The Efficiency of Pollutant Elimination in the Dobra Treatment Plant
This study was aimed to conduct an analysis of the efficiency of pollutant elimination in the Dobra treatment plant, which operates based on the SBR reactor. The object purifies domestic sewage and pre-treated industrial sewage from a slaughterhouse within the Dobra municipality. The source material for the analysis comprised the values of pollution indicators: BOD5 , CODCr, total suspended solids (TTS) in raw sewage (19 samples) and treated sewage (34 samples). The results of chemical analyses were obtained in the period 2007-2014. The results were compared with the limit values imposed by the Regulation (2014). The coefficient of reliability of the treatment plant was also calculated in this study. The average efficiency of pollutant elimination in the treatment plant was: BOD5 - 98.6%, CODCr - 94.9%, total suspended solids - 97.6%. These results demonstrate that the studied facility operates flawlessly and the treatment efficiency is high. On the other hand, the reliability coefficient values indicate that the operation of this object is unstable.(original abstract)
- Andarka D. (2011). Modeling of wastewater treatment plant operation by means of Monte Carlo simulation. Ecological Engineering, PSEE., 24: 7-16.
- Błażejewski R. Kanalizacja wsi. PZITS Oddział Wielkopolski, Poznań 2003.
- Chmielowska B. (2014). Effectiveness of pollutant elimination in sewage treatment plants Rokiciny Podhalańskie and Dobra. Typescript. Cracow.
- Chmielowski K., Kurek K., Bąk P. (2012). Efficiency of wastewater treatment on the example in "Lipnica Wielka" sewage treatment plant. Infrastructure and Ecology of Rural Areas, 3: 213-224.
- Dymaczewski Z. (2011). Guidance for sewage treatment plants operators. Polish Sanitary Engineers' Association. Poznan.
- CSO. (2013). Municipal infrastructure in 2012. Warsaw.
- Heidrich Z., Witkowski A. Urządzenia do oczyszczania ścieków. Wydawnictwo "Seidel - Przywecki" Sp. z o.o., Warszawa 2005.
- Henze M., Harremoës P., Jansen J., Arvin E. Oczyszczanie ścieków. Procesy biologiczne i chemiczne. Politechnika Świętokrzyska, Kielce 2002.
- Kaczor G. (2012). The effect of infiltration water on the concentration of biogenic compounds in raw and treated sewage during wet weather. Infrastructure and Ecology of Rural Areas. No. 3.
- Krzanowski S., Wałęga A. (2004). Assessment of operation reliability of a mechnicalbiological sewage treatment plant operation for Dąbrowa Tarnowska. Textile Engineering and Environmental Protection. No. 14. The University of Bielsko-Biala.
- Łomotowski J., Szpindor A. (1999). Modern sewage treatment systems. ARKADY Publishing, Warsaw
- Miernik W. (2007). Efficiency of rural wastes treatment in the sewage treatment plant with the sequencing batch reactor. Infrastructure and Ecology of Rural Areas, PAS., 2, Cracow, 71-80.
- Pawełek J., Bergel T. (2002). Selected ecological aspects of water consumption structure in rural households. Agricultural Engineering, No. 3 (36). pp.253-265.
- Water permit. (2003). Issued for the sewage treatment plant in Dobra. Limanowa District Office.
- Regulation (2014). Regulation of the Minister of Environment of 18 November 2014 on the conditions to be met when introducing sewage into water or soil and on substances particularly harmful to the aquatic environment. J. of Laws 2014 item 1800.
- Szpindor A. (1998). Water supply and sewerage in rural areas. Arkady Publishing, Warsaw.
- Tchobanoglous G., Burton F., Stensel D. Wastewater Engineering. Treatment and Reuse. Metcalf & Eddy, McGraw-Hill Companies Inc, 2003. 4