Effectiveness of Psycho - Educational Intervention on the Rate of Attention of Preschool Children with Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
The aim of this research was to investigating the effectiveness of psycho-educational interventions on the Rate of attention of preschool children with attention deficit / hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). Statistical population included all Preschool boys with ADHD in Isfahan city, Iran during 2011-2012. The sample of this research was 30 children with ADHD Symptoms. To select this sample, multi-stage random sampling was employed. Then these 30 pre-schoolers were randomly assigned in two groups, (15 children in the experimental group and 15 children in the control group). Research method was experimental with pre and post test design. Research tool, was parent's Conner's questionnaire and clinical interview. Psycho-educational interventions as independent variable was performed on experimental group. Data was analyzed by analysis of Covariance. The results showed that the Psycho - Educational interventions is effective on the rate of attention of preschool children with ADHD (p < 0/001). Therefore, psycho-educational intervention is one of appropriate approach for improvement of attention in children with ADHD. (original abstract)
-  Barkley, R. A. (2006). Attention - deficit /hyperactivity disorder: A handbook for diagnosis and treatment. New York: Guilford press.
-  Biederman, J., Faraone, S. V (2005). A psychometric measure of learning disability predicts educational failure four years later in boys with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Journal of Attention Disorders, 4; 220-230.
-  Castellanos, F. X. (2008). Toward a pathophysiology of attention deficit/ hyperactivity. Clinical Pediatric, 36; 370-383.
-  Conners, C. K. (2002). Food additives and hyperactive children. New York: Plenum Press.
-  Daley, D. (2006). Attention Deficit Hyperactivity disorder: A review of the essential facts. Child: Care, Health & Development, 32; 193-204.
-  Das Banerjee, T. D., Middleton, F., Faraone. S. V. (2007). Environmental risk factors for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Acta Paediatrica, 96; 1269-1274.
-  Harpin, V. A. (2005). The effect of ADHD on the life of an individual, Their family, and community from preschool to adult life. Archive of disease in childhood. 90; i2-i7.
-  Kaufman R., Goldberg-Stern H., Shaper A. (2009). Attention -Deficit Disorder and Epilepsy in Childhood: Incidence, Causative relations and Treatment Possibilities. Journal of Child Neurology, 24(6); 727-733.
-  Kieling C., Goncalves R. R., Tannock R., Castellanos F. X. (2008). Neurobiology of attention in deficit hyperactivity disorder. Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Clinics of North America, 17; 285-307.
-  Kirk, S. A., Gallagher J. J., Anastasiow N. J., Coleman M. R. (2006). Educating exceptional children. Boston: Houghton Mifflin.
-  Korkman, M., Kirk, U., & Kemp, S. (1998). NEPSY: A developmental neuropsychological assessment. San Antonio, TX: The psychological Corporation.
-  Leo, M. I., Balestrion, D. M., Phelps, A. R. Kurs-Iasky. M., Chaves-Gnocco. D, Paradise, L. J., Feldman, M. H. (2008). Early histories of school -aged children with attention -deficit hyperactivity disorder. Child development, 6(79); 1853-1868
-  Lin, Y. F., Chung, H. H. (2002). Parenting stress and parent's Willingness to accept treatment in relation to behavioral problem of children with Attention Deficit / Hyperactivity disorder. Journal of Nursing Resource, 10; 43-56.
-  Montoya A., Colom F., Ferrin M. (2011). Is psychoeducational for parents and teachers of children and adolescent with ADHD efficacious? A systematic literature review: European psychiatry 26, 166-175.
-  Reynolds C. R., Fletcher E. (2000). Encyclopedia of Special Education; 3; 1452.
-  Penkman, L. (2004). Remediation of attention deficit in children: a focus on childhood cancer, traumatic brain injury and attention deficit disorder. Developmental Neurorehabilitation, 11; 125.
-  Rappaport G. C., Ornoy A., Tenenbaum A. (1998). Is early intervention effectiveness in preventing ADHD? Isr. Psychiatry relate Sci., 35(4); 271-290.
-  Spencer T. J. (2006). ADHD and emorbidity in childhood. Journal of Clinical Psychiatry, 67(8); 27-31.
-  Steele M. (2004). Making The Case for Early Identification and Intervetion for Young Children at Risk for Learning Disabilities. Children Education Journal, 32(2); 75-79.
-  Tamm L., et. al., (2009). Training and transfer effects of executive functions in preschool children. Journal of Developmental Sci., 12(1); 106.
-  Toplak Maggie E., Laura Connors, Jill Shuster, Bojana Knezevic, Sandy Parks (2008). Review of cognitive, cognitive Behavioral, and neural-based interventions for Attention -Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). Clinical psychology Review, 28; 801-823.
-  Wender P. H. (1987). The hyperactive child, adolescent and adult. New York: Oxford University Press.