Domestic Support for Ukrainian Agriculture under the Conditions of World Financial Crisis
In the last years Ukraine has allocated considerable, with respect to their load on the budget, financial resources for agricultural support. However the significant increases of budgetary support do not substantially influence the effectiveness indices nor agricultural yields. Such information testifies to an imperfect nature of the internal support mechanism of Ukrainian agriculture. As the result, the domestic support did not become an effective stimulus for a production quality increase nor for a rise in the stock breeding production. In 2008 Ukraine gathered the biggest grain harvest. Increased production did not improve the financial results of agriculture and did not produce a stable and dynamic branch development because of the negative influence of world finance crises. Unbalanced supply and demand for agricultural production, low buying ability of inhabitants, lack of branch effective mechanism of domestic support caused complications of price situation in the domestic food market. (original abstract)
- Dibrova A. D. : State Regulation of Agricultural Production: theory, methodology, practice. Kyiv, pp. 488.
- Josling T. E. : Agricultural Protection: Policy and International Trade. FAO, Rome, pp. .82.
- Tsakok I. : Agricultural Price Policy: A Practitioner's Guide to Partial-Equilibrium Analysis.
- Webb A. J., Lopes M., Penn R. : Estimates of Producer and Consumer Subsidy Equivalents. Government Intervention in Agriculture.
- Melyukhina O., Serova E. : Estimating the Level of State Support of the Agrarian Sector: Adaptability of Conventional Methods in the Transitional Economy. Вопросы экономики, no. pp. 102.
- Methodology for the measurement of support and use in policy evaluation. [Available at]: www.oecd.org/dataoecd/36/47/1937457.pdf. [Accessed May 2009].