Social Media and Hospital Brands: A field Study in Turkey
The objective of this study is to evaluate the respondents' use of social media and explore whether there are any differences, according to their demographics and social media use behaviors. The study was conducted on the Facebook pages of three hospitals in Turkey and totally, 443 questionnaires were completed. Frequency, mean and percentage distributions were calculated and Factor Analysis, Kruskal-Wallis and Mann-Whitney U tests were conducted in order to achieve the objectives of this study. As a result, healthcare organizations should enhance their presence and be more active on social media in order to increase the perceived benefits of the users and to strengthen their brands.(original abstract)
- Arnone L., Colot O., Croquet M., Geerts A., Pozniak L. (2010), Company Managed Virtual Communities in Global Brand Strategy, "Global Journal Of Business Research", Vol. 4, No. 2, pp. 97-112.
- Chaudhuri A., Holbrook M.B. (2001), The Chain of Effects from Brand Trust and Brand Affect to Brand Performance: The Role of Brand Loyalty, "The Journal of Marketing", Vol. 62, No. 2, pp. 81-93.
- Curran J.M., Varki S., Rosen D.E. (2010), Loyalty and Its Antecedents: Are the Relationships Static? "Journal of Relationship Marketing", Vol. 9, No. 4, pp. 179-199.
- Flavián C., Guinalıu M., Gurrea R. (2006), The Role Played by Perceived Usability, Satisfaction and Consumer Trust on Website Loyalty, "Information & Management", Vol. 43, pp.1-14.
- Güneş S. (2013), Sağlık Kurumları ve Medya İlişkileri [Social Media and Media Relations], [in:] H. Sur, T. Palteki, Hastane Yönetimi, Nobel Tıp Kitapevleri, İstanbul, pp. 1011-1014.
- Hackworth B.A., Kunz M.B. (2010), Health Care and Social Media: Bulding Relationships via Social Networks, "Academy of Health Care Management Journal", Vol. 6, No. 1, pp. 55-68.
- Jang H.Y., Ko I.S., Koh J. (2007), The Influence of Online Brand Community Characteristics on Community Commitment and Brand Loyalty, "Proceedings of the 40th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS'07)", pp. 1-10.
- Kang J., Tang L., Fiore A.M. (2014), Enhancing Consumer-brand Relationships on Restaurant Facebook Fanpages: Maximizing Consumer Benefits and Increasing Active Participation, "International Journal of Hospitality Management", Vol. 36, pp. 145-155.
- Kaplan A.M., Haenlein M. (2010), Users of the World, Unite! The Challenges and Opportunities of Social Media, "Business Horizons", Vol. 53, No. 1, pp. 59-68.
- Katz E., Blumler G., Gurevich M. (1974), Utilization of Mass Communication by the Individual [in:] J.G. Blumler, E. Katz, The Uses of Mass Communication: Current Perspectives on Gratifications Research, Sage Publications, Beverly Hills.
- Kembel J. (2010), Guest Blogger John Kembel: Fostering Brand Loyalty through Online Communities, 1to1media: http://www.1to1media.com/weblog/2010/04/guest_blogger _john_kembel_fost.html (access: 18.05.2015).
- Kim K.H., Kim K.S., Kim D.Y., Kim J.H., Kang S.H. (2008), Brand Equity in Hospital Marketing, "Journal of Business Research", Vol. 61, pp. 75-82.
- Kotler P., Armstrong G. (2012), Principles of Marketing (14th ed.), Pearson Prentice Hall, New Jersey.
- Kuo Y.-F., Feng L.-H. (2013): Relationships Among Community Characteristics, Perceived Benefits, Community Commitment, and Oppositional Brand Loyalty in Online Brand Communities, "International Journal of Information Management", Vol. 33, pp. 948-962.
- Laroche M., Habibi M.R., Richard M.-O., Sankaranarayanan R. (2012), The Effects of Social Media Based Brand Communities on Brand Community Markers, Value Creation Practices, Brand Trust and Brand Loyalty, "Computers in Human Behavior", Vol. 28, pp. 1775-1767.
- Martínez P., Bosque I.R. del (2013), CSR and Customer Loyalty: The Roles of Trust, Customer Identification with the Company and Satisfaction, "International Journal of Hospitality Management", Vol. 35, pp. 89-99.
- Mohseni M., Lindstrom M. (2007), Social Capital, Trust in the Health-Care System and Self-rated Health: The Role of Access to Health Care in a Population-based Study, "Social Science & Medicine", Vol. 64, pp. 1373-1383.
- Morgan R.M., Hunt S.D. (1994), The Commitment-trust Theory of Relationship Marketing, "Journal of Marketing", Vol. 58, No. 3, pp. 20-38.
- Nam J., Ekinci Y., Whyatt G. (2011), Brand Equity, Brand Loyalty and Consumer Satisfaction, "Annals of Tourism Research", Vol. 38, No. 3, pp. 1009-1030.
- Nambisan S., Baron R.A. (2009), Virtual Customer Environments: Testing a Model of Voluntary Participation in Value Co-creation Activities, "Journal of Product Innovation Management", Vol. 26, pp. 388-406.
- Nguyen N., Leclerc A., LeBlanc G. (2013), The Mediating Role of Customer Trust on Customer Loyalty, "Journal of Service Science and Management", Vol. 6, pp. 96-109.
- Ok C., Choi Y.G., Hyun S.S. (2011), Roles of Brand Value Perception in the Development of Brand Credibility and Brand Prestige, "International CHRIE Conference- Refereed Track (s. Paper 13)", ScholarWorks@UMass, Amherst.
- Oliver R.L. (1999), Whence Consumer Loyalty? "Journal of Marketing", Vol. 63 (Special Issue), pp. 33-44.
- Osatuyi B. (2013), Information Sharing on Social Media Sites, "Computers in Human Behavior", Vol. 29, pp. 2622-2631.
- Patawayati Zain D., Setiawan M., Rahayu M. (2013), Patient Satisfaction, Trust and Commitment: Mediator of Service Quality and Its Impact on Loyalty (An Empirical Study in Southeast Sulawesi Public Hospitals), "IOSR Journal of Business and Management (IOSR-JBM)", Vol. 7, No. 6, pp. 1-14.
- Satanasavapak P. (2010), The Effects of Virtual Community on Brand Equity, "AU Journal of Management", Vol. 8, No. 1, pp. 1-19.
- Vuuren T. van, Roberts-Lombard M., Tonder E. van (2012): Customer Satisfaction, Trust and Commitment as Predictors of Customer Loyalty within an Optometric Practice Environment, "Southern African Business Review", Vol. 16, No. 3, pp. 81-96.
- Woisetsclager D.M., Hartleb V., Blut M. (2008), How to Make Brand Communities Work: Antecedents and Consequences of Consumer Participation, "Journal of Relationship Marketing", Vol. 7, No. 3, pp. 237-256.
- Wood L. (2000), Brands and Brand Equity: Definition and Management, "Management Decision", Vol. 38, No. 9, pp. 662-669.
- Yamane T. (2001), Temel Örnekleme Yöntemleri (Çev: A. Esin, M.A. Bakır, C. Aydın and E. Gürbüzsel), Literatur Yayınlar, İstanbul.
- Yang Z., Peterson R.T. (2004), Customer Perceived Value, Satisfaction, and Loyalty: The Role of Switching Costs, "Psychology & Marketing", Vol. 21, No. 10, pp. 799-822.