Aproaches towards Cluster Analysis
The purpose of this study is to review cluster research and the methodology used to achieve the target. Specifically, this research explores the methods that are used in research papers aiming at cluster study. Bibliometrical analysis is used depending on an original database, created by the authors, selected after close review. 33 research papers were taken into consideration, published from 1999 to 2014 in international scientific journals. The findings indicate that case study is used in many articles refering to cluster research. Other methods, such as analysis, interview, survey, research, equation and others are used to support case study. By analyzing the specific methods used in cluster research it is aimed at giving clarity to further research on the concept of cluster. It is well known that rather few research papers were analysed from the methodological point of view. However, this research requires a further analysis with a wider scope of scientific literature and works related to clusters. (original abstract)
- Akoorie, M. E. M. (2011), A challenge to Marshallian orthodoxy on industrial clustering, Journal of Management History, 17 (4): 451-470.
- Bonetto, P., Hoffmann, B., Prause, G. (2014), Rise and fall of the Lyon silk cluster: a case study about entrepreneurial sustainability, Entrepreneurship and Sustainability Issues 2(1): 1-11. DOI: http:// dx.doi.org/10.9770/jesi.2014.2(1)
- Andersen, P., B0llingtoft, A. (2011), Cluster-based global firms' use of local capabilities, Management Research Review, 34 (10): 1087-1106.
- Colovic, A., Lamotte, O. (2014), The role of formal industry clusters in the internationalization of new ventures, European Business Review, 26 (5): 449-470.
- Connell, J., Kriz, A., Thorpe, M. (2014), Industry clusters: an antidote for knowledge sharing and collaborative innovation?, Journal of Knowledge Management, 18 (1): 137-151.
- Connell, J., Voola, R. (2013), Knowledge integration and competitiveness: a longitudinal study of an industry cluster, Journal of Knowledge Management, 17 (2): 208-225.
- Carrie, A. (1999), Integrated clusters-the future basis of competition, International Journal of Agile Management Systems, 1 (1): 45-50.
- Carpinetti, L. C. R., Galdamez, E. V. C., Gerolamo, M. C. (2008), A measurement system for managing performance of industrial clusters: A conceptual model and research cases, International Journal of Productivity and Performance Management, 57 (5): 405-419.
- Cuneo, A., Ferrari, M.L., Traverso, A., Massardo, A.F. (2014), Sustainable district development: a case of thermoeconomic optimization of an energy hub, Entrepreneurship and Sustainability Issues 2(2): 74-85. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.9770/jesi.2014.2.2(3)
- Caurkubule, Z., Rubanovskis, A. (2014), Sustainable entrepreneurship through motivation: case of Latvian companies, Entrepreneurship and Sustainability Issues 2(1):43-48 DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.9770/jesi.2.1(6)
- Danson, M. (2009), New regions and regionalisation through clusters: City-regions and new problems for the periphery, International Journal of Public Sector Management, 22 (3): 260-271.
- Dudzeviciuté, G. (2013), Lithuanian manufacturing trends in the context of developed and developing countries, Entrepreneurship and Sustainability Issues 1(1): 55-66http://dx.doi.org/10.9770/ jesi.2013.1.1(6)
- Felzensztein, C., Deans, K. R. (2013), Marketing practices in wine clusters: insights from Chile, Journal of Business & Industrial Marketing, 28 (4): 357-367.
- Felzensztein, C., Gimmon, E., Aqueveque, C. (2012), Clusters or un-clustered industries? Where inter-firm marketing cooperation matters, Journal of Business & Industrial Marketing, 27 (5): 392-402.
- Figurska, I. (2014), Sustainable entrepreneurship: localization, acquiring and use of knowledge sources in competitive organization, Entrepreneurship and Sustainability Issues 1(4): 210-222. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.9770/jesi.2014.1.4(3)
- Fiol, L. J. C., Tena, M. A. M., Garcia, J. S. (2011), Multidimensional perspective of perceived value in industrial clusters, Journal of Business & Industrial Marketing, 26 (2): 132-145.
- Florence, C., Karine, G., François, S. (2013), Open innovation processes within clusters-the role of tertius iugens, Management Decision, 51 (8): 1701-1715.
