Profile-driven Source Code Exploration
The following study deals with static analysis of Java source codes and it is dedicated to those readers who are interested in techniques aiming at evaluation of programming abilities of job candidates or students. In our case, the goal of the static analysis is to assemble the most significant and interesting data about source code author (programmer). If properly visualized, such assembled data may form programmer's profile which, to impartial observer, may further determine author's real programming abilities and his/her habits, both good and the bad ones. The present study represents first experiments attempting to form programmer's profile by static analysis of language element frequency. Conclusion offers a broader view, combining also other techniques as a future plan to generate knowledge profiles more precisely.(original abstract)
- D. Mihályi and V. Novitzká, "Towards the Knowledge in Coalgebraic model of IDS," Computing and Informatics, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 61-78, 2-14.
- J. Paralic, F. Babic, and M. Paralic, "Process-driven Approaches to Knowledge Transformation," Acta Polytechnica Hungarica, vol. 10, no. 5, pp. 125-143, 2013.
- R. Garcia, J. Jarvi, A. Lumsdaine, J. G. Siek, and J. Willcock, "A Comparative Study of Language Support for Generic Programming," SIGPLAN Notices, vol. 38, no. 11, pp. 115-134, 2003. doi: 10.1145/949343.949317
- J. Kollár and P. V. Jaroslav Porubän, "Separating concerns in programming: Data, control and actions," Computing and Informatics, vol. 24, no. 5, pp. 441-462, 2005.
- M. Nosál' and J. Porubän, "XML to Annotations Mapping Definition with Patterns," Computer Science and Information Systems, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 1455-1477, 2014. doi: 10.2298/CSIS130920049N
- M. Nosál', J. Porubän, and M. Nosál', "Concern-oriented Source Code Projections," in Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems (FEDCSIS). IEEE, 2013. ISBN 978-1-4673-4471-5 pp. 1541-1544.
- S. Heckman and L. Williams, "A Comparative Evaluation of Static Analysis Actionable Alert Identification Techniques," in International Conference on Predictive Models in Software Engineering. ACM, 2013. doi: 10.1145/2499393.2499399 pp. 4:1-4:10.
- J. W. Tukey, Exploratory Data Analysis. Addison-Wesley, 1977.
- T. Parr and K. Fisher, "LL(*): the foundation of the ANTLR parser generator," SIGPLAN Notices, vol. 46, no. 6, pp. 425-436, 2011. doi: 10.1145/1993316.1993548
- J. Porubän, M. Forgáˇc, M. Sabo, and M. Bˇehálek, "Annotation based parser generator," Computer Science and Information Systems, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 291-307, 2010. doi: 10.2298/CSIS1002291P
- R. Huuck, "Technology transfer: Formal analysis, engineering, and business value," Science of Computer Programming, vol. 103, pp. 3- 12, 2015. doi: 10.1016/j.scico.2014.11.003 V. Ivannikov, A. Belevantsev, A.
- Borodin, V. Ignatiev, D. Zhurikhin, and A. Avetisyan, "Static analyzer Svace for finding defects in a source program code," Programming and Computer Software, vol. 40, no. 5, pp. 265-275, 2014. doi: 10.1134/S0361768814050041
- Q. Hanam, L. Tan, R. Holmes, and P. Lam, "Finding Patterns in Static Analysis Alerts: Improving Actionable Alert Ranking," in Working Conference on Mining Software Repositories. ACM, 2014. doi: 10.1145/2597073.2597100 pp. 152-161.
- V. Djukic, I. Lukovic, A. Popovic, and V. Ivancevic, "Model Execution: An Approach based on extending Domain-Specific Modeling with Action Reports," Computer Science and Information Systems, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 1585-1620, 2013. doi: 10.2298/CSIS121228059D
- P. T. Breuer and S. Pickin, "One Million (LOC) and Counting: Static Analysis for Errors and Vulnerabilities in the Linux Kernel Source Code," in Reliable Software Technologies - Ada-Europe, ser. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. Springer, 2006, vol. 4006, pp. 56-70.
- M. Tomášek, "Language for a Distributed System of Mobile Agents," Acta Polytechnica Hungarica, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 61-79, 2011.
- Z. Lu and S. Mukhopadhyay, "Model-Based Static Source Code Analysis of Java Programs with Applications to Android Security," in Computer Software and Applications Conference (COMPSAC). IEEE Computer Society, 2012. doi: 10.1109/COMPSAC.2012.43 pp. 322-327.
- S. Šimonák, "Verification of Communication Protocols Based on Formal Methods Integration," Acta Polytechnica Hungarica, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 117-128, 2012.
