The Formation of Civil Society in Ukraine after the Orange Revolution
The paper aims to determine the level of public sector development of Ukraine in accordance with the guiding principles of sustainable development. The object of study is a sector of non-governmental organizations (NGOs) that are active in Ukraine since the Orange Revolution. The research subject is the civil society development of Ukraine, which was estimated in accordance with such principles of sustainability as the level of organizational capacity, external relations of the organization (including cooperation with the government, business, media, communities and other public associations), the efficiency of accomplished work and programs stated in the mission of the organization. (original abstract)
- Bystrytsky, Y. (2007), Anticipation of civil society, Dzerkalo Tyzhnia (Mirror of the week), 11 - 18 November, № 42.
- Grass Roots - 2: public participation in policy-making. Part 1 (Ed.: G. Usatenko, O. Boron) (2004), Kyiv: Foundation "Europe XXI", p. 27.
- Jose Luis Gomez-Barroso, Claudio Feijoo (2010), Are Central and Eastern European Countries Managing to Develop the Information Society? Transformations in business and economics, Vol. 9, No 2 (20), pp. 18-42.
- In 2007 in Ukraine, three times fewer failures in the registration of political parties and NGOs (Press Service of the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine) //http://www.minjust.gov.ua/0/news/11489
- Law of Ukraine "On Association of Citizens" from 16.06.1992 (2003), № 2460-XII. // Journal of Verkhovna Rada, № 34, p. 504.
- Number of EDRPOU subjects by industry and organizational form of management as of 1 January 2008 // http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/
- Recommendations of the Committee of Ministers of the Council of Europe for states-members on the legal status of NGOs in Europe № CM / Rec (2007) 14 (Adopted by the Committee of Ministers on 10 October 2007 at the 1006 meeting of the Ministers' Deputies) //http://www.ucipr.kiev.ua/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=6032308
- State and dynamics of non-governmental organizations development in Ukraine 2002-2006: Report on a study (2006), Prepared by the Creative Center "Counterpart". L. Palyvoda, O. Kikot, Kyiv: Charity Foundation "Creative Centre "Counterpart", p. 4.
- The views and opinions of the population of Ukraine (poll) (2008), Kyiv, March, Press Release, pp. 4-6.
- Ukraine: assessment of sixteen years of independence (2008), The report, compiled for the partner Committee US-EU on Ukraine / Bugaysky Y., Payfer S., Smith K., Vollander S.; Foreword: Bzhezynskyy Z., Riue F. / Center for Strategic and International Studies, Washington: CSIS Press, p. 3.
- Yakymenko, Y. (2007), Non-government analytical centers in Ukraine: opportunities, challenges, prospects, Civil Society, № 2, p. 10.