The Factors Affecting Couples' Age Difference Between Two Generations of 1976 and 1986 in City of Kamyaran
Couples' age difference affects fertilizing, family planning, being satisfied with matrimony, divorce and being widow (or widower). The age difference respecting getting prepared biologically between males and females can itself cause couples'age difference. The main aim of the present study is the factors affecting couples' age difference in city of Kamyaran and contrastive comparison between two generations born in years of 1976 and 1986. The population includes 58047 of married people born in years of 1976 and 1986 (in that 26057 of which belong to the generation of 1986 and 32000 belong to the generation of 1976) in city of Kamyaran who 381 of the sampling amount were estimated based on Chochran formula in that to ignore the amount of errors, the sampling size is regarded as 400 people. The sampling method was multi-cluster one and the questionnaire was used to collect the information and they were distributed among respondents after getting approved respecting both validity and reliability. After collecting the questionnaires and reviewing them, a code was assigned for any of the questionnaires and answers and then the data were transferred into the SPSS software and the matrix of the variables got formed. To analyze the data suitable for their assessment at descriptive level, the descriptive statistics of Average, Standard Deviation (SD), Mean and tables were used and at the explanatory analysis level, Pearson Correlation, T-test, multivariable statistical techniques and graphs were also used. According to the gained results, the age difference for rural and urban males were 5.22 and 5.23 years, respectively and they were 4.26 and 3.13 for rural and urban females, respectively that age difference was more in rural females than their urban counterparts. The marriage ages for rural and urban boys are 25.28 and 25.36 years, respectively. The marriage ages for rural and urban girls are 22.4 and 22.94, respectively. The sociocultural factors, economic factors, the marriage age, masculinity and education have a meaningful relation with dependent variable.(original abstract)
- Aminzade F., Demographics of Tehran, human and social sciences Faculty, the university of Sepahian of Iranian Revolutionary(1978).
- Michale Asociology of family and marriage, translated by Ardalan, Farangis; human and social faculty of Tehran University, Tehran., (1997).
- DorodiAhi N., Lack of balance toward gender relativities for marriage ages, Demographics, 41, Tehran(2002).
- Zanjani H., Demographics analysis, the publication of humane science study and research center (Smat publications), Tehran(1997).
- Srokhani B., An introduction on the sociology of family, Soroush publication, Tehran(1991).
- Segalen M.,Historic sociology of family, translated by Eliasi, Hamid, Markaz publication, Tehran(1991).
- Abbasi S & Khani S., Marriage patterns, ethnicity and religion: case study on married females in the city of Qorwe, Iranian Demographics Association4(3)(2008)36.
- Kazemipour S., Marriage age change in Iran and population factors affecting it, females' surveys Tehran2(3)(2004).
- Mahmoudian H &Rahwarzgar F ., The social and population factors affecting couples' age difference in province of Ardabil, the magazine for sociocultural council of females, strategic studies4(50)( 2010).
- Mahmoudian H., Analyzing the amount and factors affecting couples' age difference, the letter by Demographics association1(1)(2006)127-140.
- Mahmoudian H., The increment of marriage age, investigating supporting factors, the social science letter(24)(2004)27-53.
- Iranian statistic., The sample of individual file, 20 % for cnsus, 2006(2010).