Some Effective Estimation Procedures Under Non-Response in Two-Phase Successive Sampling
This work is designed to assess the effect of non-response in estimation of the current population mean in two-phase successive sampling on two occasions. Sub-sampling technique of non-respondents has been used and exponential methods of estimation under two-phase successive sampling arrangement have been proposed. Properties of the proposed estimation procedures have been examined. Empirical studies are carried out to justify the suggested estimation procedures and suitable recommendations have been made to the survey practitioners. (original abstract)
- BAHL, S., TUTEJA, R. K., (1991). Ratio and Product type exponential estimator. Information and Optimization sciences, XII(I), 159-163.
- CHOUDHARY, R. K., BATHAL, H. V. L., SUD, U. C., (2004). On Non-response in Sampling on Two Occasions. Journal of the Indian Society of Agricultural Statistics, 58(3) 331-343.
- COCHRAN, W. G., (1977). Sampling Techniques, 3rd edition, John Wiley & Sons, New York.
- DAS, A. K., (1982). Estimation of population ratio on two occasions. Journal of the Indian Society of Agricultural Statistics, 34, 1-9.
- ECKLER, A. R., (1955). Rotation Sampling. Annals Mathematical Statistics, 664-685.
- FABIAN, C. O., HYUNSHIK, L., (2000). Double sampling for ratio and regression estimation with sub-sampling the non-respondents. Survey Methodology, 26 (2), 183- 188.
- FENG, S., ZOU, G., (1997). Sample rotation method with auxiliary variable. Communication in Statistics Theory and Methods, 26 (6) 1497-1509.
- GARCÍA LUENGO A. V., (2013). Improvement on the non-response in the population ratio of mean for current occasion in sampling on two occasions. Pakistan Journal of Statistics and Operation Research, 9(1), 25-51.
- GUPTA, P. C., (1979). Sampling on two successive occasions. Jour. Statist. Res., 13, 7- 16.
- HANSEN, M. H., HURWITZ, W. N., (1946). The problem of the non-response in sample surveys. Journal of the American Statistical Association, 41, 517-529.
- HANSEN, M. H., HURWITZ, W. N., MADOW, W. G., (1953). Sample surveys methods and theory, 1, 2, John Wiley and Sons, Inc., New York and London.
- JESSEN, R. J., (1942). Statistical investigation of a sample survey for obtaining farm facts. Iowa Agricultural Experiment Station Road Bulletin No. 304, Ames, USA, 1-104.
- PATTERSON, H. D., (1950). Sampling on successive occasions with partial replacement of units. Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, 12, 241-255.
- RAO, J. N. K., GRAHAM, J. E., (1964). Rotation design for sampling on repeated occasions. Journal of the American Statistical Association, 59, 492- 509.
- REDDY, V. N., (1978). A study on the use of prior knowledge on certain population parameters. Sankhya, 40C, 29-37.
- SEN, A. R., (1971). Successive sampling with two auxiliary variables. Sankhya, Series B, 33, 371-378.
- SEN, A. R., (1972). Successive sampling with p (p > 1) auxiliary variables. Annals Mathematical Statistics, 43, 2031- 2034.
- SEN, A. R., (1973). Theory and application of sampling on repeated occasions with several auxiliary variables. Biometrics, 29, 381-385.
- SINGH, D., SINGH, B. D., (1965). Double sampling for stratification on successive occasions, Journal of the American Statistical Association, 60, 784-792.
- SINGH, G. N., SINGH, V. K., (2001). On the use of auxiliary information in successive sampling. Journal of the Indian Society of Agricultural Statistics, 54(1), 1-12.
- SINGH, G. N., PRIYANKA, K., (2007). Effect of non-response on current occasion in search of good rotation patterns on successive occasions. Statistics in Transition-New Series, 8(2), 273-292.
- SINGH, G. N., PRASAD, S., (2011). Some rotation patterns in two-phase sampling, Statistics in Transition-New Series, 12(1), 25-44.
- SINGH, G. N., HOMA, F., (2013). Effective rotation patterns in successive sampling over two occasions. Journal of Statistics Theory and Practice, 7(1), 146-155.
- SINGH, G. N., HOMA, F., (2014). An improved estimation procedure in two-phase successive sampling. International Journal of applied mathematics and statistics, 52(2), 76 -85.
- SINGH, H. P., VISHWAKARMA, G. K., (2007). Modified exponential ratio and product estimators for finite population mean in double sampling. Australian Journal of Statistics, 36(3), 217-225.
- SINGH, H. P., KUMAR, S., (2009). Multivariate indirect methods of estimation in presence of non-response in successive sampling. Metron, LXVII(2), 153-175.
- SINGH, H. P., KUMAR, S., (2010). Estimation of population product in presence of non-response in successive sampling. Statistical Papers, 51(4), 975-996.
- SINGH, H. P., KUMAR, S., BHOUGAL, S., (2011). Estimation of population mean in successive sampling by sub-sampling non-respondents. Journal of Modern Applied Statistical Methods, 10(1), 51-60.