The United States at a Crossroads
Stany Zjednoczone na rozdrożu
Analiza współczesnego kryzysu ekonomicznego w kontekście szeroko pojętej wojny kultur. Autorzy ukazują, w jaki sposób procesy ekonomiczne są zależne od głębokich zjawisk kulturowych.(abstrakt oryginalny)
- T. Mann, N. Ornstein, It's even worse than it looks: How the American Constitutional System Collided With the New Politics of Extremism, New York 2012.
- J. Rubin, Senate Democrats Won't Pass a Budget, "The Washington Post", February 5, 2012, www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/post/senate-democrats-wont-pass-a-budget/2012/02/03/gIQAbLwfpQ_blog.html.
- Ch. Karpowitz, J. Quin Monson, K. D. Patterson, J. C. Pope, Tea Time in America? The Impact of the Tea Party Movement on the 2010 Midterm Elections, "PS: Political Science & Politics" 2011, Vol. 44, No. 2, pp. 303-309.
- D. von Drehle, Why the Tea Party Movement Matters, "Time Magazine", February 18, 2010, www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1966475,00.html.
- D. A. Blackmon, J. Levitz, A. Berzon, L. Etter, Birth of a Movement: Tea Party Arose from Conservatives Steeped in Crisis, "The Wall Street Journal", October 28, 2010, www.online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304173704575578332725182228.html.
- Contract from America, www.contractfromamerica.org.
- The Unstoppable Truck: How Scott Brown Swept up the Bay State and Stymied Health Reform in Washington, DC, "The Economist", January 21, 2010, www.economist.com/node/15330692.
- G. Langer, Exit Polls: Economy, Voter Anger Drive Republican Victory, ABC News, November 2, 2010, www.abcnews.go.com/Politics/vote-2010-elections-results-midterm-exit-pollanalysis/story?id=12003775&page=1.
- P. Wallsten, D. Yadron, Tea-Party Movement Gathers Strength, "The Wall Street Journal", September 29, 2010, www.online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703882404575520252928390046.html.
- C. Dodge, L. Lerner, Democrats Face Biggest House Midterm Defeat Years, Bloomberg, November, 2, 2010, www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-11-02/republicans-approach-biggest-housemidterm-win-in-seven-decades.html.
- K. Rowland, Obama Concedes 'Shellacking:' Blames Process, not His Policies, for Democrats'Setback, "The Washington Times", November 3, 2010, www.washingtontimes.com/news/2010/nov/3/obama-concedes-shellacking.
- G. Langer, Tea Party Movement Looks Stalled; Half Like It Less as They Hear More, ABC News, Apr 15, 2012, www.abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/04/tea-party-movement-looksstalled-half-like-it-less-as-they-hear-more.
- The Tea Party: Another Moderate Shown the Door, "The Economist", May 9, 2012, www.economist.com/blogs/democracyinamerica/2012/05/tea-party.
- R. W. Stevenson, THE CAUCUS; Political Memo: For Tea Party, Priority Is an Enduring Future, Not Just a Candidacy, "The New York Times", March 10, 2012, www.query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9B04EEDF1138F933A25750C0A9649D8B63&ref=teapartymovement&pagewanted=1.
- Supreme Court of the United States, Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission, 130 S. Ct. 876 (2010), www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/09pdf/08-205.pdf.
- A. Liptak, Supreme Court Gets a Rare Rebuke, in Front of a Nation, "The New York Times", January 28, 2010, www.nytimes.com/2010/01/29/us/politics/29scotus.html?_r=1.
- R. Dworkin, The Decision That Threatens Democracy, "The New York Review of Books", May 13, 2010, www.nybooks.com/articles/archives/2010/may/13/decision-threatens-democracy.
- Ch. Palmeri, B. Jinks, Adelson's $10 Million PAC Bet Gives Gingrich Boost for Southern Primaries, Bloomberg, January 25, 2012, www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-01-25/adelson-s-million-pac-bet-gives-gingrich-boost-for-southern-primaries.html.
- K. Tumulty, Newt Gingrich Wins South Carolina Primary, "The Washington Post", January 21, 2012, www.washingtonpost.com/politics/newt-gingrich-wins-south-carolina-primary/2012/01/21/gIQAKTxBHQ_story.html.
- N. Confessore, E. Lipton, A Big Check, and Gingrich Gets a Big Lift, "New York Times", January9, 2012, www.nytimes.com/2012/01/10/us/politics/sheldon-adelson-a-billionaire-gives-gingricha-big-lift.html?pagewanted=all.
- J. Levitt, Confronting the Impact of Citizens United, "Yale Law and Policy Review" 2010, Vol. 20, No. 1, p. 217.
- R. Epstein, Citizens United v. FEC: The Constitutional Right that Big Corporations Should Have but Do Not Want, "Harvard Journal of Law and Public Policy" 2011, Vol. 34, No. 2, p. 654.
- J. Jahart, K. Evans, Trapped in the Middle, The Incomes of Most Americans Have Stalled: Tackling Voter Angst in Pennsylvania, "The Wall Street Journal", April 19, 2008.
