Bosnia and Herzegovina in Kosovar Perspective: An Agenda for International Cooperation
Kosovo and Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH) shared a similar fate in former Yugoslav conflicts and international development on the subject of nation building, international intervention and international relations. The two countries now are making an incremental progress towards the EU integration. However, challenges remain in many aspects, including the regional cooperation. This paper aims to look at the Kosovo and Bosnia & Herzegovina relations in last decade or so with the objective to conduct an analysis of the current developments in the region. This paper looks at the political, economic and security cooperation as an amalgamation of inter-dependent relations in the post-Yugoslav context, with all the ethnopolitical challenges and geopolitical burdens. (original abstract)
- Barth F. (2000), Boundaries and Connections. Signifying Identities: Anthropological Perspectives on Boundaries and Contested Values, London.
- Central European Free Trade Agreement (2006), Consolidated Version of the Central European Free Trade Agreement (CEFTA 2006), Retrieved August 8, 2014, from http://www.stabilitypact.org/trade/ANN1CEFTA%20 2006%20Final%20Text.pdf
- Cocozzeli F. (2008), Small Minorities in a Divided Polity: Turks, Bosniaks, Muslim Slavs and Roms, Ashkalis, Egyptians in Post-Conflict Kosovo. Ethnopolitics: Formerly Global Review of Ethnopolitics.
- Delevis M. (1998), The International Journal of Peace Studies. Economic Sanctions as a Foreign Policy Tool: The Case of Yugoslavia, Retrieved September 7, 2014, from http://www.gmu.edu/programs/icar/ijps/vol3_1/Delvic.htm
- Der Auweraert P. V. (2013), Reparations for Wartime Victims in the Former Yugoslavia: In Search of the Way Forward. IOM. Retrieved August 22, 2014, from https://www.iom.int/files/live/sites/iom/files/What-We-Do/ docs/Reparations-for-Wartime-Victimes-in-the-Former-Yugoslavia-In- Search-of-the-Way-Forward.pdf
- Djugumanov I., Lazić B., Tasev J. (2012), The Balkans and the Future of Euro- Atlantic Integration, Atlantic Council.
- Dvořáková V., Milardović A. (2007), Lustration and Consolidation of Democracy and the Rule of Law in Central and Eastern Europe, Series of Political Science Research Centre Forum Book 5. Retrieved August 9, 2014, from http://www.kas.de/wf/doc/kas_12839-1522-19-30.pdf?090702164702
- Elshani, Veton. Interview by Donika Emini. Personal Interview. Kosovo Police - ILECU, June 26, 2014.
- Emini D., (2014), Kosovo's Membership and Representation in Regional Security Initiative, Kosovar Centre for Security Studies. Retrieved September 22, 2014, from http://www.qkss.org/repository/docs/Kosovo
- Fischer M. (2010), Transitional Justice and Reconciliation: Theory and Practice, Berghof Foundation. Retrieved August 9, 2014, from http://www. berghof-handbook.net/documents/publications/fischer
- Full text: Kosovo Declaration. (2008, February 17). BBC News. Retrieved September 8, 2014, from http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7249677.stm
- GAP Institute (2011). Kosovo in CEFTA: In or Out? GAP Institute. Retrieved August 13, 2014, from http://www.institutigap.org/documents/72590_ CEFTAEng.pdf
- Halili P. (2011), Kosovo on the offensive: Trade reciprocity and rule of law, Washington Times Communities. Retrieved August 7, 2014, from http:// communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/europeanizationmonitor/ 2011/aug/2/kosovo-offensive-trade-reciprocity-and-rule-law/
- Handjiski B. (2010), Enhancing regional trade integration in Southeast Europe, Washington, D.C.: World Bank.
- Human Rights Watch. (2000). The Crisis in Kosovo. Civilian Deaths in the NATO Air Campaign. Retrieved September 21, 2014, from http://www. hrw.org/reports/2000/nato/Natbm200-01.htm
- Karadaku L. (2013, November 4), Police Co-operation Breaks Major Drugtrafficking Network (SETimes.com). Retrieved September 25, 2014, from http://www.setimes.com/cocoon/setimes/xhtml/en_GB/features/ setimes/features/2013/11/04/feature-01
- Kosovo Agency of Statistics: Kosovo Foreign Trade - 2013 Stats. Kosovo Agency of Statistics. Retrieved August 13, 2014, from http://ask.rks-gov. net/publikimet/doc_view/1127-statistikat-e-tregtisaeuml-saeuml-jashtme- 2013?tmpl=component&format=raw
- Krieger K. (2001), The Kosovo Conflict and International Law: An Analytical Documentation, 1974-1999, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Lampe J. R., (1996), Yugoslavia as History: Twice There Was a Country, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Leätina D. (1992), Regional Development in Communist Yugoslavia: Success, Failure, anti-Consequences, Boulder, CO: Westview Press.
- Pape R. A. (1997), Why Economic Sanctions Do Not Work. International Security.
- Paszkiewicz J. (2013). Faculty of Arts and Sciences Journal of Social Sciences, Regional Cooperation In Western Balkans: A View From Inside The European Union, The Premises And Obstacles.
- Republika Srpska Slams Kosovo Recognition "Pressure": Balkan Insight. (2013) Retrieved 2014, from http://www.balkaninsight.com/en/article/ dodik-opposes-bosnia-s-recognition-of-kosovo
- Riffler V. (2010), International Journal of Rule of Law, "Transitional Justice and Human Rights, Transitional Justice And Human Rights", Vol. Available at SSRN: http://ssrn.com/abstract=1736605
- Simon G. (2014), An Economic History of Socialist Yugoslavia, Available at SSRN: http://ssrn.com/abstract=209433 or http://dx.doi.org/10.2139/ ssrn.2094334
- Stroschein S. (2013), Discourse in Bosnia and Macedonia on the Independence of Kosovo: When and What is a Precedent?, Europe - Asia Studies
- Transitional Justice in Post-Yugoslav Countries (2007). Report for 2006. Retrieved September 15, 2014, from http://wcjp.unicri.it/proceedings/docs/ DOCUMENTA-HLC-RCS_Trans%20justice%20in%20ex%20Yu%
- Tsugui E. (2011), Regionalization and European Integration in the Framework of Central European Free Trade Agreement, Institute for Development and Social Initiatives (IDIS)
- "What is Transitional Justice?" (2008, August 20). UN. Retrieved September 10, 2014, from http://www.un.org/en/peacebuilding/pdf/do
- Zupan N., (2007), Facing the Past and Transitional Justice in Countries of Former Yugoslavia, Berlin.
- Zwierzchowski J., Tabeau E. (2010), The Global Costs of Conflict, ICTY, Retrieved August 21, 2014, from http://www.icty.org/x/file/About/OTP/ War_Demographics/en/bih_casualty_undercount_conf_paper_1