Introduction : the Seductive Power of Mancur Olson
This special volume of Decisions honoring the 50th anniversary of the publication of "The Logic" includes two kinds of articles. The first part comprises informal memories of Mancur by his students, teachers and friends. The second part includes articles on collective action. The contributions come from American, Polish, South Korean, Turkish and Ukrainian authors. (fragment of text)
- Dougherty, Keith L. (2006). Collective Action Under the Articles of Confederation. Cambridge, M.A.: Cambridge University Press.
- Heckelman, Jac C. and Dennis Coates. (2003). Collective Choice: Essays in Honor of Mancur Olson. Springer.
- McGuire, Martin and Mancur Olson, Jr. (1996). The Economics of Autocracy and Majority Rule:
- The Invisible Hand and the Use of Force. Journal of Economic Literature, March, 72-96.
- Olson, Mancur Jr. (1963). The Economics of Wartime Shortage. Duke University Press.
- Olson, Mancur Jr. (1965). The Logic of Collective Action: Public Goods and the Theory of Groups. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press.
- Olson, Mancur, Jr. (1982). The Rise and Decline of Nations: Economic Growth, Stagflation, and Social Rigidities. New Haven: Yale University Press. An Economic Theory of Alliances
- Olson, Mancur Jr. and Richard Zeckhauser. (1966). An economic theory of alliances. The Review of Economics and Statistics, Vol. 48, No. 3 (August), 266-279
- Schelling, Thomas C. (1973). Hockey Helmets, Concealed Weapons, and Daylight Saving: A Study of Binary Choices with Externalities. Journal of Conflict Resolution, Vol.17, No. 3 (September), 381-428.
- Uhlaner, Carole J. (1989). "Relational goods" and participation: Incorporating sociability into a theory of rational action. Public Choice, September, Vol. 62, No. 3, 253-285.