CSR as a Driver of Satisfaction and Loyalty in Commercial Banks in the Czech Republic
This paper is focused on Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and its effects on satisfaction and loyalty of bank customers and employees in the Czech Republic. The aim of this paper is to figure out whether CSR strategy of bank affects satisfaction and loyalty of bank customers and employees. The research was conducted using quantitative method of questionnaire survey and descriptive statistics was used to analyze data to support the research results. It was found out that 87 % of Czech bank customers are satisfied with their banks. The data analysis also indicated a positive relationship between customer satisfaction and customer loyalty. However, based on the results, customers' perception of CSR does not have significant effect on their satisfaction. (original abstract)
- Ahmed, S. U., Islam, M. Z., Hasan, I. 2012. CSR and Financial Performance Linkage-Evidence from the Banking Sector of Bangladesh. J. Org. Management, 1(1): 14-21.
- Belás, J., Gabčová, L. 2014. Reasons for satisfaction and dissatisfaction of bank customers. Study from Slovakia and the Czech republic. International Journal of Entrepreneurial Knowledge. Issue 1, Volume 2, pp. 4-13.
- Belás, J., Chochoľáková, A., Paulík, J. 2014. Social responsibility, ethics, satisfaction in the banking business. A case study from Slovak and Czech Republic. 1 Saarbrucken: Lap Publishing.
- Belás, J., Chochoľáková, A., Gabčová., L. (2015), Satisfaction and loyalty of banking customers: a gender approach, Economics and Sociology, Vol. 8, No 1, pp. 176-188. DOI: 10.14254/2071- 789X.2015/8-1/14
- Bena, I. 2010. Evaluating customer satisfaction in banking services. Management, 5.2: 143-150.
- Birindelli, G., et al. 2013. On the drivers of corporate social responsibility in banks: evidence from an ethical rating model. Journal of Management & Governance, 1-38.
- Chochoľáková, A., Gabčová, L., Belás, J., Sipko, J. (2015), Bank Customers' Satisfaction, Customers' Loyalty and Additional Purchases of Banking Products and Services. A Case Study from the Czech Republic, Economics and Sociology, Vol. 8, No 3, pp. 82-94. DOI: 10.14254/2071-789X.2015/8-3/6
- Dahlsrud, A. 2008. How corporate social responsibility is defined: an analysis of 37 definitions. Corporate social responsibility and environmental management, 15.1: 1-13.
- De Matos, A. C., Henrique, L. J., De Rosa, F. 2013. Customer reactions to service failure and recovery in the banking industry: the influence of switching costs. Journal of Services Marketing, 27.7: 526-538.
- Fassin, Y., Gosselin, D. 2011. The Collapse of a European Bank in the Financial Crisis: An Analysis from Stakeholder and Ethical Perspectives. Journal of Business Ethics. Springer. No. 102, pp. 169-191.
- Ghasemi, S., Nejati, M. 2013. Corporate Social Responsibility: Opportunities, Drivers and Bariers. International Journal of Entrepreneurial Knowledge. Issue 1, Volume 1, pp. 33-37.
- Gibbons, D. 2011. Held to account: a review of Corporate Social Responsibility in retail banking from the consumer perspective. London, Centre for Responsible Credit. http://www.responsiblecredit.org.uk/uimages/File/Held%20to%20Account%20fi nal%20February%202011.pdf
- Gounaris, S., Boukis, A. 2013. The role of employee job satisfaction in strengthening customer repurchase intentions. Journal of Services Marketing, 27.4: 322-333.
- Grigoroudis, E., Tsiridi, E., Zopoundis, C. 2013. Linking customer satisfaction, employee appraisal, and business performance: an evaluation methodology in the banking sector. Annals of Operations Research, 205.1: 5-27.
- Gupta, A., Dev, S. 2012. Client satisfaction in Indian banks: an empirical study. Management Research Review, 35.7: 617-636.
- Habibi, S. et al. 2013. Customer satisfaction and its impact on improvement of banking services. Interdisciplinary Journal of Contemporary Research in Business, 4.10: 998-1003.
- Hafeez, S., Muhammad, B. 2012. The Impact of Service Quality, Customer Satisfaction and Loyalty Programs on Customer's Loyalty: Evidence from Banking Sector of Pakistan. International Journal of Business and Social Science, 3.16: 200-209.
