The Body Image and Illogical Thoughts and Believes Comparison of Amputation Persons with Ordinary Persons
This study aims to determine and compare the body image satisfaction, illogical thoughts and believes of amputation persons with ordinary persons. In this study we used the scientific - comparison method. The study sample consists of all amputation people that are under the sponsored of martyr and amputee's affairs foundation and social welfare organization, and the equal or matched ordinary people with those in Qorveh. According to the limitation of persons with amputation, 25 subjects of amputation persons that was under the support of martyr and amputee's affairs foundation and social welfare organization was selected purposefully and also 25 subjects of ordinary people was chosen randomize as samples; (they) were selected as statistical sample with the cloning and homogenization method with amputation group. For measuring body image satisfaction, the 24 questions of body image satisfaction scale of Mashhad's Ferdowsi University were used (Parizade, 2012). The Cronbach's alpha coefficient of test (α = 0/91) show the acceptable reliability of this scale in measuring satisfaction of body image. To assess the logical thoughts and believes; the 40 questions of logical thoughts and believes questionnaire from Jones was used that validated in Ahwaz (Abadi and Moatamedin, 2005). The final test score is 0/79 that shows the high detection strength test. For data analysis, also the Pearson's correlation coefficient, the independent t-test was used. The results of hypothesis research testing show that there is meaningful and negative relationship between body image satisfaction and illogical thoughts and believe of ordinary people with amputation persons. In other words, the increscent of body image satisfaction results are decreased their illogical believes in both groups. Also the results indicate that a meaningful difference is observed between the satisfaction of body image and illogical thoughts and believes in both groups of ordinary and amputation persons. In other words, people with amputation have a lower body image satisfaction and a higher illogical believes about themselves.(original abstract)
- Keyvan Ara A., Kamkar M., and Rismanchian B., The relationship of high weight with self-confidence, depression, life style and body self-imagination in the self-reagent women to the decrement weight center. Knowledge and study in the psychology 13(2) (2011) 121-144.
- Shahryar A., Body management and its relationship with social body acceptance, Women's guideline studies 4(1) (2007) 1-33.
- Soltan Nejad M., survey the disordered eating (habits) with the checkout body behavior on the Islamic Azad university students of Rafsanjan. Knowledge and study in the practical psychology, 14(8) (2009) 42-124.
- Khani H., Joharin, Simin K., Mohammad H., Ganji R & Azad M., Mohammad S., Survey the life quality of amputated veterans in Mazandaran. The magazine of Khorasan's Medicine sciences university, course 3(1) (2011) 49-56.
- Amidi M., Ghefranim Fazlollah & Hosseini R., Dissatisfaction relationship of mental body image and the body mass index in the teenagers girls. Two indexes of behavioral sciences researches, course 11(2) (2006) 59-65.