A Qualitative Approach for Assessing Resiliency in Supply Chains
The ultimate goal of this study is to develop a comprehensive and competitive management system to enhance resilience capability of supply chains. In addition, the study aims to identify and eliminate barriers affecting resilience by identifying the factors may cause trouble in the near future. The theoretical framework was established to summarize the significant finding in the area of resilient supply chain and as a guideline for the empirical part. A qualitative approach based on multi criteria decision making process has been adopted in order to gather data through in-depth interviews. The developed method to evaluate resilience capability through supply chains piloted in a sample of five companies involved in an automotive supply chain. (original abstract)
-  Stevens Graham C., Integrating the supply chain, International Journal of Physical Distribution & Logistics Management, 19 (8), 3-8, 1989.
-  Fahimnia B., Luong L., Marian R., Genetic algorithm optimisation of an integrated aggregate production-distribution plan in supply chains, International Journal of Production Research, 50 (1), 81-96, 2012.
-  Gunasekaran A., Patel C., Tirtiroglu E., Performance measures and metrics in a supply chain environment, International Journal of Operations & Production Management, 21 (1/2), 71-87, 2001.
-  Christopher M., Towill D., An integrated model for the design of agile supply chains, International Journal of Physical Distribution & Logistics Management, 31 (4), 235-246, 2001.
-  Craighead C.W., Blackhurst J., Rungtusanatham M.J., Handfield R.B., The severity of supply chain disruptions: design characteristics and mitigation capabilities, Decision Sciences, 38 (1), 131-156, 2007.
-  Sheffi Y., The resilient enterprise: overcoming vulnerability for competitive advantage, MIT Press Books, 1, 2005.
-  Peck H., Drivers of supply chain vulnerability: an integrated framework, International Journal of Physical Distribution & Logistics Management, 35 (4), 210-232, 2005.
-  Carvalho H., Azevedo S.G., Cruz-Machado V., Supply chain performance management: lean and green paradigms, International Journal of Business Performance and Supply Chain Modelling, 2 (3), 304-333, 2010.
-  Blackhurst J., Kaitlin S. Dunn, Christopher W. Craighead, An empirically derived framework of global supply resiliency, Journal of Business Logistics, 32 (4), 374-391, 2011.
-  Pettit T.J., Fiksel J., Croxton K.L., Ensuring supply chain resilience: development of a conceptual framework, Journal of Business Logistics, 31 (1), 1- 21, 2010.
-  Wagner S.M., Neshat N., Assessing the vulnerability of supply chains using graph theory, International Journal of Production Economics, 126 (1), 121-129, 2010.
-  Jüttner U., Maklan S., Supply chain resilience in the global financial crisis: an empirical study, Supply Chain Management: An International Journal, 16 (4), 246-259, 2011.
-  Bhamra R., Dani S., Burnard K., Resilience: the concept, a literature review and future directions, International Journal of Production Research, 49 (18), 5375-5393, 2011.
-  Soni U., Jain V., Kumar S., Measuring Supply Chain Resilience Using a Deterministic Modeling Approach, Computers & Industrial Engineering, 2014.
-  Hanna Joe B., Skipper J.B., Hall D., Mitigating supply chain disruption: the importance of top management support to collaboration and flexibility, International Journal of Logistics Systems and Management, 6 (4), 397-414, 2010.
-  Ji G., Zhu C., Study on supply chain disruption risk management strategies and model, In Service Systems and Service Management, International Conference on (pp. 1-6), IEEE, 2008.
-  Hendricks K.B., Singhal V.R., An Empirical Analysis of the Effect of Supply Chain Disruptions on Long-Run Stock Price Performance and Equity Risk of the Firm, Production and Operations Management, 14 (1), 35-52, 2005.
-  Fiksel J., Designing resilient, sustainable systems, Environmental Science & Technology, 37 (23), 5330-5339, 2003.
-  Brady G.S., Clauser H.R., Vaccari J.A., Materials handbook, McGraw-Hill, 15, 1956.
-  Cumming G.S., Barnes G., Perz S., Schmink M., Sieving K.E., Southworth J., Van Holt T., An exploratory framework for the empirical measurement of resilience, Ecosystems, 8 (8), 975-987, 2005.
-  Ganor M., Ben-Lavy Y.U.L.I., Community resilience: Lessons derived from Gilo under fire, Journal of Jewish Communal Service, 79 (2/3), 105-108, 2003.
-  Rice J.B., Caniato F., Building a secure and resilient supply network, Supply Chain Management Review, 7, 5, 22-30, 2003.
-  Christopher M., Peck H., Building the resilient supply chain, International Journal of Logistics Management, 15 (2), 1-14, 2004.
-  Azevedo S.G., Machado V.H., Barroso A.P., Cruz-Machado V., Supply chain vulnerability: environment changes and dependencies, International Journal of Logistics and Transport, 2 (1), 41-55, 2008.
-  Hong P., Hwang W., Operational capabilities and performance toward global supply chain: an overview of Korean manufacturing and service firms, International Journal of Logistics Systems and Management, 8 (2), 183-197, 2011.
-  Carvalho H., Maleki M., Cruz-Machado V., The links between supply chain disturbances and resilience strategies, International Journal of Agile Systems and Management, 5 (3), 203-234, 2012.
-  Tang C.S., Robust strategies for mitigating supply chain disruptions, International Journal of Logistics: Research and Applications, 9 (1), 33-45, 2006.
-  Sodhi M.S., Tang C.S., Managing supply chain risk, Springer, 172, 2012.
-  Thun J.H., Hoenig D., An empirical analysis of supply chain risk management in the German automotive industry, International Journal of Production Economics, 131 (1), 242-249, 2011.
-  Sturgeon T.J., Memedovic O., Van Biesebroeck J., Gereffi G., Globalisation of the automotive industry: main features and trends, International Journal of Technological Learning, Innovation and Development, 2 (1), 7-24, 2009.
-  Holweg M., Disney S.M., Hines P., Naim M.M., Towards responsive vehicle supply: a simulation-based investigation into automotive scheduling systems, Journal of Operations Management, 23 (5), 507-530, 2005.
-  Rautiainen M., Takala J., Measuring customer satisfaction and increasing it by choosing the right development subjects, In 2nd International Conference on Logistics & Transport, LOADO, 2003.
-  Ranta J.M., Takala J., A holistic method for finding out critical features of industry maintenance services, International Journal of Services and Standards, 3 (3), 312-325, 2007.
-  Sillanpää I., Malek A., Takala J., Critical attributes on supply chain strategy implementation: case study in Europe and Asia, Management and Production Engineering Review, 4 (4), 66-75, 2013.
-  Nikookar H., Sahebi D., Comparing sense and respond based critical factor index methods for optimizing operations strategies, In MIC 2012: Managing Transformation with Creativity; Proceedings of the 13th International Conference, Budapest, 22- 24 November 2012 [Selected Papers] (pp. 1067-1077). University of Primorska, Faculty of Management Koper, 2012.