Integration of Domain Ontologies in the Repository of Website Evaluation Methods
Many methods can be used for the evaluation of website quality. While they can be used for different purposes and require different assessment approaches it is not easy to select proper method adequate to the needs. Presented research is focused on building a repository of knowledge about the methods for the assessing the quality of website. The repository in the form of ontologies covers various methods of quality assessment and makes possible their proper selection. Proposed approach was verified with main methods and the resulting ontology can act as a repository of domain knowledge.(original abstract)
- The Jacob of Paradyż University of Applied Sciences in Gorzów Wielkopolski
- West Pomeranian University of Technology in Szczecin,Wrocław University of Technology
- West Pomeranian University of Technology in Szczecin
- University of Szczecin
- The Jacob of Paradyż University of Applied Sciences in Gorzów Wielkopolski
- W.C. Chiou, C.C. Lin, C. Perng, "A strategic framework for website evaluation based on a review of the literature from 1995-2006," Information & Management, vol. 47, no. 5-6, pp. 282-290, 2010, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.im.2010.06.002
- IAB, IAB internet advertising revenue report. 2013 full year results. PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, 2014.
- IAB Europe, Adex Benchmark 2013. European online advertising expenditure.IAB Europe, 2014.
- ECOMMERCE Europe, European B2C E-commerce Report 2014. www.ecommerce-europe.eu, 2014.
- S. Kim, L. Stoel, "Dimensional hierarchy of retail website quality," Information & Management, vol. 41, no. 5, pp. 619-633, 2004.
- J. Hwang, Y.S. Yoon, N.H. Park, "Structural effects of cognitive and affective reponses to web advertisements, website and brand attitudes, and purchase intentions: The case of casual-dining restaurants," International Journal of Hospitality Management, vol. 30, no. 4, pp. 897-907, 2011, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhm.2011.01.011
- W.C. Chou, Y. Cheng, "A hybrid fuzzy MCDM approach for evaluating website quality of professional accounting firms," Expert Systems with Applications, vol. 39, no. 3, pp. 2783-2793, 2012, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.eswa.2011.08.138
- ISO/IEC 25010:2010(E), Systems and software engineering - Systems and software Quality Requirements and Evaluation (SQuaRE) - System and software quality models.
- S.J. Barnes, R. Vidgen, "Data triangulation and web quality metrics: A case study in e-government," Information & Management, vol. 43, no. 6, pp. 767-777, 2006.
- T. Ahn, S. Ryu, I. Han, "The impact of Web quality and playfulness on user acceptance of online retailing," Information & Management, vol. 44, no. 3, pp. 263-275, 2007.
- H.W. Webb, L.A. Webb, "SiteQual: an integrated measure of Web site quality," Journal of Enterprise Information Management, vol. 17, no. 6, pp. 430-440, 2004.
- Z. Yang, S. Cai, Z. Zhou, N. Zhou, "Development and validation of an instrument to measure user perceived service quality of information presenting Web Portals," Information & Management, vol. 42, no. 4, pp. 575-589, 2005.
- S. Elling, L. Lentz, M. de Jong, H. van den Bergh, "Measuring the quality of governmental websites in a controlled versus an online setting with the 'Website Evaluation Questionnaire'," Government Information Quarterly, vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 383-393, 2012.
- H. Sorum, K.N. Andersen, T. Clemmensen, "Website quality in government: Exploring the webmaster's perception and explanation of website quality," Transforming Government: People, Process and Policy, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 322-341, 2013, http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/TG-10-2012-0012
- T. Kaya, "Multi-attribute Evaluation of Website Quality in E-business Using an Integrated Fuzzy AHPTOPSIS Methodology," International Journal of Computational Intelligence Systems, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 301- 314, 2010, http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/18756891.2010.9727701
- P. Ziemba, M. Piwowarski, J. Jankowski, J. Wątróbski, "Method of Criteria Selection and Weights Calculation in the Process of Web Projects Evaluation," Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence, vol. 8733, pp. 684-693, 2014, http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319- 11289-3_69
- M. Hepp, "Ontologies: state of the art, business potential, and grand challenges," in Ontology Management. Semantic Web, Semantic Web Services, and Business Applications, M. Hepp, P. de Leenheer, A. de Moor, Y. Sure, Ed. Heidenberg: Springer, 2008, pp. 3-23.
- I.F. Cruz, H. Xiao, "Ontology Driven Data Integration in Heterogeneous Networks," Studies in Computational Intelligence, vol. 168, pp. 75-98, 2009.
- T.R. Gruber, "A translation approach to portable ontology specifications," Knowledge Acquisition, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 199-220, 1993.
- A. Guzman-Arenas, A.D. Cuevas, "Knowledge accumulation through automatic merging of ontologies," Expert Systems with Applications, vol. 37, no. 3, pp. 1991-2005, 2010, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.eswa.2009.06.078
- N. Villanueva-Rosales, M. Dumontier, "yOWL: An ontology-driven knowledge base for yeast biologists," Journal of Biomedical Informatics, vol. 41, no. 5, pp. 779-789, 2008.
