Investigating the Efficiency of the Branch Offices of the Tose'ye Ta'avon1 Bank by the DEA Method
The present research was designed and implemented with the aim of investigating the efficiency of the branch offices of the Tose'ye Ta'avon bank by the DEA method. For this purpose, the statistical population of this study was all the branch offices of the Tose'ye Ta'avon bank at the national level. The number of branches under study was estimated 31. The present research in terms of objective is an applied research while the data collection methodology is of a field research type. The library tool for collecting the data as well as the Delphi method was applied for finalization of the information. The information collected was analyzed by using the WINQSB software, where the findings indicated from among all the provinces indicated; 9 branch offices in 2012, 9 branch offices in 2011, 7 branch offices in 2010 and 8 branch offices in 2008 were highly efficient, branch offices of provinces of Kermanshah and Golestan in 2012 and branch offices in the province of Fars in 2009 had a weak efficiency while the rest of the offices were inefficient. (original abstract)
- Ebrahimi, S., Akbari, N., Mosrinajad, Sh., & Asadiaboalverdi, A. (2006). Investigating the extent of efficiency among the state banks by using the DEA method, Quarterly of economic investigations, 3(4): 75-93.
- Hejazi, R., Anvarirotami, A., & Moghadasi, M. (2008). analyzing the overall productivity of Iran's bank of Tose'ye Saderat and growth of its productivity by using the DEA method, Industrial management journal, 1(1): 39- 50.
- Haghighat J., & Nasiri, N. (2003). Investigating the banking system with the application of the DEA method, (case study: Keshavarzi bank), Research-scientific quarterly, economic research, 3: 9-10.
- Husseinzade Lotfi, F., Dinandari, A., Jahanshahlo, Gh., Nikomaram, H., & Bartakitaleghani, V. (2006). Assessing the superintendence of the Iranian Mellat banks in different time periods, an analysis of the DEA method, Journal of applied mathematics, Lahijan branch, 3(8): 85-93.
- Dashtinezhad, M. (2012). Analysis of the efficiency of the companies accepted in the Stock Exchange Bourse by using the DEA method, Periodical of management research papers, 5: 65- 74.
- Doosti, S., & Ebdali, A. (2008). Relation between technical assessment and grading the Trading banks branches by using the DEA, Research periodical publication and economic researches, 47(16): 63- 93.
- Dadgar, Y., & Niknemat, Z. (2007). Application of the DEA model in evaluating the efficiency of the economic units, case study: superintendence of Tejarat banks, two research and scientific quarterlies of economic researches, 4(7): 11-54.
- Rostami, M., Ghasemi, J., Eskandari, F. (2011). Assessing the financial performance of the banks accepted in the Stock Exchange Bourse (Application of TOPSIS in DEA), Journal of Accounting, 4(8): 19-30.
- Sobhani, H., & Karjoo, H. (2012). Investigating and measuring the technical efficiency of selected branch offices of Saderat banks in Tehran, Research periodical and economic policies, 20(62): 195- 211.
- Mahmoodi Khoshroo O., Ghasemi A. (2010). Investigating the efficiency of Kurdistan's municipality offices by using the DEA method, Journal of industrial management of the faculty of Humanities at the Sanandaj university, 5(13): 103-119.
- Mehrabian S., Saatimotadi, S., & Hadi, A. (2011). assessing the efficiency of Eghteasade Novin offices with a combination of nervous networks and DEA, Research operation and its applications (applied mathematics), 8(4): 29-39.
- Hadian E., Azimi Husseini A. (2004). Estimation of efficiency of the Iranian banking system by using the DEA, Journal of Iranian economic researches, 20: 1- 25.
- Ayadi, I. (2013)."Determinants of Tunisian Bank Efficiency: A DEA Analysis", International Journal of Financial Research, 4:128-139.
- George, E. Halkos, D., & Salamouris, S. (2004). "Efficiency measurement of the Greek commercial banks with the use of financial ratios: a data envelopment analysis approach", Management Accounting Research, 15(2): 183-193.
- Muhammad, T. (2008). A DEA Analysis of Bank Performance in Nigeria", online at http://mpra. Ub. Uni-muenchen. De/33560/.
- Nenovsky, N., Chobanov, P., Mihaylova G., Koleva, D. (2007). Efficiency of the Bulgarian Banking System: Traditional Approach and Data Envelopment Analysis", Agency for Economic Analysis and Forecasting and University of National and World Economy.
- Tahir I. M., Abu Bakar N. M., Haron S., International Journal of Business and Management 4 (2009) 11-25.