The Nature of Iranian Petroleum Contracts in Upstream Section
Petroleum contracts are an important and sensitive issue in Iranian petroleum industry. Monitoring on petroleum contracts especially in upstream section is too important due to length of term and high financial volume. After Islamic revolution in Iran, a challenging discussion between the Parliament and Government was the supervision and approval of petroleum contracts by Parliament. Article 77 of Iranian Constitutional Law permits the Parliament to monitor on international agreements directly. Therefore, determining the nature of petroleum contracts would highly impact on this kind of supervision by the Parliament. However, Parliament can monitor on these contract properly by using its authorities mentioned in the Constitutional Law and by codification or modifying relevant laws including the Law to Modify Petroleum Law.(original abstract)
- Amani Mahmood (2010). Petroleum and Gas International Contract Law, Tehran, Imam Sadegh Publications.
- Carreau Dominique (1981). Droit International Public, Les Cours de Droit.
- Degan V.D. (1997). Sources of International Law, Netherlands, Kluwer Law.
- EL- Khosheri Ahmed S., Tarek F. Riad, The Law Governing a New Generation of Petroleum Agreements: Changes in the Arbitration Process, ICSID Review 1(2)(1986) 257- 288.
- Fayazbakhsh Marjaneh (2010). Studying Different Ways of International Contracts in Petroleum and Gas Upstream Projects (By Emphasis on Article 14 of the Fourth Development Plan), M. A. Dissertation, Payam Noor University.
- Fitzmaurice M., Elias O. (2005). Contemporary Issues in the Law of Treaties, Netherlands, Eleven International Publishing.
- Haddadi Mahdi, The Status of Agreements in Simplified Form in Iranian Laws, Journal of Qom Higher Education Complex 4(14) (2002) 113-151.
- Klabbers Jan (1998). The Concept of Treaty in International Law, Netherlands, Kluwer Law.
- Mir Abbassi, Seyed Bagher .(1997). Public International Laws, Tehran, Dadgostar Publications.
- Mostafavi Seyed Mostafa, Amani Masoud, The Nature of Petroleum International Contracts, Islamic Research Journal 3 (2008).
- Parliament Research Center (2007). Repot of Review of the Performance of Petroleum Ministry in Upstream and Downstream Petroleum and Gas Affairs in the 3rd and 4th Development Plans.