An Analysis of the Opportunities and Challenges Connected with Utilization of the Cloud Computing Model and the Most Important Aspects of the Migration Strategy
This paper is devoted to the cloud computing model and the opportunities and challenges connected with its utilization by business organizations, including the most significant issues related to the cloud migration strategy. It is composed of five parts. In the first, some facts concerning cloud computing as a new technology and the reasons for organizations using this type of computing model are provided. Next, the notion of cloud computing is briefly defined and the most significant opportunities and possibilities linked with cloudbased solutions are presented and discussed. The following part is focused on the analysis of the most important problems and challenges connected with the cloud computing model. The penultimate part of the paper deals with the issues connected with the cloud migration strategy, focusing on the most important elements. In the final part of the paper, the most significant conclusions and suggestions are offered.(original abstract)
- C. Gnanasambandam et al., "Next-generation IT infrastructure", http://www.mckinsey.com/insights/business_technology/~/media/ mckinsey/dotcom/insights/business%20technology/nextgeneration %20it%20infrastructure/next_generation_infrastructure_feb2014.ashx, January 2014.
- P. Bisson et al., "Disruptive technologies: Advances that will transform life, business, and the global economy", http://www.mckinsey.com/~/media/McKinsey/dotcom/Insights%20 and%20pubs/MGI/Research/Technology%20and %20Innovation/Disruptive %20technologies/MGI_Disruptive_technologies_Full_report_May201 3.ashx, May 2013.
- PwC, "18th Annual Global CEO Survey", http://www.pwc.com/ gx/en/ceo-survey/2015/assets/pwc-18th-annual-global-ceo-survey-jan- 2015.pdf, 2015.
- KPMG, "The Changing Landscape of Disruptive Technologies", http://www.kpmg.com/PL/pl/IssuesAndInsights/ArticlesPublications/ Documents/2015/KPMG-Global-Technology-Innovation-Insights- Fall-2014-online-secured.pdf, 2014.
- eMarketer, "Germany's ICT Professionals Focus on the Cloud, Security and Big Data", http://www.emarketer.com/Articles/ Print.aspx?R=1011987, February 5, 2015.
- Cisco, "Cisco Global Cloud Index: Forecast and Methodology, 2013- 2018", http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/solutions/collateral/serviceprovider/ global-cloud-index-gci/Cloud_Index_White_Paper.pdf, 2014.
- Intel IT Center, "Big Data in the Cloud: Converging Technologies", http://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/prod uct-briefs/big-data-cloud-technologies-brief.pdf, September 2014.
- European Commission, "Unleashing the Potential of Cloud Computing in Europe", http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUri Serv.do?uri=COM:2012:0529:FIN:EN: PDF, september 27, 2012.
- T. Olavsrud, "How Cloud Computing Helps Cut Costs, Boost Profits", CIO, http://www.cio.com/article/2387672/service-orientedarchitecture/ how-cloud-computing-helps-cut-costs--boost-profits.html, March 12,.2013.
- Oxford Economics, "The Path to Value in the Cloud", http://www.windstreambusiness.com/resources/published-reports/ thepath- to-value-in-the-cloud-strategy, 2014.
- M. Pratt, "Cloud computing claims a pivotal role in 2015", Computerworld, http://www.computerworld.com/article/2843861 /cloud-computing-claims-a-pivotal-role-in-2015.html?nsdr=true, November 10, 2014.
- N. Carr, "The End of Corporate Computing", Sloan Management Review, vol. 46, no. 3, 2005.
- H. Agarwal, "Managing the demand for IT infrastructure", http://www.mckinsey.com/insights/business_technology/managing_th e_demand_for_it_infrastructure, 2014.
- Sage, "Europejskie firmy marnują 9,6 mld € rocznie", http://media.sage.com.pl/PressRelease.278985.po, 2014.
- T. Davenport, Big Data at Work: Dispelling the Myths, Uncovering the Opportunities. Boston: Harvard Business School Press, 2014.
- M. Aielloi, G. Pagani, "The Smart Grid's Data Generating Potentials", in Proceedings of the 2014 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, Warszawa, 2014, pp. 9-16.
- S. Griffith, "Zipcar: selling cars, one ride at a time", http://whatmatters.mckinseydigital.com/internet/zipcar-selling-carsone- ride-at-a-time, 2009.
- HP, "Five myths of cloud computing", http://www.findwhitepapers.com/force-download.php?id=23344, 2012.
- Stratecast, 'The Hidden Truth Behind Shadow IT', http://www.mcafee.com/cn/resources/reports/rp-six-trendssecurity. pdf, November 2013.
- M. Ricknäs, "Amazon offers troubleshooting tool to Web services users", Computerworld, http://www.computerworld.com/article/ 2883840/amazon-offers-troubleshooting-tool-to-web-servicesusers. html?phint=newt=computerworld_da, February 12, 2015.
- M. Gagnaire et al., "Downtime statistics of current cloud solutions", http://iwgcr.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/IWGCR-Paris. Ranking- 002-en.pdf, 2012.
- Cisco, "Your Strategy for Cloud and Our Perspective", http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/solutions/collateral/data-centervirtualization/ cloud-infrastructure/at-a-glance-c45-730763.pdf, 2014.
- P. Van Eecke, "Cloud Computing Legal Issues", http://www.isaca.org/Groups/Professional-English/cloud-computing/ GroupDocuments/DLA_Cloud%20computing%20legal%20 issues.pdf, 2013.
- Cisco, "Cloud Adoption", http://share.cisco.com/cloudadoption/, 2014.
- COSO, "Enterprise Risk Management for Cloud Computing", http://www.coso.org/documents/Cloud%20Computing%20Thought %20Paper.pdf, 2012.