The Impact of Knowledge Management Practices on Supply Chain Quality Management and Competitive Advantages
Achieving competitive advantage enables an organization to create a defensible position against its competitors. It also allows organizations to differentiate themselves from competitors. This study aims to investigate impact of knowledge management practices on supply chain quality management and competitive advantage in Alyaf Company, Iran. This research is functional in purpose and data gathering and data analysis is descriptive-correlation. The statistical population is consists of 25 company executives and experts in the supply chain of Alyaf Company; opinions of 68 of its members were used as a selective sample identified by simple random sampling method. Primary data was collected through questionnaire and structural equation modeling was used to assess relationships between variables. The results of structural equation modeling show a positive and significant causal relationship between knowledge management practices and supply chain quality management. Direct relationship between knowledge management and competitive advantage was not confirmed but the relationship between these two variables was confirmed indirectly. (original abstract)
-  Zack M.H., The strategic advantage of knowledge and learning, International Journal of Learning and Intellectual Capital, 2, 1, 1-20, 2005.
-  Moshabaki A., Rabieh M., Organizational forgetting (strategic): panacea of competitiveness in the organization, Faslnameye modarese olome ensani, 2008.
-  Maleki M., Cruz-Machado V., An empirical review on supply chain integration, Management and Production Engineering Review, 4, 1, 85-96, 2013.
-  Li Suhong, Ragu-Nathanb Bhanu, Ragu-Nathanb T.S., Subba Rao S., The impact of supply chain management practices on competitive advantage and organizational performance, Omega, 32, 2, 107-124, 2006.
-  Maleki M., Cruz-Machado V., Supply chain performance monitoring using bayesian network, Interna-^tional Journal of Business Performance and Supply Chain Modelling, 5 (2), 177- 197, 2013.
-  Davenport T.H., Prusak L., Working Knowledge: How Organizations Manage What the Know, Boston, Massachusetts, Harvard Business School Press, 1998.
-  Weber B., Weber C., Corporate venture capital as a means of radical innovation: relational fit, social capital, and knowledge transfer, Journal of Engineering & Technology Management, 24, 1/2, 11-35, 2007.
-  Nonaka I., von Krogh G., Voelpel S., Organizational Knowledge Creation Theory: Evolutionary paths and future advances, Organization Studies, 27, 8, 1179-1208, 2006.
-  Amini A., The impact of social capital on knowledge management cycle, Tehran: Tehran University, Faculty of Management, 2007.
-  Fish L.A., Supply chain management - pathways for research and practice, Edited by Dilek Onkal and Emel Aktas, InTech, chapter 3, Supply Chain Quality Management, ISBN 978-953-307-294-4, 2011.
-  Stiller S., Falk B., Philipsen R., Brauner P., Schmitt R., Ziefle M., A game-based approach to understand human factors in supply chains and quality management, Procedia of 2nd International Conference on Ramp-Up Management 20, 67-73, 2014.
-  Brauner P., Runge S., Groten M., Schuh G., Ziefle M., Human factors in supply chain management -decision m,a,ki,n,g in complex logistic scenarios, in Proceedings of the 15th HCI International 2013, Part III, LNCS 8018, 2013. 423-432, 2013.
-  Monczka R.M., Handfield R.B., Giunipero L.C., Patterson J.L., Purchasing and Supply Chain Management, Fourth Edition, South-Western Cengage Learning, Mason, OH, 2009.
-  Murphy W.H., Bull's-eye, Quality Progress, 43 (6), 22-29, 2010.
-  Lee K., Wei C., Lee H., Reducing exposed copper on annual rings in a PCB factory through implementation of a Six Sigma project, Total Quality Management & Business Excellence, 20 (8), 863-876, 2009.
-  Maleki M., Shevtshenko E., Cruz-Machado V., Development of Supply Chain Integration model through application of Analytic Network Process and Bayesian Network, International Journal of Integrated Supply Management, 8 (1/2/3), 67-89, 2013.
-  Foster S.T. Jr., Ogden J., On differences in how operations and supply chain managers approach quality management, International Journal of Production Research, 46 (24), 6945-6961, 2008.
-  Flynn B.B., Flynn E.J., Synergies between supply chain management and quality management: emerging implications, International Journal of Production Research, 43 (16), 3421-3436, 2005.
-  Shin H., Collier D.A., Wilson D.D., Supply management orientation and supplier/buyer performance, Journal of Operations Management, 18, 317-333, 2002.
-  Robinson C.J., Malhotra M.K., Defining the concept of supply chain quality management and its relevance to academic and industrial practice, International Journal of Production Economics, 96, 315-37, 2005.
-  Lee Y.C., Lee S.K., Capabilities, processes, and performance of knowledge management: a structural approach, Human Factors and Ergonomics in Manufacturing, 17 (1), 21-41, 2007.
-  Kuei C.H., Madu C.N., Lin C., Implementing supply chain quality management, Total Quality Management, 19 (11), 1127-1141, 2008.
-  Safari H., Mohebimanesh O., A conceptual model of supply chain quality management and evaluation of the situation in Iran khodro, Tehran: Tehran University, Faculty of Management, 2011.
-  Patil S.K., Kant R., A hybrid approach based on fuzzy DEMATEL and FMCDM to predict success of knowledge management adoption in supply chain, Applied Soft Computing, 18, 126-135, 2014.
-  Safari H., Cruz-Machado V., Zadeh Sarraf A., Maleki M., Multidimensional personnel selection through^combination of TOPSIS and Hungary assignment algorithm, Management and Production Engineering Review, 5, 1, 42-50, 2014.
-  Collins J.D., Worthington W.J., Reyes P.M., Romero M., Knowledge management, supply chain technologies, and firm performance, Management Research Review, 33 (10), 947-960, 2010.
-  Durst S., Runar Edvardsson I., Knowledge management in SMEs: a literature review, Journal of Knowledge Management, 16 (6), 879-903, 2012.
-  Andreeva T., Kianto A., Does knowledge management really matter? Linking knowledge management practices, competitiveness and economic performance, Journal of Knowledge Management, 16 (4), 617-636, 2012.
-  Wu C., Knowledge creation in a supply chain, Supply Chain Management: An International Journal, 13 (3), 241-250, 2008.
-  Newman A., Knowledge management. American Society for Training and Development, ASTD, New York, 1999.
-  Kaynak H., Hartley H.J.L., A replication and extension of quality management into the supply chain, Journal of Operations Management, 26 (4), 468-89, 2008.
-  Azar A., Momeni M., Statistics and Its Application in Management, Tehran: Sazmane motalee va tad-vine kotobe olome ensani daneshgahha, 2012.