Surface Quality Assessment Following High Performance Cutting of AZ91HP Magnesium Alloy
The article presents test results of surface roughness after AZ91HP magnesium alloy machining with variable technological parameters (vc, fz, ap) as well as tool geometry (γ= 5° and γ = 30°). Two carbide end mills were applied during the tests. Roughness analysis was conveyed at the end face (Ra, Rq, RzDIN, Rt, Ry, RSm) and lateral face (Ra, Rz, RSm) of the tested sample. A decrease of roughness parameters (for increasing vc) as well as an increase (with growing fz) was observed in the lateral face tests. Similar interrelations were noticed for end face of the sample. Lower roughness parameters values were recorded for tool rake angle equal to γ = 5°. (original abstract)
-  Górecki A., General Technology. Basics of mechanical technology, WSiP, Warsaw 2009.
-  Oczoś K.E., Extension of the magnesium alloys application range, Mechanik, 5-6, 386-400, 2009.
-  Oczoś K.E., Efficient machining of magnesium alloys, Mechanik, 7, 467-474, 2000.
-  Adamski W., Manufacturing development strategies in aviation industry, Advances in Manufacturing Science and Technology, 34, 3, 73-84, 2010.
-  Zalewski A., Optimal HSM machining strategy for improving production efficiency, Design and Engineering Constructions, 3, 23-26, December 2007.
-  Grzesik W., Fundamentals of the machining constructional materials, WNT, Warsaw 2010.
-  Oczoś K.E., Kawalec A., Light metals forming, PWN, Warsaw 2012.
-  Leigh E., Tlusty J., Schueller J., Applying high-speed machining techniques on rotor grip configurations, Presented at the American Helicopter Society 55th Annual Forum, Montréal, Quebec, Canada, May 25-27, 1999.
-  Guo Y.B., Salahshoor M., Process mechanics and surface integrity by high-speed dry milling of biodegradable magnesium-calcium implant alloys, CIRP Annals - Manufacturing Technology, 59, 151-154, 2010.
-  Kuczmaszewski J., Pieśko P., The influence of the type of carbide coated end mills on cutting forces and surface roughness during EN AW-6082 aluminium machining, Mechanik, 10, 846-854, 2013.
-  Kuczmaszewski J., Zagorski I., The study of cutting forces and amplitudes during the milling magnesium alloys, Advances In Science and Technology Research Journal, 12, 999-1004, 2012.
-  Tonshoff H.K., Winkler J., The influence of tool coatings in machining of magnesium, Surface and Coatings Technology, 94-95, 610-616, 1997.
-  Kim J.D., Lee K.B., Surface Roughness Evaluation in Dry-Cutting of Magnesium Alloy by Air Pressure Coolant, Engineering, 2, 788-792, 2010.
-  Zagórski I., Pieśko P., Comparative Study of Surface Roughness of selected Magnesium Alloys After milling with Carbide Tool and PCD, Advances in Science and Technology, 8, 53-58, 2011.
-  Zagórski I., Kuczmaszewski J., Selected problems of effectiveness of processing of magnesium alloys with a Kordell design toll, MPER, 2, 4, 90-96, 2011.