Norwegian-Polish Bilateral Trade Developments since 1990
Since 1990 there has been a significant growth in Norwegian-Polish bilateral trade. Of key interest to this work is to identify the main industries driving bilateral trade and to what extent this trade is in similar or different goods, suggesting either industrial convergence or specialization, respectively. When measured in nominal terms, up until 2014, Norway's exports to Poland have increased by a factor of 16, while Norway's imports from Poland have increased by a factor of 32 during the same period. Over the period 2005-2014 Norwegian imports and exports have both increased by an approximate 200% .This can be strongly attributed to Poland's membership in the European Union since 2004 and the fact that Norway has a free trade agreement with the EU. Therefore, taking into account not only the significant expansion in bilateral trade between these two countries but also the differences in their respective structures of industry, this work seeks to analyse the main factors behind the development of this trade. (original abstract)
- Balassa, B., (1986), Intra-Industry Trade Among Exporters of Manufactured Goods, [in:] Imperfect Competition and International Trade, Ed. Greenaway, D., Tharakan, P., pages 108-112.
- Brenton, P., Di Mauro, F., (1998), Trade between the CEECs and the EU, The World Economy, Vol. 21, Blackwell Publishers; Oxford.
- Clowes D., Choroś-Mrozowska, D., (2013), Chinese-EU Bilateral Trade (2007-2011), Journal of International Studies, Vol. 6, No2.
- Dunning, J., (1993), Multinational Enterprises and the Global Economy, Addison-Wesley, Wokingham.
- Grubel, H., Lloyd, P., (1975), Intra-Industry Trade, The Theory of Measurement of International Trade in Differentiated Products, Macmillan Press; London.
- Huang, Andrew C., (1948): The Iron and Steel Industry of Norway, International Bank for Reconstruction and Development.
- Jacobsen, G., (2010), Poland - Twenty Years With Market Economy, International Business and Economics Research Journal, Vol. 9, No 11.
- Jacobsen, G., (2011), Turning Poland Around - The Polish Economy 1990 - 2009, Journal of Business Case Studies, Vol.7, No 5.
- Mikic, M., (1998), International Trade, St. Martin's Press Inc.
- Norman, V.D., Orvedal L., (2010) En Liten Apen 0konomi, Gyldendal Akademisk.
- Nygard Evensen, Tonje., (2015), Goods Sent Abroad For Processing and Merchandising in the Norwegian National Accounts, Central Bureau of Statistics, Norway.