- L.Y. Shue, C.W. Chen, W. Shiue, "The development of an ontologybased expert system for corporate financial rating," Expert Systems with Applications, vol. 36, no. 2, pp. 2130-2142, 2009, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.eswa.2007.12.044
- R. Saa, A. Garcia, C. Gomez, J. Carretero, F. Garcia-Carballeira, "An ontology-driven decision support system for high-performance and cost-optimized design of complex railway portal frames," Expert Systems with Applications, vol. 39, no. 10, pp. 8784-8792, 2012, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.eswa.2012.02.002
- B. Magoutas, C. Halaris, G. Mentzas, "An Ontology for the Multiperspective Evaluation of Quality in E-Government Services," Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 4656, pp. 318-329, 2007.
- L. Mich, M. Franch, "Instantiating Web Sites Quality Models: an Ontologies driven Approach," in Proceedings of the CAISE'05 Workshop on Web Oriented Software Technologies, 2005.
- N. Casellas, Legal Ontology Engineering. Methodologies, Modelling Trends, and the Ontology of Professional Judicial Knowledge. Dordrecht: Springer, 2011, http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-94-007- 1497-7
- O. Corcho, M. Fernandez-Lopez, A. Gomez-Perez, "Ontological Engineering: Principles, Methods, Tools and Languages," in Ontologies for Software Engineering and Software Technology, C. Calero, F. Ruiz, M. Piattini, Ed. Berlin: Springer, 2006, pp. 1-48.
- Y. Sure, C. Tempich, D. Vrandecic, "Ontology Engineering Methodologies. in Semantic Web Technologies. Trends and Research," in Ontology-based Systems, J. Davies, R. Studer, P. Warren, Ed. Chichester: Wiley, 2006, pp. 171-190.
- M. Fernandez-Lopez, A. Gomez-Perez, "Overview and analysis of methodologies for building ontologies," The Knowledge Engineering Review, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 129-156, 2002.
- A. Gomez-Perez, M. Fernandez-Lopez, O. Corcho, "Methodologies and Methods for Building Ontologies," in Ontological Engineering, With Examples from the Areas of Knowledge Management, e- Commerce and the Semantic Web, A. Gomez-Perez, M. Fernandez- Lopez, O. Corcho, Ed. London: Springer, 2004, pp. 107-197.
- O. Corcho, M. Fernandez-Lopez, A. Gomez-Perez, A. Lopez-Cima, "Building Legal Ontologies with METHONTOLOGY and WebODE," Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 3369, pp. 142-157, 2005.
- B. Villazon-Terrazas, J. Ramirez, M.C. Suarez-Figueroa, A. Gomez- Perez, "A network of ontology networks for building e-employment advanced systems," Expert Systems with Applications, vol. 38, no. 11, pp. 13612-13624, 2011, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.eswa.2011.04.125
- H. Pinto, A. Gomez-Perez, J. Martins, "Some issues on ontology integration," in Proceedings of IJCAI99's Workshop on Ontologies and Problem Solving Methods, 1999.
- J. de Bruijn, M. Ehrig, C. Feier, F. Martin-Recuerda, F. Scharffe, M. Weiten, "Ontology Mediation, Merging, and Aligning," in Semantic Web Technologies. Trends and Research in Ontology-based Systems, J. Davies, R. Studer, P. Warren, Ed. Chichester: Wiley, 2006, pp. 171-190.
- M. Klein, "Combining and relating ontologies: an analysis of problems and solutions," in Proceedings of the IJCAI Workshop on Ontologies and Information Sharing, 2001, pp. 53-62.
- J. Zhang, Y. Lv, "An Approach of Refining the Merged Ontology," in Proceedings of the 9th IEEE International Conference on Fuzzy Systems and Knowledge Discovery, 2012, pp. 802-806, http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/FSKD.2012.6233973
- M. Taboada, D. Martinez, J. Mira, "Experiences in reusing knowledge sources using Protege and PROMPT," International Journal Human- Computer Studies, vol. 62, no. 5, pp. 597-618, 2005.
- M. Gaeta, F. Orciuoli, P. Ritrovato, "Advanced ontology management system for personalised e-Learning," Knowledge-Based Systems, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 292-301, 2009, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.knosys.2009.01.006
- M. Knorr, J.J. Alferes, P. Hitzler, "Local closed world reasoning with description logics under the well-founded semantics," Artificial Intelligence, vol. 175, no. 9-10, pp. 1528-1554, 2011, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.artint.2011.01.007
- N.F. Noy, M.A. Musen, "The PROMPT suite: interactive tools for ontology merging and mapping," International Journal of Human- Computer Studies, vol. 59, no. 6, pp. 983-1024, 2003.
- http://tinyurl.com/WQM-eQual-example-inst; http://tinyurl.com/WQM-eQual-inferred-example-ins
- http://tinyurl.com/WQM-Ahn; http://tinyurl.com/WQM-Ahn-inferred
- http://tinyurl.com/WQM-SiteQual; http://tinyurl.com/WQMSiteQual- inferred
- http://tinyurl.com/WQM-WEQ; http://tinyurl.com/WQM-WEQinferred
- http://tinyurl.com/WQM-WPSQ; http://tinyurl.com/WQM-WPSQinferred
- P. Ziemba, J. Jankowski, J. Wątróbski, J. Becker, "Knowledge Management in Website Quality Evaluation Domain," Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence, vol. 9330, pp. 75-85, 2015, http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-24306-1_8