Impact of CNG Load Shedding on Daily Routine: A Study of Pakistan
People of Pakistan are facing a number of problems due to CNG load shedding. This study investigated the consequences of energy on routines of people and also on social and economic performance of people. Primary data has been collected by conducting video recorded interviews and comment based interviews from twin cities i.e. Islamabad and Rawalpindi of Pakistan. The sample of study includes students, housewives, businessmen and professional workers who are affecting by this CNG shortage. This study focuses on relationship between CNG shortage and its effect on daily routine life and performance of people. It also focuses on psychological issues as well as the economic issues that are caused due to this shortage. This study utilizes in depth semi structured interviews to conduct the qualitative study. N-Vivo 10 is used as tool of data analysis. The CNG shortage in Pakistan caused many critical issues like unemployment, decrease in export contracts and commodities prices are increasing due to this shortage. Less working hours, lack of social and family gathering, increase in work load, depression and anxiety are results caused by CNG shortage. It is concluded that CNG shortage has bad impact on people's lives and on their overall performance. (original abstract)
- Ahmad M., B. (2009). Moving towards Energy Sufficiency, Sustainability, and Sovereignty. EMR-Consult.
- APA. (1995), from http://apcnga.org/newsDetail.php?netwire=19 Eleventh Five Year Plan. (2010): Planning Commission of India.
- Gravin J., Clifton C., Journal of Business Strategy 4(2) (1983) 60-62.
- Harms S., Jack S., Ssebunnya J., Kizza R. (2010). The orphaning experience: descriptions from Ugandan youth who have lost parents to HIV/AIDS. Harms et al. Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Mental Health, 4(6).
- Jamal J. (2012). Gas load shedding hits consumers hard. Islamabad.
- James C., Williams. (1996). Fuel at Last: Oil and Gas for California, 1860s-1940s. California Historical Society 75(2) 114-127.
- Kou B., et al., International Journal of Business and Management 4(10) (2009).
- Li L., International Journal of Business Management 5(3) (2010).
- Michael S., Geography 71(1) (1986) 65-67.
- Richards. (2006). Qualitative Research Design. Thinking Research.
- Rosenberg N. (1983). The effects of energy supply characteristics on technology and economic growth. In S. Schurr,S. Sonenblum and D.O. Wood, eds, Energy, Productivity, and Economic Growth. Cambridge University Press.
- Schurr S. (1983). Energy efficiency and economic efficiency: an historical perspective. In S.Schurr,S. Sonenblum,D.O. Wood, eds., Energy, Productivity, and Economic Growth. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, Mass.
- Yuan M., et al. (2010). Policy Effectiveness in Energy Conservation and Emission Reduction. The Quarterly Journal of the IAEE's Energy Economics Education Foundation, 32(special).
- Zaid K. (2012). An Insight to Energy Crisis. Islamabad: Insaf Research Wing.