Manufacturing Engineering Education in India
Evolution of manufacturing technology has been a definitive indicator of human society's development. From the wheels that started the spree to the world of machines that have revolutionized the manufacturing processes, manufacturing tools have been indicative of eras of development. In this paper, we have focused on the branch of engineering that deals with manufacturing - specifically its structure in India. In this study we investigate some premier government institutes with respect to Manufacturing Engineering Education. We have also included the technical education model at different education level. (original abstract)
-  Ghosh Amitabha, Asok Kumar Mallik, Manufacturing science, Ellis Horwood, 1986.
-  Rajput R.K., A textbook of manufacturing technology: Manufacturing processes, Firewall Media, 2007.
-  Rodriguez C.A., de Ciurana J., Elias A., Industry and university cooperation to enhance manufacturing education, Journal of Manufacturing Systems, 24.3, 277-287, 2005.
-  Rolstadas A., Moseng B., Global education in manufacturing - GEM, CIRP International Manufacturing Education Conference CIMEC. 2002.
-  Sajal K. Palit, The Development of Engineering and Technical Education in India, Global Journal of Engineering Education, 2, 3, 317-326, 1998.
-  Khare Sushant, Shubham Chowdhry, Shrish Bajpai, Control engineering education in India, Power, Control and Embedded Systems (ICPCES), 2014 International Conference on. IEEE, 2014.
-  Khare S., Bajpai S., Bharati P.K., Production Engineering Education in India, Management and Production Engineering Review 6, 1, 21-25, 2015.
-  Department of Manufacturing Engineering, National Institute of Technology Jamshedpur, http: //www.nitjsr.ac.in/departments/prod/index.php, accessed on September 06, 2015.
-  Krishnan Mangala Sunder, NPTEL: A programme for free online and open engineering and science education, Technology for Education, 2009, T4E'09, International Workshop on. IEEE, 2009.
-  Vishwakarma, Mohan Lal, Shyam Lal Maurya, Vi-jay Parashar, Shodhaganga-national reservoir of indian electronic theses & dissertation, 2013.
-  Achuthan K. et al., The VALUE@ Amrita Virtual Labs Project: Using web technology to provide virtual laboratory access to students, Global Humanitarian Technology Conference (GHTC), 2011 IEEE, IEEE, 2011.
-  Jha Srirang, Make in India: The Road Ahead, Available at SSRN 2633195, 2015.
-  Quacquarelli Symonds, www.qs.com.
-  Terkowsky C. et al., Developing Tele- Operated Laboratories for Manufacturing Engineering Education, Platform for E-Learning and Telemetric Experimentation (PeTEX) International Journal of Online Engineering (iJOE), 6, 60-70, 2010.
-  Swearengen J.C. et al., Globalization and the undergraduate manufacturing engineering curriculum, Journal of Engineering Education, 91, 2, 255-261, 2002.
-  Bajpai S., Khare S., Mechatronics Engineering Education in India, Comparative Professional Pedagogy, 5, 4, 73-79, 2015.