Computer Aided Assembly Sequence Generation
The purpose of the paper is to explore the problem of modeling technological assembly process, particularly generating assembly sequence for parts and machinery sets. A new computer program Msassembly is introduced. The program was invented by the authors on the basis of an algorithm for determining assembly sequence for parts and machinery sets. The algorithm is based on hypergraphs and directed graphs, as well as on assessment of transitions between assembly states. The principles of operation of Msassembly are presented on the example of modelling the assembly sequence of a ball joint. At the end of the paper, research findings are submitted. (original abstract)
- 1] Booker J.D., Swift K.G., Brown N.J., Designing for assembly quality: strategies, guidelines and techniques, Journal of Engineering design, 16, 3, 279295, June 2005.
-  Boothroyd G., Dewhurst P., Knight W., Product design for manufacture and assembly, CRC Press., Boca Raton, 2002.
-  Barnes C.J., Jared G.E.M., Swift K.G., Decision support for sequence generation in an assembly oriented design environment, Robotics and Computer- Integrated Manufacturing, 20, 289-300, 2004.
-  Whitney D.E., Mechanical Assemblies, Oxford University Press, New York, 2004.
-  Galantucci L., Percoco G., Spina R., Assembly and Disassembly Planning by using Fuzzy Logic & Genetic Algorithms, International Journal of Advanced Robotic Systems, 1, 2, 2004.
-  Suszyński M., Ciszak O., Żurek J., Modelling of the assembly structure with using directed graph and hy-pergrtaph and defining of tha assembly sequences, Archive Production Engineering and Automation (Archiwum Technologii Maszyn i Automatyzacji), 4, 28, 2008.
-  Suszyński M., Żurek J., Legutko S., Modelling of assembly sequences using hypergraph and directed graph, Technical Gazette, 21, 6, 111-120, 2014.
-  Suszyński M., Modelling of a,ssem,ebly sequence using directed graph and hypergraph, Dissertation, 2011.
-  Yin Z., Ding H., Li H., Xiong Y., A connector-based, hierarchical approach to assembly sequence planning for mechanical assemblies, Computer-Aided Design, 35, 1, 37-56, 2003