The Growth and Performance of the Belarusian Agro-food Industry in 2004-2012
This paper provides an analysis of agro-food industry growth in Belarus, which is one of the key industries in the economy. Such an analysis allowed us to understand the main forces of relatively successful development. We pointed out that state owned companies in the Belarusian agrofood industry operate as de facto strongly integrated corporate groups which ensures reliable supply of raw materials. In addition, we looked at the government directed lending programs which, through allocation of credit, push funds toward priority subsectors. (original abstract)
- Baranova M.I. : Approaches of the Belarusian Dairy Industry towards Innovation. Business and Management 2010: The Proceedings of the 6th International Scientific Conference, Vilnius, p.335 -341.
- Kukresh L., Kazakevich P. : Ownerless flax. How to revive one of traditional agrarian sector of Belarus. Rural newspaper, Minsk No 4.
- Pilipuk A.V., Suboch F.I., Baranova M.I., Lopatnuk L.A., Pronina T.S., Durovich V.A. ; Competitiveness strategy of dairy industry of Belarus: theory, methodology, practice: a monograph. Institute of System Researches in Agroindustrial Complex of NAS of Belarus, Minsk.
- Pilipuk A. : Production and processing of rapeseed in Belarus: Analysis and prospects of development. Agricultural economics, Minsk No. 3, p. 53-58.
- Pilipuk A., Karpovich N. : Fat-and-oil sub sector in Belarus: analysis and development prospect. Agricultural economics, Minsk No. 9, p. 38-45.
- Shpak A., Pilipuk A., Baranovа M. : Improving the competitiveness of the meat and dairy industry of the Republic of Belarus. Agricultural economics, Minsk No. 9, p. 24-29.
- National statistical committee of the Republic of Belarus (Belstat) : Foreign trade of the Republic of Belarus. Statistical book, Minsk.
- World Bank . Unleashing Prosperity: Productivity Growth in Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union Washington, DC.
- World Bank . Belarus Industrial Performance Before and During the Global Crisis Belarus Economic Policy Notes: Note No.1. Report No. 54371-BY, Washington, DC.