Sustainable Policies for the Development of Beekeeping in Romania
The present research aims to achieve a retrospective analysis of sustainable policies for the development of beekeeping in Romania, an important sector that contributes to the development of rural areas. Romanian's objectives regarding the development of this sector are based on the adoption of a clear vision and on the support of state, materialised by the National Beekeeping Program. The assessment of the program implementation reveals the following aspect: in the analyzed period 2008-2010, an improvement of the access to funds can be observed, the level of absorption increasing from 16.8% in 2008 to 99.8% in 2010. The consequences following the funds accession are an increase of associative forms and a restoration of beekeeping exploitations. Nevertheless, there are still problems in the North East regions of the country, due to lack of information regarding the accession to funds. These problems could be solved by creating a platform that should constantly reunite beekeepers, researchers and specialists of the sector that share their experience and skills, establishing a dialogue between all the actors in the beekeeping chain. (original abstract)
- Anuarul Statistic al României. . National Institute of Statistics, 2011. Available at:] www.insse.ro. [Accessed July 2011].
- Council regulation (EC) No 1234/2007 of 22 October 2007 establishing a common organisation of agricultural markets and on specific provisions for certain agricultural products (Single CMO Regulation). . Official Journal of the European Union no. L 299 of 16 November 2007
- Kárpáti L., Csapó Z., Ványi Árváné G. : Current situation and development of the beekeeping sector in Hungary. [In:] Applied Studies in Agribusiness and Commerce - ABSTRACT, Agroinform Publishing House, Budapest, pp. 71-74.
- Kárpáti L., Csapó Z., Ványi Árváné G. : Innovation and rural development: the solution for the Hungarian beekeeping sector [In:] 113th EAAE Seminar ‚The role of knowledge, innovation and human capital in multifunctional agriculture and territorial rural development', Belgrade, Republic of Serbia, December 9-11, 2009.
- Merce E., Pocol C.B. : Economie rurală. Editura Academic Pres, Cluj Napoca, pp. 200-202.
- Pocol C.B., Mărghitaş L. Al. : Tendinţe naţionale şi internaţionale privind producţia şi consumul de miere. Editura Academic Pres, Cluj Napoca, pp. 12-13.
- Programul Naţional Apicol din România. . Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development. [Available at:] www.madr.ro. [Accessed July 2011]