- Humphreys, M., Brown, A. D. 2008. An Analysis of Corporate Social Responsibility at Credit Line: A Narrative Approach. Journal of Business Ethics. Springer. No. 80, pp. 403-418.
- Chatterjee, CH., Lefcovitch, A. 2009. Corporate social responsibility and banks. Amicus Curiae, Issue 78. http://sasspace.sas.ac.uk/2304/1/ Amicus78_ChatterjeeLefcovitch.pdf
- Chih, H.L., Chih, H.H., Chen, T.Y. 2010. On the Determinants of Corporate Social Responsibility: International Evidence on the Financial Industry. Journal of Business Ethics. DOI 10.1007/s10551-009-0186-x.
- Khan, M. M., Fasih, M. 2014. Impact of Service Quality on Customer Satisfaction and Customer Loyalty: Evidence from Banking Sector. Pakistan Journal of Commerce and Social Sciences, 8.2: 331-354.
- Khartabiel, M. I., Saydam, S. 2014. Banks Employees Satisfaction as a Lead to Customers Satisfaction. International Journal of Business and Social Science. 5.9: 88-96.
- Kotler, P., Lee, N. 2008. Corporate social responsibility: Doing the most good for your company and your cause. John Wiley & Sons.
- Loureiro, S., Sardinha, I. M. D., Reijders, L. 2012. The effect of corporate social responsibility on consumer satisfaction and perceived value: the case of the automobile industry sector in Portugal. Journal of cleaner production, 37: 172-178.
- Mandhachitara, R., Poolthong, Y. 2011. A model of customer loyalty and corporate social responsibility. Journal of Services Marketing, 25.2: 122-133.
- MacDonald, L. M., Rundle-Thiele, S. 2008. Corporate social responsibility and bank customer satisfaction: a research agenda. International Journal of Bank Marketing, 26.3: 170-182.
- Meena, M. L., Dangayach, G. S. 2012. Analysis of Employee Satisfaction in Banking Sector. International Journal of Humanities and Applied Sciences (IJHAS) 1.2: 78-81
- Friedman, M. 1970. The social responsibility of business is to increase its profi ts. New York Times Magazine, 13: 32-33.
- Munari, L., Ielasi, F., Bajetta, L. 2013. Customer satisfaction management in Italian banks. Qualitative Research in Financial Markets, 5.2: 139-160.
- Muthukrishnan, B., Ramadevi, D., Kumar, D. S. 2014. Effectiveness of e-banking service quality towards customer satisfaction. International Journal of Logistics & Supply Chain Management Perspectives, 2.4: 492-495.
- Nemec, J. 2012. Chamtivost zatím nezná meze. Ekonom, Praha, Economia a.s., LVI(12).
- San-Jose, L., Retolaza, J. L., Gutierrez-Goiria, J. 2011. Are Ethical Banks Different? A comparative analysis using Radical Affi nity Index. Journal of Business Ethics, 11(100), pp. 151-173.
- Sigurthorsson, D. 2012. The Icelandic Banking Crisis: A Reason to Rethink CSR? Journal of Business Ethics. www.springer/DOI 10.1007/s10551-012-1207-8
- Soana, M. G. 2011. The relationship between corporate social performance and corporate financial performance in the banking sector. Journal of Business Ethics, 104.1: 133-148.
- Scholtens, B. 2009. CSR in the International Banking Industry. Journal of Business Ethics, 86: 159-175.
- Tea, G., Paulišič M. & Krstinič-Nižič, M. 2011. Bank Commitment to Ethics. Information Management and Business Review, 3(5), pp. 250-250.
- Terpstra, M., Verbeeten, F. H. M. 2014. Customer satisfaction: Cost driver or value driver? Empirical evidence from the financial services industry.European Management Journal, 32.3: 499-508.
- Watkins, J., P. 2011. Banking Ethics and the Goldman Rule. Journal of Economic Issues, XLV (2). http://dx.doi.org/10.2753/JEI0021-3624450213
- Wruuck, P. 2013. Pricing in retail banking. Scope for boosting customer satisfaction & profitability. Deutsche Bank Research. 1-20.
- Wu, M. W., Shen, CH. H. 2013. Corporate social responsibility in the banking industry: Motives and financial performance. Journal of Banking & Finance, 37: 3529-3547.
- Yeung, S. 2011. The role of banks in corporate social responsibility. Journal of Applied Economics and Business Research, 1.2: 103-115.