Status Quo and Willingness to Pay for Reduction of Risk of Erosive Runoff
In this paper the problem of Status Quo and willingness to pay by inhabitants of HauteNormandy region in France for reduction of risk of erosive runoff was researched. The paper is dedicated to the definition of the factors which influence people's willingness and unwillingness to pay for protection from erosive runoff. Analysis of data requires statistical methods that can properly account for the correlation of respondents with the risk of missing values due to drop-out of study respondents. (original abstract)
- Hanley N., Wright E.R., Adamowicz V. : Using Choice Experiment to Value the Environment, Environmental and Resource Economics, Netherlands, 11(3-4): pp. 413-428.
- Hoyos D. : The state of the art of environmental valuation with discrete choice experiment, Ecological Economics, vol.69, issue 8, pp. 1595-1603.
- Meyerhoff J. : Status-Quo Effect in Choice Modeling: Protest Beliefs, Attitudes, and Task Complexity, 3rd World Congress of Environmental and Resource Economists, Kyoto, Japan 3-7 July 2006/ Working paper on management in environmental planning.
- Nearing M.A., Jetten V., Baffaut C., Cerdan O., Couturier A., Hernandez M., Le Bissonnais Y., M.H. Nichols, J.P. Nunes, C.S. Renschler, V. Souchère, K. van Oost : Modeling response of soil erosion and runoff to changes in precipitation and cover, Catena 61, pp. 131-154.
- Samuelson W., Zeckhauser R.,  Status quo bias in decision making Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Vol. 1, Issue 1, pp. 7-59.
- Vebeke G. and Molenlebergh G., . Linear Mixed Models for longitudinal data. Spinger-Verlag, New York