Advertising in the Central and Eastern Europe: Development of Creativity in Advertising in the 2003-2007 Period in Ukraine
It is not a secret that a phenomenon of advertising in the modern world is in fact, without any overestimations, international global communication created with the help of the newest technical devices and effective creative techniques. Advertising is everywhere around us, it has become the integral part of our life. Then why does not some advertising emotionalise us? Why do we perceive it apathetically, sometimes even with irritation, in spite of the fact that it is bright, racy and big, and we can watch other advertising for hours, though for the first view it seems to be completely undistinguished? The answer to this question is simple. Most likely the advertisement capable to attract attention and excite admiration has some creative zest: the unordinary idea, non-standard design solution, interesting text, etc. Many works of theoreticians and practitioners from various countries of the world are devoted to advertising creativity. The fundamentals include the theories of communications, semiotics, marketing, sociology, management, etc. Theoretical aspects of advertising creativity are disclosed in various directions. (fragment of text)
- Baker K., BakerS. (1992): How to Promote, Publicize and Advertise Your Growing Business. John Wiley&Sons, Inc., New York.
- Baker S. (1979): Systematic Approach to Advertising Creativity. McGraw-Hill Company, New York.
- Church N. (1992): Advertising in the Eastern Bloc: Current Practices and Anticipated Avenues of Development. "Journal of Advertising Research", May-June, pp. 27-45.
- Courtney A., Whipple T. (1983): Sex Stereotyping in Advertising. D.C. Heath and Company.
- De Pelsmacker P., Maison D., Geuens M. (2002): Emotional and Rational Advertising Messages in Positive and Negative Polish Media Contexts. In: New Directions in International Advertising Research. C. Taylor (ed.). Advances in International Marketing, Vol. 12, JA Press, Elsevier, pp. 121-135.
- Dianoux C.T., Domanski J-L. Herrmann (2000): Comparative Advertising Central and Eastern Europe: The Case of Poland. Proceeding of the 8th Annual Conference on Marketing Strategies for Central and Eastern Europe. P. Chabraba & R. Springer (eds). Vienna, Austria, December.
- Dianoux Ch., Linhart Z., Kettnerova J. (2007): Impact of Nudity in Advertisement; Comparison of the First Results from Spain, France and Czech Republic. Proceeding of the 15th Annual Conference on Marketing Strategies for Central and Eastern Europe. P. Chabraba & R. Springer (eds). Vienna, Austria, December, pp. 40-46.
- Drewniany B., Jewler A. (2007): Creative Strategy in Advertising. 9th ed. Thompson Higher Education, Boston.
- Dru J-M. (1997): Overturning Conventions and Shaking up the Marketplace. John Wiley&Sons, Inc., New York.
- Eco U.A. (1976): Theoiy of Semiotics. Bloomigton.
- Ivanova K.A. (2005): Copyrighting: Secrets of Compilation of Advertising and PR+texts. Pyter, Sankt-Petersburg.
- Larima J., Pesonen A. (2007): Advertising in Central and Eastern Europe: A Case Study of Nestle Television Advertising in Russian. Proceeding of the 15th Annual Conference on Marketing Strategies for Central and Eastern Europe, P. Chabraba & R. Springer (eds). Vienna, Austria, December, pp. 142-165.
- Lebedev-Lyubimov A.N. (2006): Psychology of Advertising. Pyter, Sankt-Petersburg.
- Lombardot E. (2002): Nudite et publicite, Vutilisation de personnes nuest en communication persuasive: un stat de L'art. "Actes de la Zeme Journee de Recherche en Marketing de Bourgogne Dijon", 13 novembre, pp. 196-215.
- Marra J.L. (1990): Advertising Creativity: Techniques for Generating Ideas. Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs. New York.
- Melihov Yu., Maluev P. (2006): Design in Advertising. Publishing House of the Magazine "Personnel Management", Moscow.
- Mokshanzhev R.I. (2000): Psychology of Advertising. Infra-M, Moscow.
- Moriarty S. (1996): Creative Advertising. Theory and Practice. Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey.
- Morozova I. (2002): Advertising Stalker: Theory and Practice of Structural Analysis of Advertising Space. Gella-Print, Moscow.
- Nasaiykin A. (2004): Illustration of Advertising. Eksmo, Moscow.
- Ogilvy D. (2005): Secrets of Advertising Court. Eksmo, Moscow.
- Orth U., Koenig H., Firbasove Z. (2007): Cross-National Differences in Consumer Response to the Framing of Advertising Messages. An Exploratory Comparison from Central Europe. "European Journal of Marketing", 41(3/4), pp. 327-348.
- Pavlovskaya E. (2003): Design of Advertising: Generation NEXT. Pyter, St.Petersburg.
- Pirogova J. (2000): Advertising Text: Semiotics and Linguistics. Grebelnikov Publishing House.
- Pronin S. (2004): For Advertiser about Design and for Designer about Advertisement. Berator, Moscow.
- Reichrt F., Ramirez A. (2000): Defining Sexually Oriented Appeals in Advertising. A Grounded Theory Investigation, Advances in Consumer Research. 27, pp. 267-273.
- Shatyn J. (2003): Composition of Advertising Text. Berator-Press, Moscow.
- Shuvanov V.I. (2003): Psychology of Advertising. Phoenix, Rostov-on-Don.
- Taylor C. (2005): Moving International Advertising Research Forward. A New Research Agenda. "Journal of Advertising", 34 (1), pp. 7-16.
- Ulyanovsky A. (1995): Mythic Disdain in Advertising: Institute of Personality. SPb. Pyter, Moscow.
- Van Herpen E., Pieters R., Fidrmucove J., Rosenboom P. (2000): The Information Content of Magazine Advertising in Market and Transition Economies. "Journal of Consumer Policy", 23, pp. 257-283.
- Weinberger M., Gulas C. (1992): The Impact of Humour in Advertising. A Review. "Journal of Advertising", 21(4), pp. 35-59.