National Institute of Standards and Technology Report. 2011.
-  Sultan Ullah, Zheng Xuefeng (2013). Cloud Computing Research Challenges. IEEE 5th International Conference on Biomedical Engineering and Informatics, pp. 1397-1401.
-  Tripathi A., Mishra A. (2011). Cloud Computing Security Considerations. Signal Processing, Communications and Computing (ICSPCC), IEEE International Conference.
-  Mohammad Reza Modarres Zadeh, International Letters of Social and Humanistic Sciences 3 (2013) 21-29.
-  Leah Garner-O'Neale, Jelisa Maughan, Babalola Ogunkola, International Letters of Social and Humanistic Sciences 2 (2014) 41-55.