Production Logistics Simulation Supported by Process Description Languages
The process description languages are used in the business may be useful in the optimization of logistics processes too. The process description languages would be the obvious solution for process control, to handle the main sources of faults and to give a correct list of what to do during the logistics process. Related to this, firstly, the paper presents the main features of the frequent process description languages. The following section describes the currently most used process modelling languages, in the areas of production and construction logistics. In addition, the paper gives some examples of logistics simulation, as another very important field of logistics system modelling. The main edification of the paper, the logistics simulation supported by process description languages. The paper gives a comparison of a Petri net formal representation and a Simul8 model, through a construction logistics model, as the major contribution of the research. (original abstract)
-  Dawis E.P., Architecture of an SS7 protocol stack on a broadband switch platform using dualistic petri nets, Communications, Computers and signal Processing, PACRIM 2001, IEEE Pacific Rim Conference, 1, 323-326, 2001, DOI: 10.1109/PACRIM.2001.953588.
-  Kalinowski K., Grabowik C., Paprocka I., Kempa W.M., The model of discrete production scheduling system in UML notation-classes diagrams, Advanced Materials Research, 837, 416-421, 2014, DOI: 10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMR.837.416.
-  Schonherr O., Moss J.H., Rehm M., Rose O., A free simulator for modelling production systems with SysML, Simulation Conference (WSC), Proceedings of the 2012 Winter, pp. 1-12, 2012, DOI: 10.1109/WSC.2012.6465090.
-  Chai S.F., Luo S.J., Bai L.N., Chai G.W., Virtual Production Line Design Based on the IDEF0 Method, Applied Mechanics and Materials, 274, 3336, 2013,DOI: 10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMM.274.33.
-  Khabbazi M.R., Hasan M.K., Sulaiman R., Sha-pi'i A., Taei-Zadeh A., Business Process Modelling in Production Logistics: Complementary Use of BPMN and UML, Middle-East Journal of Scientific Research, 15, 4, 516-529, 2013,DOI: 10.5829/idosi.mejsr.2013.15.4.2280.
-  Zor S., Leymann F., Schumm D., A proposal of BPMN extensions for the manufacturing domain, Proceedings of 44th CIRP international conference on manufacturing systems, 2011.
-  Shi Z., Zeng X., Huang S., Li H., Hu B., Lei X., Wang Y., Transformation between BPMN and BPEL based on graph grammar, Computing, Communication and Networking Technologies (ICCC-NT), International Conference, pp. 1-6, 2014, DOI: 10.1109/ICCCNT.2014.6963105.
-  Mazanek S., Hanus M., Constructing a bidirectional transformation between BPMN and BPEL with a functional logic programming language, Journal of Visual Languages & Computing, 22, 1, 66-89, 2011, DOI: 10.1016/j.jvlc.2010.11.005.
-  Zhong W.Z., Fu X. Q., Wang Y.P., Petri Net Modelling: Container Terminal Production Operation Processing System Analysis, Applied Mechanics and Materials, 409, 1320-1324, 2013, DOI: 10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMM.409-410.1320.
-  Qian Z., Sun H., A Simulation Study on Production Logistics Balance Based on Petri Net+ Flexsim, International Conference on Education Technology and Information System (ICETIS 2013).
-  Rezgui Y., Hopfe C.J., Vorakulpipat C., Generations of knowledge management in the architecture, engineering and construction industry: An evolutionary perspective, Advanced Engineering Informatics, 24, 2, 219-228, 2010, DOI: 0.1016/j.aei.2009.12.001.
-  Cempela W.A., Mikulika J., Intelligent building reengineering: adjusting life and work environment to occupant's optimal routine processes, Intelligent Buildings International, 5, 1, 51-64, 2013, DOI: 10.1080/17508975.2012.760440.
-  Bjork B.C., Samuelson O., Adoption processes for EDM, EDI and BIM technologies in the construction industry, Journal of Civil Engineering and Management, 19, 1, 172-187, 2013, DOI: 10.3846/13923730.2013.801888.
-  Tserng H.P., Yin S.Y.L., Lee M.H., The use of knowledge map model in construction industry, Journal of Civil Engineering and Management, 16, 3, 332-344, 2010, DOI: 10.3846/jcem.2010.38.
-  Yang J.B., Kao C.K., Critical path effect based delay analysis method for construction projects, International Journal of Project Management, 30, 3, 385397, 2012, DOI: 10.1016/j.ijproman.2011.06.003.
-  Cheng C.P., Law K.H., Bjornsson H., Jones A., Sri-ram R.D., Modelling and monitoring of construction supply chains, Advanced Engineering Informatics, 24, 435-455, 2010, DOI: 10.1016/j.aei.2010.06.009.
-  Cheng F.F., Wang Y.W., Ling X.Z., Bai Y., A Petri net simulation model for virtual construction of earthmoving operations, Automation in Construction, 20, 2, 181-188, 2011,DOI: 10.1016/j.autcon.2010.09.015.
-  Antuela A., Tako, Stewart R., The application of discrete event simulation and system dynamics in the logistics and supply chain context, Decision Support Systems, 52, 802-815, 2012.
-  Shah N., Process industry supply chains: advances and challenges, Computers and Chemical Engineering, 29, 1225-1235, 2005.
-  Löfstrand M., Kyösti P., Reed S., Backe B., Evaluating availability of functional products through sim ulation, Simulation Modelling Practice and Theory, 47, 196-209, 2014.
-  Gola A., Świć A., Design of storage subsystem of flexible manufacturing system using the computer simulation method, Actual Problems of Economics, 142, 4, 312-318, 2013.
-  Osak-Sidoruk M., Gola A., Świć A., A method for modelling the flow of objects to be machined in FMS using Enterprise Dynamics, Applied Computer Science, 10, 3, 46-56, 2014.
-  Kłos S., Trebuna P., Using computer simulation method to improve throughput of productions systems by buffers and workers allocation, Management and Production Engineering Review, 6, 4, 60-69, 2015, DOI: 10.1515/mper-2015-0037.
-  Rostkowska M., Simulation of production lines in the education of engineers: how to choose the right software, Management and Production Engineering Review, 5, 4, 53-65, 2014,DOI: 10.2478/mper-2014-0036.