Human Resource Planning and Audit - a Case Study of HEG Limited
Prompt advancement in product / service and process technology, many operations in the manufacturing and service industries in recent years require competitive HR practices. So this research study stresses on HR planning and audit practices. HR planning is all about good management; good strategic management; good business management and particularly good people management. It is important that you put thought and careful planning into your human resource practices. And the purpose of the HR Audit is to conduct a more in-depth analysis of the HR function to identify areas of strength and weakness and where improvements may be needed. Conducting an audit involves a review of current practices, policies, and procedures, and may include benchmarking against organizations of similar size and/or industry. This research aims to figure out the practices, employee perception and measures adopted by HEG limited for Human resource planning and audit. Chi square test is applied at (.05 or 5 %) significance level in this paper to check the authenticity of data given by the respondents. Findings suggests that it is difficult to assess accurate HR planning and adopting accurate audit practices because practices itself does not produce right or wrong answers, but it produces a series of alternatives from which the right course of action can be chosen. (original abstract)
-  About HEG, Bhopal, Available from www.hegltd.com/
-  Dave Ulrich, Human Resource Management 36(3) (1997) 303-320.
-  Dr. Shikha N. Khera, Ms. Karishma Gulati, Journal of Business and Management 3(6) (2012) 06-13.
-  Ghazala Ishrat, Javed Habib, Journal of Business and Management 6(2) (2012) 01-08.
-  Gupta C. B. (2008). "Human resource management", Sultan chand and sons educational publishers, pp. 5.3-5.26 & 34.3-34.14.
-  Kothari C. R. (2004). "Research methodology - methods and techniques", new age international publishers, pp. 233-238.
-  Linda O'Brien-Pallas, Stephen Birch, Andrea Baumann, Gail Tomblin Murphy, Human Resources for Health Development Journal 5(1-3) (2001) 01-16.
-  Mark S. Van Clieaf (1992). "Strategy and Structure Follow People: Improving Organizational Performance Through Effective Executive Search", Human Resource Planning, Volume 15, No. 1.
-  Pravin Durai (2010). Human resource Management (Book), Pearson education Publications.
-  Sanjeev K. Bordoloi, Hirofumi Matsuo, European Journal of Operational Research 130 (2001) 169-189.
-  Rajesh K. Yadav, Nishant Dabhade, International Letters of Social and Humanistic Sciences 8 (2013) 77-85.