A Software Tool of Technical and Financial-Economic Analysis for Acquistion of Broadband Radio PPDR Networks
In this paper, we present a software tool that allows preparing econometric analyses aiming at selection of optimal business models for acquisition of broadband mobile networks by PPDR organizations. Such agencies often and often need broadband services to improve operational activities in order to increase the safety, security, and their effectiveness in day-to-day and crisis situations. Upgrade or migration to broadband networks needs careful decisions so as to find a justified trade-off between CAPEX and OPEX. The network evolution can be based on different business models but any approach cannot degrade the reliability, security, and resilience required by PSC.(original abstract)
- CEPT ECC Radio Spectrum for Public Protection and Disaster Relief (PPDR) working group (2014) FM49(14)008rev1 Network Types part (Draft ECC Report B).
- Gierszal, H., Pawlina, K., Tyczka, P., Romanowski, K., Lavaux, D., Katsigiannis, C. (2014). Business models and multi-domain analysis for acquiring broadband PPDR systems. IEEE 10th International Conference on Wireless and Mobile Computing, Networking and Communications (WiMob), 8-10 October 2014, Larnaca, pp. 334-340. DOI 10.1109/WiMOB.2014.6962191. [Crossref]
- Gierszal H., Pawlina K, Urbańska M. (2012). Statistical analysis in research of demand for telecommunication services in mobile networks. Research Papers of Wrocław University of Economics, 242, pp. 580-589 (in Polish).
- Grazia, C.A., Klapez M., Patriciello N., Casoni M., Gierszal H., Tyczka P., Pawlina K., Amditis A., Sdongos E. (2015). Performance evaluation and economic modelling of PPDR communication systems. IEEE 11th International Conference on Wireless and Mobile Computing, Networking and Communications (WiMob), pp. 75-82. DOI 10.1109/WiMOB.2015.7347943. [Crossref]
- Raczka, J. (2003). The cost-effectiveness analysis - a superior alternative to the cost-benefit analysis of environmental infrastructure investments. Fifth European Conference on Evaluation of The Structural Funds "Challenges for Evaluation in an Enlarged Europe", Budapest, 26-27 June.