The Scalable Distributed Two-layer Content Based Image Retrieval Data Store
The multimedia databases are becoming more and more popular nowadays. One of their main problem is a huge data amount storage. Another problem with multimedia databases is querying. Traditional approaches, based on textual keywords are not sufficient. More advanced techniques, incorporating image content features, should be used. In this paper we propose new multimedia database structure with ability of Content Based Image Retrieval which is based on our previous work: Query by Shape method (QS). Query by Shape is a method which is based on decomposing an object into features. Each feature may consists of shape primitive, a color or a texture. In this paper we only use shape primitives. In order to achieve high scalability and workload control, we propose a modified Scalable Distributed Two-layer Data Structure, as a storage. The modification incorporates adding tree structure, comparing algorithm and returning a set of results to the client.(original abstract)
- S. Deniziak and T. Michno, "Query by shape for image retrieval from multimedia databases," in Beyond Databases, Architectures and Structures, ser. Communications in Computer and Information Science, S. Kozielski, D. Mrozek, P. Kasprowski, B. Malysiak-Mrozek, and D. Kostrzewa, Eds. Springer International Publishing, 2015, vol. 521, pp. 377-386. [Online]. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/ 978-3-319-18422-7_33
- K. Sapiecha and G. Lukawski, "Scalable distributed two-layer data structures (sd2ds)," IJDST, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 15-30, 2013. [Online]. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.4018/jdst.2013040102
- C.-Y. Li and C.-T. Hsu, "Image retrieval with relevance feedback based on graph-theoretic region correspondence estimation," IEEE Transactions on Multimedia, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 447-456, April 2008.
- H. H. Wang, D. Mohamad, and N. A. Ismail, "Approaches, challenges and future direction of image retrieval," CoRR, vol. abs/1006.4568, 2010.
- M. Mocofan, I. Ermalai, M. Bucos, M. Onita, and B. Dragulescu, "Supervised tree content based search algorithm for multimedia image databases," in 6th IEEE International Symposium on Applied Computational Intelligence and Informatics, May 2011, pp. 469-472.
- T. K. Shih, "Distributed multimedia databases," T. K. Shih, Ed. Hershey, PA, USA: IGI Global, 2002, ch. Distributed Multimedia Databases, pp. 2-12. [Online]. Available: http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm? id=510695.510697
- H.-P. Kriegel, P. Kroger, P. Kunath, and A. Pryakhin, "Effective similarity search in multimedia databases using multiple representations," in 12th International Multi-Media Modelling Conference Proceedings, 2006, pp. 4 pp.-.
- C. Lalos, A. Doulamis, K. Konstanteli, P. Dellias, and T. Varvarigou, "An innovative content-based indexing technique with linear response suitable for pervasive environments," in International Workshop on Content-Based Multimedia Indexing, June 2008, pp. 462-469.
- R. Jakubowski, "Extraction of shape features for syntactic recognition of mechanical parts," IEEE Trans. on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, vol. SMC-15, no. 5, pp. 642-651, Sept 1985.
- M. Bielecka and M. Skomorowski, "Fuzzy-aided parsing for pattern recognition," in Computer Recognition Systems 2, ser. Advances in Soft Computing, M. Kurzynski, E. Puchala, M. Wozniak, and A. Zolnierek, Eds. Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 2007, vol. 45, pp. 313-318.
- A. Sluzek, "On moment-based local operators for detecting image patterns," Image and Vision Computing, vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 287 - 298, 2005. [Online]. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.imavis.2004. 03.003
- H.-C. Lee and K.-S. Fu, "Generating object descriptions for model retrieval," IEEE Trans. on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. PAMI-5, no. 5, pp. 462-471, Sept 1983.
- J. R. Ullmann, "An algorithm for subgraph isomorphism," J. ACM, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 31-42, Jan. 1976. [Online]. Available: http://doi.acm.org/10.1145/321921.321925
- G. Aggarwal, T. Ashwin, and S. Ghosal, "An image retrieval system with automatic query modification," IEEE Transactions on Multimedia, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 201-214, Jun 2002.
- T. Kato, T. Kurita, N. Otsu, and K. Hirata, "A sketch retrieval method for full color image database-query by visual example," in 11th IAPR International Conference on Pattern Recognition, Vol.I. Conference A: Computer Vision and Applications, Aug 1992, pp. 530-533.
- A. Singh, S. Shekhar, and A. Jalal, "Semantic based image retrieval using multi-agent model by searching and filtering replicated web images," in Information and Communication Technologies (WICT), 2012 World Congress on, Oct 2012, pp. 817-821.
- C.-Y. Li and C.-T. Hsu, "Image retrieval with relevance feedback based on graph-theoretic region correspondence estimation," Multimedia, IEEE Transactions on, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 447-456, April 2008.
- S. Kiranyaz and M. Gabbouj, "Hierarchical cellular tree: An efficient indexing scheme for content-based retrieval on multimedia databases," Multimedia, IEEE Transactions on, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 102-119, Jan 2007.
- P. J. Sadalage and M. Fowler, NoSQL distilled : a brief guide to the emerging world of polyglot persistence. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Addison-Wesley, 2013. [Online]. Available: http://opac.inria.fr/record= b1135051
- G. DeCandia, D. Hastorun, M. Jampani, G. Kakulapati, A. Lakshman, A. Pilchin, S. Sivasubramanian, P. Vosshall, and W. Vogels, "Dynamo: Amazon's highly available key-value store," SIGOPS Oper. Syst. Rev., vol. 41, no. 6, pp. 205-220, Oct. 2007. [Online]. Available: http://doi.acm.org/10.1145/1323293.1294281
- F. Chang, J. Dean, S. Ghemawat, W. C. Hsieh, D. A. Wallach, M. Burrows, T. Chandra, A. Fikes, and R. E. Gruber, "Bigtable: A distributed storage system for structured data," ACM Trans. Comput. Syst., vol. 26, no. 2, pp. 4:1-4:26, Jun. 2008. [Online]. Available: http://doi.acm.org/10.1145/1365815.1365816
- K. Sapiecha, G. Lukawski, and A. Krechowicz, "Enhancing throughput of scalable distributed two - layer data structures," in Parallel and Distributed Computing (ISPDC), 2014 IEEE 13th International Symposium on, June 2014, pp. 103-110.
- P. Sitek and J. Wikarek, "A hybrid framework for the modelling and optimisation of decision problems in sustainable supply chain management," International Journal of Production Research, 2015.