- Grimstad, S., Burgess, J. (2014), Environmental sustainability and competitive advantage in a wine tourism micro-cluster, Management Research Review, 37 (6): 553-573.
- Giuliani, E. (2013), Clusters, networks and firms' product success: an empirical study, Management Decision, 51 (6): 1135-1160.
- Hsu, M., Lai, Y., Lin, F. (2014), The impact of industrial clusters on human resource and firms performance, Journal of Modelling in Management, 9 (2): 141-159.
- Jaime, E.F., Jean-Louis, R. (2013), Cluster resources and competitive advantage: A typology of potentially strategic wine cluster resources, International Journal of Wine Business Research, 25 (4): 267-284.
- Jardon, C. M., Martos, M. S. (2012), Intellectual capital as competitive advantage in emerging clusters in Latin America, Journal of Intellectual Capital, 13 (4): 462-481.
- Jensen, S., Johannessen, J., Olsen, B. (2009), Aspects of a cluster research strategy: systemics applied to the study of clusters, Kybernetes, 38 (1/2): 201-216.
- Larreina, M., Aguado, R. (2008), Beyond the cluster: how wine drives regional economy to success: "Oenop-olis", the case of Rioja, International Journal of Wine Business Research, 20 (2):.153-170.
- Lauzikas, M., Mokseckiené. (2013), The role of creativity in sustainable business, Entrepreneurship and Sustainability Issues 1(1): 10-22. http://dx.doi.org/10.9770/jesi.2013.1(2)
- Lei, H., Huang, C. (2014), Geographic clustering, network relationships and competitive advantage: Two industrial clusters in Taiwan, Management Decision, 52 (5): 852-871.
- Lund-Thomsen, P., Pillay, R. G. (2012), CSR in industrial clusters: an overview of the literature, Corporate Governance: The international journal of business in society, 12 (4): 568-578.
- Niu, K. (2010), Organizational trust and knowledge obtaining in industrial clusters, Journal of Knowledge Management, 14 (1), 141-155.
- Patti, A. L. (2006), Economic clusters and the supply chain: a case study, Supply Chain Management: An International Journal, 11 (3): 266-270.
- Poyhonen, A., Smedlund, A. (2004), Assessing intellectual capital creation in regional clusters, Journal of Intellectual Capital, 5 (3): 351-365.
- Prause, G. (2014), Sustainable development of logistics clusters in Green transport corridors, Journal of Security and Sustainability Issues 4(1): 59-68. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.9770/jssi.2014.4.1(5)
- Raudeliuniené, J., Tvaronaviciené, M., Dzemyda, I., Sepehri, M. (2014), Sustainable entrepreneurship through energy stewardship: role of values and behavioral patterns, Entrepreneurship and Sustainability Issues 2(2): 107-117. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.9770/jesi.2014.2.2(6)
- Saka-Helmhout, A., Karabulut, E. (2006), Institutional barriers to entrepreneurship in clusters: Evidence from the Turkish textile sector, International Journal of Emerging Markets, 1 (2): 128-146.
- Scheel, C. (2002), Knowledge clusters of technological innovation systems, Journal of Knowledge Management, 6 (4): 356-367.
- Schiele, H. (2008), Location, location: the geography of industry clusters, Journal of Business Strategy, 29 (3): 29-36.
- Steenhuis, T. (1986), The Thornthwaite-Mather procedure as a simple engineering method to predict recharge, Journal of Hydrology 84 (3-4): 221-229.
- Tvaronaviciené, M., Simelyté, A., Lace, N. (2014), Sustainable development facets: e industrial sectors from inside, Journal of Security and Sustainability Issues 3(4): 37-44. DOI: http://dx.doi. org/10.9770/jssi.2014.3.4(4)
- Varga, S., Vujisic, D., Zdravkovic, M. (2013), State aid for innovation clusters in the Republic of Serbia, International Journal of Public Sector Management, 26 (2): 102-110.
- Wang, W., Huang, X., Xie, J. (2012), Study on optimizing resources configuration of value activity network of manufacturing clusters, Kybernetes, 41 (7/8): 953-962.
- Zamparini, A., Lurati, F. (2012), Communicated identities of regional cluster firms: Evidence from the Franciacorta wine cluster, Corporate Communications: An International Journal, 17 (4): 498-513.