Applications of Intelligent Systems in Poland - Our Present State of Observing
Nowadays a market economy in a global dimension enforces polish enterprises to apply initiatives in order to reduce costs as well as to keep high quality of services and productions. This is not easy way to reach this goal because of lack of knowledge about a company itself and environments of its functioning. On the other hand, any of management methods, not supported by modem information technology is not good enough to get competitive advantage. Most of companies act in dynamic environments and decision-making processes are difficult to perform - decisions should be made in limited time on a base of accurate analysis. Sometimes huge of information not always up to date being in dispose of managers even make the processes more difficult. It is common expectations intelligent systems (IS) can effectively support decision making processes. The research of usability intelligent systems in different areas is not popular. One of the most exhaustive and common known study was performed by John Durkin in 90' (Durkin, 1995). According to our knowledge the research such a sort wasn't undertaken in Poland. Consciousness of the state of the art the mentioned applications is important to point out directions of development intelligent applications. Positive examples can be also encouraging for enterprises to apply such systems in similar conditions. Negative cases can be valuable warnings how to avoid fails in intelligent system applications. (fragment of text)
- Darligton K.: Basic expert systems. The Knowledge Based Systems Centre, London 1996., http://www.bcsnsg.org.uk/itin08/darling.htm.
- Durkin J.: Expert System - Design and Development. Prentice Hall, 1994.
- Durkin J.: Expert Systems - Catalog of Applications. Intelligent Computer Systems, Inc. 1995.
- Kramer T.: Analiza rynku (Market analysis). PWE 1971 (in Polish).
- Jakubczyc J., Matouk K., Owoc M.L.: Zastosowania systemów inteligentnych w Polsce - sukcesy i porażki. [w:] Niedzielska E., Dudycz H., Dyczkowski M.: Nowoczesne technologie informacyjne w zarządzaniu. "Prace naukowe AE we Rocławiu", nr 955. Wydawnictwo Akademii Ekonomicznej, Wrocław 2003, (Intelligent Systems Applications - Successes and Lost [in:] Niedzielska E., Dudycz H., Dyczkowski M. (eds.) Modern Information Technologies in Management. Research Papers Wroclaw University of Economics No. 955. Wroclaw University of Economics Publ., 2002 (in Polish).
- Mynarski S.: Analiza rynku (Market analysis). Warszawa: PWN 1987 (in Polish).
- Prymon M.: Współczesne badania marketingowe (Modern marketing research). Redakcja Wydawnictw KUL, Lublin 2001 (in Polish).
- Styś A. (eds.): Analiza rynku ze wspomaganiem komputerowym. Wydawnictwo AE Wrocław 1991 (in Polish).
- Turban E.: Decision Support and Expert Systems. Macmillan, New York, 1990.