A Comparison of Aggression and Irrational Beliefs of the Students on the Basis of their Using of Computer Games
The aim of the present research was to compare the aggression and irrational beliefs of the students who use computer games and those who do not use such computer games. The universe under research included all the high schools students of the city of Saghez studied in the educational year of 2012-2013. A sample size of 100 people at the high school levels was selected through the multi stage cluster sampling and then via simple random method. To collect the data, a 29 question aggression questionnaire by Buss and Perry and a Jones 100 question irrational beliefs questionnaire were used. To analyze the data, the t test was used. Findings revealed that there is a difference between the normal students and the students that use gaming with respect to aggression and irrational beliefs. (original abstract)
- Payame Noor University, Iran
- University of Shiraz, Shiraz, Iran
- Islamic Azad University, Roudehen, Iran
- Allameh Tabatabai University, Tehran, Iran
- Payame Noor University, Iran
-  Kaokebisiyoki F., Aminyazdi S., Yousefi A., Modaresh Ghorori M. (2010). Efficiency of group treatment especially rational - emotive - behavioral treatment on anxiety of infertile (sterile) women who were under IVF treatment: contemporary psychology Quarterly Extra Version, (Extra version) 5. 652 - 656. www.sid.ir.
-  Ellis A. (1969). The Art and Science of love. New York: Lyle stuart , (1960). Rev. Ed., New York. Lyle Stuart and Bantam.
-  Chambless D. L., Gracely E. J., Cognitive Therapy and Research 13 (1989) 9-20.
-  Feldman R. S. (1987). Understanding Psychology. New York: Mc Graze Hill.
-  Ellis A. (1973). Humanistic psychotherapy: The Rational Emotive Approach, N.Y. The Julian press INC.
-  Moradi F., Bahrami H., Ahghar Gh., Contemporary Psychology Quarterly 5 (2010) 704-706.
-  Taghipour M. (1994). Considering and comparing irrational beliefs between psychosomatic patients and normal people, ranged from 20 - 50 years old in Tehran; MA thesis Alameh Tabatabaie University.
-  Bridges R. K., Sander Man R. (2002). The Irrational beliefs inventory: cross cultural comparisons between American and Dutch samples. Journal of rational - emotive cognitive therapy. ERIC.
-  Jones R. G. (1968). A J measure of Ellis "irrational belief system'', with personality and maladjustment correlates. Dissertation Abstracts international, 29, 43 79 B-4380 B. (university microfilms. NO 696443).
-  Anderson G. (1986). Affect of the Game Player Short - Term Effects of highly and Mildly Aggressive Video Game, Journal of Preventive Psychiatry and Neurology.
-  Berkoutiz L. (2009). Social psychology. Tehran: Asateer publications.
-  Shafeeabadi A. (2008). Guidance and counseling of the child. Tehran: SAMT publications.
-  Motamedin M., Ebadi Gh., Quarterly of research and knowledge in the educational science 14 (2007) 1-22
-  Yavarian R., Sohrabi F., Yavarian N., Quarterly of the nursing and obstetrics faculty in Uremia 8(2) (2010) 114-117.
-  Shaverdi T., Shaverdi Sh., Quarterly of cultural research 2(7) (2008) 47-76.
-  Schultz D. P., Schultz S. A. (2008). Theories of personality. Tehran: Virayesh publications.
-  Azari S., Research and evaluation 15(45) (2009) 121-136.
-  Delvecchio H., Olivery M., Journal of clinical psychology 2(2) (2005) 15-34.
-  Seid Hamed Hosseini, International Letters of Social and Humanistic Sciences 7 (2014) 67-75.
-  Nadeem Iqbal, Naveed Ahmad, Zeeshan Riaz, International Letters of Social and Humanistic Sciences 9 (2014) 14-25.
-  Sakineh Ghayazi, Faranak Omidian, Mohammed Hosseinpoor, International Letters of Social and Humanistic Sciences 10(1) (2014) 51-61.
-  Morteza Ziaee, International Letters of Social and Humanistic Sciences 10(2) (2014) 172-180.
-  Gholamreza Jandaghi, Hamid Reza Irani, Ehssan Jandaghi, Zeinab Sadat Mousavi, Maryam Davoodavabi, International Letters of Social and Humanistic Sciences 15(1) (2014) 7-13.
-  Gholamreza Jandaghi, Hamid Reza Irani, Ehssan Jandaghi, Zeinab Sadat Mousavi, Maryam Davoodavabi, International Letters of Social and Humanistic Sciences 15(1) (2014) 78-83.
-  Heman Mahmoudfakhe, Morad Abdivarmazan, Toba Amini, International Letters of Social and Humanistic Sciences 15(2) (2014) 84-91.
-  Roghaieh Fathi, International Letters of Social and Humanistic Sciences 19 (2014) 24-34.
-  Hamid Kamarzarin, International Letters of Social and Humanistic Sciences 19 (2014) 69-80.