The Impact of EU Enlargement on the Agricultural Output and Income in the Member States
The paper presents an analysis of the impact of the EU enlargement in 2004 on the agricultural output and incomes of the EU Member States. The main aim of the study is to test the significance of difference of reaction to enlargement in three distinct groups of members, namely the 'old' fifteen Member States, the 'new' ten Member States which accessed the EU on May 1st 2004, and the two 'newest' Member States, i.e. Romania and Bulgaria which accessed the EU on January 1st 2007. For the purpose of description of different countries behaviour a linear mixed model was applied. (original abstract)
- Analysis of the Impact on Agricultural Markets and Incomes of EU Enlargement to the CEECs. . Report prepared by the Directorate General for Agriculture of the European Commission.
- Bates D. : lme4: Linear mixed-effects models using S4 classes. R package version 0.99875-9.
- Demidenko E. : Mixed Models, Theory and Applications. Wiley, Nowy Jork.
- Eurostat, Statistical Office of the European Communities. [accessed 2008]. http:// ec.europa.eu/eurostat.
- Manual on the Economic Accounts for Agriculture and Forestry EAA/EAF 97 (REV. 1.1). .
- R: A language and environment for statistical computing. . R Development Core Team. R Foundation for Statistical Computing, Vienna, Austria. ISBN 3-900051-07-0, [available at] URL http://www.R-project.org.
- Regulation (Ec) No 138/2004 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 5 December 2003 on the economic accounts for agriculture in the Community. .