Education and its Role in Building Students Attitude Towards Project Management
There is a common consensus in literature that entrepreneurship is a key-driver for higher competitiveness of all economies, independently of their current stage of development. Similarly, the discussion led by researchers leaves no doubts that modern society cannot be built without proper level of entrepreneurship with project management activities being one of its key-drivers. This paper looks at the problem of education and its role in building entrepreneurial attitudes of young people, measured by their project activities. In this paper a pilot survey, with the usage of a questionnaire, with students of 3 different faculties at one of Polish universities, has been carried out.(original abstract)
- Brancu L., Munteanu V., Gligor D. (2012), Study on student's motivations for entrepreneurship in Romania, "Procedia - Social and Behavioural Sciences", no 62.
- European Commission (2013), Entrepreneurship education- key to sustainable economic upsaving, "Enterprise & Industry Magazine", May.
- European Union (2012), Innovation Union Scoreboard 2011.
- European Union (2013), Innovation Union Scoreboard 2012.
- Ghasemi F., Rastegar A., Jahromi R., Marvdashti R. (2011), The relationship between creativity and achievement motivation with high school students' entrepreneurship, "Procedia - Social and Behavioural Sciences", no 30.
- Ireland R., Hitt M., Sirmon D. (2003), A model of strategic entrepreneurship: The construct and its dimensions, "Journal of Management", no 29.
- Kerzner H. (2004), Advanced Project Management- Best practices for planning and implementation, John Wiley and Sons, Hoboken.
- Minniti, M. (2008), Recent developments in the economics of entrepreneurship, "Journal of Business Venturing", no 23.
- Webb J., Ketchen D. Jr., Ireland D. (2010), Strategic entrepreneurship with family-controlled firms: Opportunities and challenges, "Journal of Family Business Strategy", no 1.
- Von Graevenitz G., Harhoff D., Weber R. (2010), The effects of entrepreneurship education, "Journal of Economic Behaviour and Organization", no 76.
- Zhang Z., Zyphur M., Naraynan J., Arvey R., Chaturvedi S., Avolio B., Lichtenstein P., Larsson G. (2009), The genetic basis of entrepreneurship: Effects of gender and personality, "Organizational Behaviour and Human Decisions Processes", no 110.