- Ch. Stone, H. Shaw, D. Trisi, A. Sherman, A Guide to Statistics on Historical Trends in Income Inequality, "Center on Budget and Policy Priorities", March 5, 2012, www.cbpp.org/cms/index.cfm?fa=view&id=3629.
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development, OECD. Stat Extracts, www.stats.oecd.org/index.aspx.
- Game on: The Campaign Looks Likely to Sharpen America's Divisions, "The Economist", April 14, 2012, p. 15.
- G. L. Dodaro, Fiscal Year 2010 US Government Financial Statements, Federal Government Continues to Face Financial Management and Long-Term Fiscal Challenges, United States Government Accountability Office, Testimony before the Subcommittee on Government Organization, Efficiency and Financial Management, Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, House of Representatives, March 9, 2011, www.gao.gov/assets/130/125667.pdf.
- The National Commission on Fiscal Responsibility and Reform, The Moment of Truth: Report of the National Commission on Fiscal Responsibility and Reform, Washington 2010;
- P. Domenici, A. Rivlin, Restoring America's Future: Reviving the Economy, Cutting Spending and Debt, and Creating a Simple, Pro-growth Tax System, Washington 2010.
- T. L. Friedman, Go Big, Mr. Obama, "New York Times", November 22, 2011, www.nytimes.com/2011/11/23/opinion/friedman-go-big-mr-obama.html.
- The Republicans: A Dangerous Game, "The Economist", November 5, 2011, pp. 31-32.
- J. Rogin, Hagel: Reagan Wouldn't Identify with Today's GOP, "Foreign Policy Magazine", May 11, 2012, www.thecable.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2012/05/11/hagel_reagan_wouldn_t_identify_with_today_s_gop.
- usgovernmentspending.com, FY12 Federal Budget Spending Estimates for Fiscal Years 2011-2016, compiled by Ch. Chantrill, www.usgovernmentspending.com/federal_budget_detail_fy12bs1nonen_1li1n_30.
- L. J. Bilmes, J. E. Stiglitz, The Three Trillion Dollar War: The True Cost of the Iraq Conflict, New York 2008.
- M. H. Moffett, A. I. Stonehill, D. K. Eiteman, Fundamental of Multinational Finance, Boston 2012, pp. 399-401.
- M. A. Sullivan, Testimony before the Committee on Ways and Means, US House of Representatives, January 20, 2011, p. 3, www.waysandmeans.house.gov/UploadedFiles/sullivan_written_testimony_WM_Jan_20.pdf.
- W. E. Buffett, Stop Coddling the Super-rich, "The New York Times", August 14, 2011, www.nytimes.com/2011/08/15/opinion/stop-coddling-the-super-rich.html.
- The High Price of Tax Breaks: Not so Easy, "The Economist", April 28, 2012, p. 32.
- CBS News, 60 Minutes: The Pledge: Grover Norquist's Hold on the GOP, www.cbsnews.com/8301-18560_162-57327816/the-pledge-grover-norquists-hold-on-the-gop.
- R. Rubin, Summers Says US Tax Overhaul Should Raise More Money, Bloomberg, May 3, 2012, www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-05-03/rubin-says-tax-overhaul-presents-difficultsubstance-politics.html.
- B. R. Bartlett, The Benefit and the Burden: Tax Reform - Why We Need It and What It Will Take, New York 2012.
- J. Detrixhe, US Loses AAA Credit Rating as S&P Slams Debt, Politics, Bloomberg, August 6, 2011, www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-08-06/u-s-credit-rating-cut-by-s-p-for-first-time-ondeficit-reduction-accord.html.
- Congressional Budget Office, CBO Analysis of August 1 Budget Control Act: Letter to the Honorable John Boehner and the Honorable Harry Reid, August 1, 2011, www.cbo.gov/sites/default/files/cbofiles/ftpdocs/123xx/doc12357/budgetcontrolactaug1.pdf.
- M. Spetalnick, P. Zengerle, Obama Announces Tax Deal with Republicans (Update 5), Reuters, December 6, 2010, www.reuters.com/article/2010/12/07/usa-taxes-obama-idUSN0621134720101207.
- OECD, United States - Economic Forecast Summary, May 2012, www.oecd.org/document/48/0,3746,en_2649_37443_45268528_1_1_1_37443,00.html.
- L. Ball, D. Leigh, P. Loungani, Painful Medicine, "Finance and Development", September 2011, www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/fandd/2011/09/pdf/ball.pdf.
- A. S. Blinder, M. Zandi, How the Great Recession Was Brought to an End, www.economy.com/mark-zandi/documents/End-of-Great-Recession.pdf.
- Congressional Budget Office, Estimated Impact of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act on Employment and Economic Output from October 2011 Through December 2011, February 2012, www.cbo.gov/sites/default/files/cbofiles/attachments/02-22-ARRA.pdf.
- The United States Department of Treasury, The Financial Crisis.
- R. W. Fogel, Capitalism and Democracy in 2040: Forecasts and Speculations, "NBER Working Paper 13184", National Bureau of Economic Research, Cambridge MA 2007.
- Economics Focus: How to Get a Date, "The Economist", December 31, 2011, p. 61.