HACCP-Based Food Defense Systems
The aim of this paper is to present and analyze systems for food defense, based on the assumptions of the HACCP system, and then to compare them to each other. In the first part HACCDP has been presented and it the second -TACCP system. During the comparative analysis the interest has been focused on factors such as: the body publishing the assumptions of the system, the character of the system, obligatory issues, the addressee of the system, the type of system, the object of interest, scope, structure of the system, the steps of implementation, food defense plan, relevant examples, a reference to the risk assessment matrix, and control areas. The similarities and differences between the systems were also highlighted. In conclusion, it was pointed out that the choice of the presented approaches depends, i.a. on the previous experience of the company, on its size and on the needs of customers. It was stated that the cooperation between the food companies is required in the area of knowledge exchange and comparison of the best practices for food defense. (original abstract)
- Emerging Risks Identification in Food and Feed for Human Health (2005), VWA - Food and Consumer Product Safety Authority, Directorate of Research and Risk Assessment, The Hague.
- FSIS Directive, 5420.1, Revision 7, 6/27/11, http://www.fsis.usda.gov/wps/wcm/connect/09d861e7-affa-476d-ae32-5dfde9e23523/5420.1.pdf?MOD=AJPERES, accessed 10.10.2014.
- Noteborn H.P.J.M., Ooms B.W. (ed.) (2005), Emerging Risks Identification in Food and Feed for Human Health, VWA - Food and Consumer Product Safety Authority, Directorate of Research and Risk Assessment, The Hague.
- Olson D. (2012), Agroterrorism Threats to America's Economy and Food Supply, "FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin" February.
- Short summary on food defense (2007), "IUFoST Scientific Information Bulletin" September, http://www.foodlawment.hu/downloads/iuf_ sib_food_defense.pdf, accessed 10.10.2014.
- Takhistov P., Bryant C. (2006), Protecting the Food Supply, "Food Technology" No. 60(7).
- USDA (2006), PBIS Profile Extension Instructions on Food Defense Plans for Meat and Poultry Establishments, Food Safety Inspection Service, 20 April 2006. www.fsis.usda.gov/OPPDE/rdad/FSISNotices/28-06.pdf, accessed 10.10.2014.
- WHO (2008), Terrorist Threats to Food: Guidance for Establishing and Strengthening Prevention and Response Systems. Food Safety Issues Series, Geneva.
- Wiśniewska M. (2008), HACCP to za mało, in: M. Wiśniewska, E. Malinowska (ed.), Jakość, bezpieczeństwo, ekologia w sektorze rolno-spożywczym. Kierunki rozwoju, FRUG, Sopot.
- Yoe Ch., Schwartz J.G. (2010), Incorporating Defense into HACCP, "Food Safety Magazine" August/September, http://www.foodsafetymagazi ne.com/magazine-archive1/augustseptember-2010/incorporating-de-fense-into-haccp, accessed 10.10.2014.