- D. Poshyvanyk, M. Gethers, and A. Marcus, "Concept Location Using Formal Concept Analysis and Information Retrieval," ACM Transactions on Software Engineering Methodology (TOSEM), vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 23:1-23:34, 2013. doi: 10.1145/2377656.2377660
- A. Marcus, V. Rajlich, J. Buchta, M. Petrenko, and A. Sergeyev, "Static Techniques for Concept Location in Object-Oriented Code," in International Workshop on Program Comprehension. IEEE Computer Society, 2005. doi: 10.1109/WPC.2005.33 pp. 33-42.
- F. Catthoor, K. Danckaert, S. Wuytack, and N. Dutt, "Code transformations for data transfer and storage exploration preprocessing in multimedia processors," Design Test of Computers, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 70-82, 2001. doi: 10.1109/WPC.2005.33
- A. C. Murray, R. V. Bennett, B. Franke, and N. Topham, "Code Transformation and Instruction Set Extension," ACM Transactions on Embedded Computer Systems (TECS), vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 26:1-26:31, 2009. doi: 10.1145/1550987.1550989
- A. Baláž, Computer Systems Security, 2nd ed., 2015. ISBN 978-80-553- 1948-3
- L. Vokorokos, A. Baláž, and N. Ádám, "Secure web server system resources utilization," Acta Polytechnica Hungarica, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 5-19, 2015.
- H. M. Kienle and H. A. Müller, "Rigi - An Environment for Software Reverse Engineering, Exploration, Visualization, and Redocumentation," Science of Computer Programming, vol. 75, no. 4, pp. 247-263, 2010. doi: doi:10.1016/j.scico.2009.10.007
- G. J. Holzmann, "Software Analysis and Model Checking," in Computer Aided Verification, ser. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. Springer, 2002, vol. 2404, pp. 1-16.
- M. B. Dwyer, J. Hatcliff, R. Robby, C. S. Pasareanu, and W. Visser, "Formal Software Analysis Emerging Trends in Software Model Checking," in Future of Software Engineering. IEEE Computer Society, 2007. doi: 10.1109/FOSE.2007.6 pp. 120-136.
- T. Eisenbarth, R. Koschke, and D. Simon, "Locating features in source code," IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 210-224, 2003. doi: 10.1109/TSE.2003.1183929
- P. Emanuelsson and U. Nilsson, "A Comparative Study of Industrial Static Analysis Tools," Electronic Notes in Theoretical Computer Science, vol. 217, pp. 5-21, 2008. doi: 10.1016/j.entcs.2008.06.039
- S. Heckman and L. Williams, "A Systematic Literature Review of Actionable Alert Identification Techniques for Automated Static Code Analysis," Information and Software Technology, vol. 53, no. 4, pp. 363-387, 2011. doi: 10.1016/j.infsof.2010.12.007
- S. O. Olatunji, Y. S. Al-Ghamdi, and J. S. A. Al-Ghamdi, "Mining Software Repositories - A Comparative Analysis," International Journal of Computer Science and Network Security, vol. 10, no. 8, pp. 161-174, 2010.
- H. Kagdi, M. L. Collard, and J. I. Maletic, "A Survey and Taxonomy of Approaches for Mining Software Repositories in the Context of Software Evolution," Journal of Software Maintenance and Evolution: Research and Practice.
- J. Kollár and M. Forgáˇc, "Combined approach to program and language evolution," Computing and Informatics, vol. 29, no. 6+, pp. 1103-1116, 2010.
- K. Chaturvedi, V. Sing, and P. Singh, "Tools in Mining Software Repositories," in Computational Science and Its Applications (ICCSA), 2013. doi: 10.1109/ICCSA.2013.22 pp. 89-98.
- A. Hassan, "The road ahead for Mining Software Repositories," in Frontiers of Software Maintenance, 2008. doi: 10.1109/FOSM.2008.4659248 pp. 48-57.
- S. Koch and G. Schneider, "Effort, cooperation and coordination in an open source software project: Gnome," Information Systems Journal, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 27-42, 2002. doi: 10.1046/j.1365-2575.2002.00110.x
- W. Trochim, "Research methods knowledge base: Descriptive statistics," http://www.socialresearchmethods.net/kb/statdesc.php, 2006, Accessed: 2015-04-30.
- A. Sutton, R. Holeman, and J. I. Maletic, "Identification of idiom usage in C++ generic libraries," International Conference on Program Comprehension, pp. 160-169, 2010. doi: 10.1109/ICPC.2010.37
- D. Lakatoš, J. Porubän, and M. Baˇcíková, "Declarative specification of references in DSLs," in Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems (FedCSIS 2013). IEEE, 2013. ISBN 978-1-4673- 4471-5 pp. 1527-1534.
- M. Binas, "Improving reliability of arena platform for automated assessments," in Electrical Engineering and Informatics 5: Proceedings of FEEI, 2014, pp. 115-118.