Innovative Prospects, Nonlinear Dynamics and the Regional Industry Development
Globalization processes enveloping the world's economic relations as well as the increasing competition on domestic and foreign markets shape up the prospects for innovative development of industrial complexes and regional industries. Our paper focuses on the Irkutsk region that characterizes East Siberia's leading fuel and energy, timber processing, metallurgical and machine-building complexes, as well as the petrochemical industry. We assess the favorable innovative conditions that influences accelerated modernization of production complexes. Moreover, we discuss the influence of information factor on behavior of industrial enterprises and their stability in the environment of innovative changes and the economy of knowledge. Our results draw from the theory of nonlinear fluctuations that enable us to analyze the stability in developing economic systems. Moreover, we discuss dynamic processes of economic evolution within related changes and efficiency of activities of the regional developing industrial enterprises using the elements of the catastrophe theory. (original abstract)
- Arnold V.I. (1990), Catastrophe theory, 3rd ed., ext., Moscow, Nauka Publishing.
- Chuprov S.V (2012), Management of production systems' stability: theory, methodology, practice, 2rd ed., Irkutsk, BNUEL Publishing.
- Cichy J. (2016), Innovative economy, and the activity of financial market institutions. Case of Poland, Journal of International Studies, vol. 9, no 1.
- Zumbusch, K., & Scherer, R. (2013). Mobilizing enterprises for regional innovation policies. how to assure an active involvement of located enterprises in regional development. Economics and Sociology, 6(1), 13-27
- Drucker P. (2007), Management Challenges for the 21st Century, 2nd Ed., Oxford, Butterworth-Heinemann.
- Glazyev S.Y., Ivanter V.V, Makarov V.L., Nekipelov A.D., Tatarkin A.I., Greenberg R.S., Fetisov G.G., Tsvetkov V.A., Batchikov S.A., Ershov M.V, Mityayev D.A., Petrov Y.A. (2011), "Development strategy of the Russian Economy", Ekonomicheskaya nauka sovremennoy Rossii [Economic science of modern Russia], 3, 7-31.
- Haken H. (1993), Advanced Synergetics: Instability Hierarchies of Self-Organizing Systems and Devices, New York, Springer-Verlag.
- Hubulava N. M., Larionov V. G., Yudina V. V. (2015), ""Investmentactivity in the conditions of ruble devaluation", Izvestiya Irkutskoy gosudarstvennoy ekonomicheskoy akademii = Izvestiya of Irkutsk State Economics Academy, vol. 25, no. 3, 435-442.
- Lelek T. (2014). Trend Analysis of Human Resources Development Representing the Base for Researchers in Selected Economies. Journal of Competitiveness, 6 (1), 71-86 http://dx.doi.org/10.7441/joc.2014.01.05
- Kasperowicz R. (2014), The role of clusters in stimulating breakthrough innovation in enterprises, Journal of International Studies, vol. 7, no 1.
- Kleiner G.B. (2004), Evolution of institutional systems, Moscow, The Science.
- Kondratyev N.D. (1991), The main problems of economical statistics and dynamics: Preliminary draft, Moscow, The Science.
- Mayevskiy V I. (2001), "Evolution theory and technological progress", Questions of economy, 11, 4-16.
- Miciuła I. (2015), Financial innovations on the currency market as new instruments to risk management, Journal of International Studies, vol. 8, no 1.
- Nicolis G., Prigogine I. (1989), Exploring complexity: An introduction, New York, W. H. Freeman. On the Strategy of the Russian Federation national security until 2020. Approved by Edict of the President of the Russian Federation of 12th of May 2009 No. 537 (2009), Legislation Bulletin of Russian Federation, 20, 6414-6435.
- Popov Ye. V (2011), Transactions, Yekaterinburg, Ural branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
- Stiglitz J. (2002), Globalization and its Discontents, New York, London, W.W Norton & Company.
- Tatarkin A.I., Romanova O.A. (2007), "The industrial policy and the mechanism of its realization: the system approach", Ekonomika regiona [Economy of Region], 3, 19-31.
- The Concept for long-term social-economic development of the Russian Federation for the period until 2020. Approved by enactment of The Government of the Russian Federation of 17th of November 2008 M 1662-р. (2008), Legislation Bulletin of the Russian Federation, 47, 14009-14135.
- The Strategy for social-economic development of Siberia until 2020. Enactment of the Government of the Russian Federation of 5th of July 2010 No. 1120-p. (2010, Legislation Bulletin of Russian Federation, 33, 9003-9058.
- Trapeznikov V.A. (1983), Management and scientific and technological progress, Moscow, The Nauka.
- Vinokurov M.A., Anikeyev S.D., Sukhodolov A.P., Chuprov S.V., Gulyaeva L.V., Manzhigeyev A.F. et al. Vinokurov M.A. (Ed). (2012), The Industry of Irkutsk Oblast:problems, potentials and prospects of development, Irkutsk, BNUEL Publishing House.
- Voropai N.I., Vinokurov M.A., Samarukha V.I., Saneyev B.G., Chuprov S.V. et al. Vinokurov M.A., Samarukha V.I. (Ed). (2007), The Programme of socio-economic development of Irkutsk Oblast for 2006-2010, Irkutsk, BNUEL Publishing House.
- Zhang W.-B. (1991), Synergetic Economics. Time and Change in Nonlinear Economics, Berlin, Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg.
- The Ministry of Economic Development of Irkutsk Region // http://irkobl.ru/sites/economy/socio-economic/ socio-economic_situation, access: [26.06.2016].
- Irkutskstat // http://irkutskstat.gks.ru/wps/wcm/connect/rosstat_ts/irkutskstat/resources/f641e0004e640a06994af- f21f378d622/nauka2.html, access: [26.06.2016].
- Urbancova H. (2013). Competitive Advantage Achievement through Innovation and Knowledge. Journal of Competitiveness, 5 (1), 82-96 http://dx.doi.org/10.7441/joc.2013.01.06