Validating DART Model
The primary objective of the study was to quantitatively test the DART model, which despite being one of the most popular representations of co-creation concept was so far studied almost solely with qualitative methods. To this end, the researchers developed a multiple measurement scale and employed it in interviewing managers. The statistical evidence for adequacy of the model was obtained through CFA with AMOS software. The findings suggest that the DART model may not be an accurate representation of co-creation practices in companies. From the data analysis it was evident that the building blocks of DART had too much of conceptual overlap to be an effective framework for quantitative analysis. It was also implied that the phenomenon of co-creation is so rich and multifaceted that it may be more adequately captured by a measurement model where co-creation is conceived as a third-level factor with two layers of intermediate latent variables. (original abstract)
- Albinsson, P. A., Perera, B., Sautter, E. (2011), Assessing Value Co-creation: DART Scale Development and Validation, in: S. M. Noble and C. H. Noble (eds.), AMA Summer Educator's Conference Proceedings - Marketing 2011: Delivering Value in Turbulent Times, Vol. 22, pp. 458-459.
- Auh, S., Bell, S., McLeod, C., Shis, E. (2007), Co-production and customer loyalty in financial services, Journal of Retailing, 83 (3), pp. 359-370.
- Barney, J. B. (1991), Firm resources and sustained competitive advantage, Journal of Management, 17 (1), pp. 99-120.
- Bowen, N., Guo, S. (2012), Structural Equation Modeling: Pocket Guides to Social Research Methods, Oxford University Press, New York.
- Byrne, B. (2010), Structural Equation Modeling with AMOS: Basic Concepts, Applications and Programming, Second Edition, Routledge, New York.
- Churchill, G. A. (1979), A paradigm for developing better measures of marketing constructs, Journal of Marketing Research, Vol. XVI, February, pp. 64-73.
- Garson, D. (2012), Structural Equation Modeling: Statistical Association Publishing Blue Book Series, Statistical Association Publishing, Asheboro.
- Gebauer, H., Johnson, M., Enquist, B. (2010), Value co-creation as a determinant of success in public transport services: a study of the Swiss federal railway operator (SBB), Managing Service Quality, 20 (6), pp. 511-530.
- Grönroos, Ch. (2009), Marketing as promise management: regaining customer management for marketing, Journal of Business and Industrial Marketing, 24 (5/6), pp. 351-359.
- Hair, J. F., Blac, W, Babin, B., Anderson, R. (2009), Multivariate Data Analysis, 7th edition, Pearson Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River, New Jersey.
- Hoyle, R. H. (2011), Structural Equation Modeling: Concepts, Issues, and Applications, SAGE Publications, Thousand Oaks.
- Kline, R. B. (2011), Principles and Practice of Structural Equation Modeling, Third edition, The Guilford Press, New York.
- Mazurek, G. (2012), Znaczenie wirtualizacji marketingu w sieciowym kreowaniu wartości, Poltext, Warszawa.
- Mukhtar, M., Ismail, M. N., Yahya, Y. (2012), A hierarchical classification of co-creation models and techniques to aid in product or service design, Computers in Industry, 63 (4), pp. 289-297.
- Mulaik, S. (2009), Linear Causal Modeling with Structural Equations, Chapman & Hall, CRC Press Taylor and Francis Group, Boca Raton.
- Prahalad, C. K, Krishanan, M. S. (2008), The new age of innovation, Driving co-created value through global networks, Mc Graw Hill, New York.
- Prahalad, C. K., Hamel, G. (1990), The core competence of the corporation, Harvard Business Review, 68 (3), pp. 79-91.
- Prahalad, C. K., Ramaswamy, V. (2000), Co-opting Customer Competence, Harvard Business Review, 78 (1), pp. 79-87.
- Prahalad, C. K., Ramaswamy, V. (2004a), The Future of Competition: Co-creating Unique Value with Customers, Harvard Business School Press, Boston, MA.
- Prahalad, C. K., Ramaswamy, V. (2004b), Co-creating unique value with customers, Strategy and Leadership, 32 (3), pp. 4-9.
- Prahalad, C. K., Ramaswamy, V. (2004c), Co-creation experiences: The next practice in value creation, Journal of Interactive Marketing, 18, pp. 5-14.
- Ramaswamy, V. (2008), Co-creating value through customers' experiences: The Nike case, Strategy and Leadership, 36 (5), pp. 9-14.
- Reay, P., Seddighi, H. R. (2012), An empirical evaluation of management and operational capabilities for innovation via co-creation, European Journal of Innovation Management, 15 (2), pp. 259-275.
- Ruso Spena, T., Carida, A., Colurcio, M., Mella, M. (2012), Store experience and co-creation: the case of temporary shop, International Journal of Retail and Distribution Management, 40 (1), pp. 21-40.
- Vargo, S. L., Lusch, R. F. (2004), Evolving to a new dominant logic for marketing, Journal of Marketing, 68 (1), pp.1-17.
- Vargo, S. L., Lush, R. F. (2006), Service -Dominant Logic. What It Is, What It Is Not, What It Might Be, in R. F. Lush, S. L. Vargo (eds.) The Service Dominant Logic in Marketing. Dialog, Debate and Directions, Prentice-Hall of India, New Delhi, pp.43-56.
- von Hippel, E. (2005), Democratizing innovation, MIT Press,Cambridge, MA.
- Yi, Y., Gong, T. (2013), Customer value co-creation behavior: Scale development and validation, Journal of Business Research, 66, pp. 1279-1284.
- Zhang, X., Chen, R. (2008), Examining the mechanism of the value co-creation with customers, International Journal of Production Economics, 116, pp. 242-250.