Ethical Dilemmas - Family and Non-family Business Approach
The paper discusses the differences in ethical dilemma choices between family and non-family enterprises. The sample of 167 firms in Bielsko-Biała District was surveyed and there were 26 family firm with 41 business owners among them. Ethical dilemmas were considered in three areas, such as: employment relationships, business relationships and government-business relationships. Business owners were surveyed answering how strongly they agree or disagree with some approach to the solutions of particular problems in areas mentioned. (original abstract)
- Baumol W.J. (1990), Entrepreneurship: Productive, Unproductive and Destructive, "Journal of Political Economy", vol. 98, no.5, p. 893.
- Beaver G., Jennings P.L. (2005), Competitive Advantage and Entrepreneurial Power: the Dark Side of Entrepreneurship, "Journal of Small Business and Enterprise Development", vol. 12, no. 1.
- Bucar B., Glas M., Hisrich R.D. (2003), Ethics and entrepreneurs. An international comparative study, "Journal of Business Venturing", vol. 18.
- Fisher C., Lovell A. (2009), Business Ethics and Values: Individual, Corporate and International Perspectives, 3 ed., Prentice Hall, Harlow.
- Gallo M.A. (2004), The family business and its social responsibilities, "Family Business Review", 17.
- Kets de Vries M.F.R. (1985), The Dark Side of Entrepreneurship, "Harvard Business Review", vol. 63, no. 6.
- Lu T. (2010), A comparative study of business ethics and entrepreneurship in the UK and China, Nottingham Business School, Nottingham Trent University, A thesis submitted in partial fulfilment of the requirements of Nottingham Trent University for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy [online], http://irep.ntu.ac.uk/R/&func=dbin-jump-full&object__id=196814&local_base=GEN01, [access: 15 February 2014].
- Mandl I. (2008), Overview of Family Business Relevant Issues. Final Report, KMU FORSCHUNG AUSTRIA Austrian Institute for SME Research, [online], http://ec.europa.eu/enterprise/policies/sme/files/craft/family_business/doc/ familybusiness_study_en.pdf, [access: 15 February 2014].
- Oxford Dictionary, [online], http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/ ethics, [access:17 February 2014].
- Pwc Family Business Survey 2012/2013 (2013), Playing their hand. US family businesses make their bid for the future, [online] http://www.pwc.com/us/en/private-company-services/publications/assets/pwc-family-business-survey-us-report.pdf, [access: 15 February 2014].
- Uhlaner L.M., Van Goor-Balk H.J.M., Masurel E. (2004), Family business and corporate social responsibility in a sample of Dutch firms, "Journal of Small Business and Enterprise Development", 11(20).