Impact of Claim Settlement on Sales of Life Insurance policies - A Case Study of LIC of India
Claim settlement is one of the most important parts of the life insurance services. Person who is holding or planning for the life insurance will always want to have prompt claim settlement. For any insurance company sales of insurance policies is the biggest source of revenue and if claim are not properly settled then it will affect its sales. The study is based on the secondary data collected from IRDA annual report and it shows that LIC of India continue to grow due to its prompt claim settlement, highest insurance premium collections and highest number of policies sold. (original abstract)
-  Barot Haresh, Patel Jayesh and Patel Sweta (2012): "Service Quality and Customer Satisfaction in Indian Insurance Industry", Prerana Journal of Management Thought and Practice, 4(2); 1-13.
-  Chaudhary Sonika and Kiran Priti (2011): "Life Insurance Industry in India - Current Scenario", International Journal of Management & Business Studies, 1(3); 146-150.
-  Das Debabrata and Debnath Jasojit (2012): "Performance of Insurance Companies in India: A Comparison of Public and Private Insurers", The IUP Journal of Risk & Insurance, 9(1); 7-26.
-  Krishnan Bindu (2010): "Claims Management and Claims Settlements in Life Insurance", The Journal of Insurance Institute of India, XXXVI; 49-57.
-  Kuhlemeyer Gregory A. and Allen Garth H. (1999): "Consumer Satisfaction With Life Insurance: A Benchmarking Survey", The Journal of the Association for Financial Counseling and Planning Education, 10(2); 35-48.
-  Kutty Shashidharan (2010): "Indian Life Insurance - The Millennial Decade", The Journal of Insurance Institute of India, XXXVI; 15-45.
-  Mittal Alok and Kumar Akash (2011): "An Exploratory Study of Factors Affecting Selection of Life Insurance Products", Insurance Theory and Practice, Prentice Hall of India Pvt. Ltd, New Delhi, pp. 72-81.
-  Yadav Rajesh K. & Mohania Sarvesh (2013), "Claim Settlement of life insurance policies in insurance services with special reference to life insurance corporation of India" Indian Journal of Economics and Development, 1(1): 29-37.
-  Rajesh K. Yadav, Nishant Dabhade, International Letters of Social and Humanistic Sciences 7 (2013) 1-22.
-  Rajesh K. Yadav, Nishant Dabhade, International Letters of Social and Humanistic Sciences 8 (2013) 77-85.
-  Rajesh K. Yadav, Nishant Dabhade, International Letters of Social and Humanistic Sciences 5 (2014) 44-62.
-  Rajesh K. Yadav, International Letters of Social and Humanistic Sciences 10(2) (2014) 84-90.
-  Rajesh K. Yadav, Nishant Dabhade, International Letters of Social and Humanistic Sciences 10(2) (2014) 181-201.