Car Industry Enterprises in Poland: Strategic Priorities in the Circumstances of Depression on the Market
It is in the recent years that the automotive branch was remarkably affected by the global economic crisis. The companies that are located in Poland make up a significant element of the global system. The present paper analyses the most important data that describe the activities of these companies in the years of crisis (the research covered the period from 2005 through 2012). It is possible to formulate the thesis that this is the group of entities that relatively well coped with the difficult situation encountered in the environment. Thanks to the analysis that was made it was possible to point to the regularities that increased the possibility of making a success in this kind of circumstances. (original abstract)
- Domansky, L.R. (Ed.). (2006). Automobile Industry. Current Issues. New York, USA: Nova Science Publishers.
- Bhise, V.D. (2011). Ergonomics in the Automotive Design Process. Boca Raton, London, New York: CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group.
- Brinkmann, L. (2011). Global competitiveness of the car industry. Norderstedt, Germany: GRIN Verlag.
- Cantor, B., Grant, P., & Johnston, C. (2008). Automotive Engineering: Lightweight, Functional, and Novel Materials. Boca Raton, London, New York: CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group.
- Comacchio, A., Volpato, G., & Camuffo, A. (2012). Automation in Automotive Industries: Recent Developments. London, Great Britain: Springer London, Limited.
- European Automobile Manufacturers Association (2015, September 02). Retrieved from http://www.acea.be
- Freyssenet, M., Shimizu, K., & Volpato, G. (Eds.). (2003). Globalization Or Regionalization of the European Car Industry? London, New York: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Hollembeak, B. (2010). Advanced Automotive Electronic Systems. New York, USA: Delmar, Cengage Learning.
- Keeley, B., & Love, P. (2010). OECD Insights From Crisis to Recovery The Causes, Course and Consequences of the Great Recession: The Causes, Course and Consequences of the Great Recession. OECD Publishing.
- Omar, M.A. (2011). The Automotive Body Manufacturing Systems and Processes. Chichester, Great Britain: John Wiley & Sons.
- Peters, N. (2009). The impact of the global downturn on the car manufacturing industry. Norderstedt, Germany: GRIN Verlag.
- Pimentel, J.R. (2006). Safety-critical automotive systems. International Society of Automotive Engineers.
- Ribbens, W. (2012). Understanding Automotive Electronics: An Engineering Perspective. Waltham, USA: Butterworth-Heinemann.
- Vogt, J. (2011). Value Creation Within the Construction Industry: A Study of Strategic Takeovers. Frankfurt, Germany: Peter Lang GmbH.
- Weber, J. (2009). Automotive Development Processes: Processes for Successful Customer Oriented Vehicle Development. Springer Science & Business Media.
- Wells, P.E. (2010). The Automotive Industry in an Era of Eco-austerity: Creating an Industry as If the Planet Mattered. Cheltenham, Great Britain; Northampton, USA: Edward Elgar Publishing.