Azerbaijan in the Structure of the Global Network of Scientific Knowledge Distribution : Challenges of the Post-soviet Era
Azerbaijan as almost all other post-soviet countries in the early 90th appeared cut-off from the global network of scientific knowledge distribution. Government of Azerbaijan in cooperation with local scientific community developed a State Action- Plan in order to change this situation. In the present article, the authors examined activities of the Central Scientific Library of Azerbaijan National Academy of Sciences, as one of the main components of such plan, focusing on the key problems faced by the library, especially in terms of international relations, and solutions developed, which allowed Azerbaijan to become a part of the global network of scientific knowledge distribution. (original abstract)
- Abuzar A. Khalafov, Aybaniz Aliyeva-Kangarli, Javid A. Jafarov. (2012) Biblioteche in Azerbaigian: l'attuale situazione dei processi di automazione e di catalogazione, "Bibliotime", Bologna, Italy, anno XV, numero 2 luglio, 71-77 pp.
- Abuzar A. Khalafov. (2003) The introduction to Library science: Textbooks: B.: BUP, 314p.
- Aybaniz Aliyeva-Kangarli. (2007) Information maintenance of a science in the modern Azerbaijan and libraries Baku, ANAS, 393 p.
- Aybaniz Aliyeva-Kangarli. (2011) National and spiritual values: creators and succesors, Baku, Progress, 582 p.
- Berezka A. (2010) Financing of the Scientific and Research Activity of a University in the Perspective of the Changeable Criteria of a Knowledge Based Economy and International Aspects, Economics and Sociology, Vol. 3, No 2, 2010, pp. 128-134.
- Javid A. Jafarov. (2012) Azerbaijani libraries in the digital age: future prospects and concerns. Int. J. of Acad. Res., Part B; V.4. No.4, 83-85.
- Láb, F., Němcová Tejkalová, A. (2014). Journalist Education and Truth in the Digital Age: Why We Need Critical Digital Literacy. In: Stocchetti, M. (ed.). Media and Education in the Digital Age: Concepts, Assessments, Subversions. Frankfurt am Main: Peter Lang, pp. 105-116. ISBN 978-3-653-04437-9
- Reports of the Azerbaijan National Library (1995-2000 years).
- Reports of the Central Scientific Library of ANAS (1990-2000 years).
- State Programme on the Development of the Library-Information Sphere in the Republic of Azerbaijan 2008-2013 (2008). Ratified by order _ 3072 of the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan dated on 6 October 2008.
- The Law on Library of the Republic of Azerbaijan. Dated from December 29, 1998.
- Country profile. Azerbaijan/ Council of Europe/ERICarts: "Compendium of Cultural Policies and Trends in Europe", 15th edition 2014.