2016 | vol. 2, t. 320 Differences of Local Production Systems' Performance in the European Union and Beyond - Comparative Analyses | 65--74
Marketing Strategy of Apparel and Textile Cluster in Southwest Region of Bulgaria
This paper provides an analysis of marketing activities and marketing organization of the Southwest apparel and textile cluster in Bulgaria. The first section of the paper gives an overview of the organization and functioning of the cluster. The second section focuses on the cluster marketing, analyzing its success to date and identifying the challenges it faces going forward. The purpose of the research report is to present and to analyze the marketing strategy of "Inter Moda Trading Cluster" in the Southwest region of Bulgaria. The sources of data which have been used in the research process are: official trade publications, cluster's publications (internet site, bulletins, brochures, newsletters etc.), internal documents, depth interviews that were carried out with cluster's top managers and the Chair of the Commercial Chamber in the city of Kyustendil. (original abstract)
- Altenburg T., Meyer-Stamer J. (1999), How to promote clusters: policy experiences from Latin America, "World Development", vol. 27, no. 9, p. 1693-713.
- Arikan A. (2009), Interfirm knowledge exchanges and the knowledge creation capability of clusters, "Academy of Management Review", vol. 34, no. 4, p. 658-676.
- Bell S., Tracey P., Heide J. (2009), The organization of regional clusters, "Academy of Management Review", vol. 34, no. 4, p. 623-642.
- Brown P., McNaughton R., Bell J. (2010), Marketing externalities in industrial clusters: a literature review and evidence from the Christchurch New Zealand electronics cluster, "Journal of International Entrepreneurship", vol. 8, no. 2, p. 168-181.
- Carson D., Gilmore A., Rocks S. (2004), SME marketing networking: a strategic approach, "Strategic Change", vol. 1, no. 7, p. 369-382.
- Chimhanzi J. (2004), The impact of marketing/HR interactions on marketing strategy, "European Journal of Marketing", vol. 38, no. 1/2, p. 73-98.
- Felzensztein C., Gimmon E. (2012), Clusters or un-clustered industries? Where inter-firm marketing cooperation matters, "Journal of Business & Industrial Marketing", no. 27/5, p. 392-402.
- Felzensztein C., Gimmon E., Carter S. (2010), Geographical co-location, social networks and inter-firm marketing cooperation: the case of the salmon industry, "Long Range Planning", vol. 43, no. 5-6, p. 675-690.
- Guercini S., Woodside A.G. (2012), A strategic supply chain approach: consortium marketing in the Italian leatherwear industry, "Marketing Intelligence & Planning", vol. 30, no. 7, p. 700-716.
- Mladenova G. (2014), A marketing approach to the local production systems management, [in:] A. S. Novoselov, V.E. Selivestrov (eds.), Local production systems and regional economic development, Novosibirsk-Sofia-Lodz-Ternopil, p. 22-34.
- Morgan R., Hunt S. (1994), Commitment-trust theory of relationships marketing, "Journal of Marketing", vol. 57, July, p. 20-38.
- Porter M. (2000), Clusters and the new economics of competition, "Harvard Business Review", vol. 76, no. 6, p. 77-90.
- Tu H. (2011), Cluster Marketing Models and Strategies: The Implications Thereof in the Chinese High-Tech Industry, "The International Journal of China Marketing", vol. 1(2), p. 34-44.