Comparing Person Organization Fit and Person Job Fit
Although there have been many studies conducted to analyze the effects of person-organization fit (POF) and person-job fit (PJF) on individual outcomes, little is known about which of these fit associates stronger with individual variables (i.e., intention to quit job, IQJ, and perceived individual performance, PIP). Therefore the purpose of the study is to compare the relationships of PJF and POF with IQJ and PIP. The sample of the study consists of security guards working at a private company's civil aviation safety department. Totally 98 security guards participated to the research. Results indicated that, the relationships of PJF and POF with IQJ and PIP were not significantly different. Consequently the results indicate that POF and PJF associate similarly with critical individual outcomes.(original abstract)
- Aichia C., Sackett P.R. (2005): The Perceived Importance of Person-Job Fit and Person Organization Fit between and within Interview Stages. "Social Behavior and Personality", Vol. 33, pp. 209-226.
- Al-Gatan A.R.A. (1983): The Path-Goal Theory of Leadership: An Empirical and Longitudinal Analysis. Unpublished doctoral dissertation. Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ.
- Arthur W. Jr., Bell S.T., Villado A.J., Doverspike D. (2006): The Use of Person-Organization Fit in Employment Decision Making: An Assessment of Its Criterion-Related Validity. "Journal of Applied Psychology", Vol. 91, pp. 786-801.
- Boon C., Den Hartog D.N., Boselie P., Paauwe J. (2011): The Relationship Between Perceptions of HR Practices Employee Outcomes: Examining the Role of Person Organization and Person-Job Fit. "The International Journal of Human Resource Management", Vol. 22, pp. 138-162.
- Darwish Y. (2000): Organizational Commitment: A Mediator of the Relationships of Leadership Behavior with Job Satisfaction and Performance in a Non-Western Country. "Journal of Management Phycology", Vol. 15, pp. 6-28.
- Edwards J. (1991): Person-Job Fit: A Conceptual Integration, Literature Review, and Methodological Critique. "International Review of Industrial and Organizational Psychology", Vol. 66, pp. 283-357.
- Edwards J.R., Cable D.M., Williamson I.O., Lambert L.S., Shipp A.J. (2006): The Phenomenology of Fit: Linking the Person and Environment to the Subjective Experience of Person-Environment Fit. "Journal of Applied Psychology", Vol. 91, pp. 802-827.
- Farooqui S., Nagendra A. (2014): The Impact of Person Organization Fit on Job Satisfaction and Performance of the Employees. "Procedia Economics and Finance", Vol. 11, pp. 122-129.
- Firth L., Mellor D., Moore K., Loquet C. (2004): How Can Managers Reduce Employee Intent to Quit? "Journal of Managerial Psychology", Vol. 19, pp. 170-187.
- Goodman S.A., Svyantek D.J. (1999): Person-Organization Fit and Contextual Performance: Do Shared Values Matter. "Journal of Vocational Behavior", Vol. 55, pp. 254-279.
- Greguras G.J., Diefendorff J.M. (2009): Different Fits Satisfy Different Needs: Linking Person-Environment Fit to Employee Commitment and Performance Using Self- -Determination Theory. "Journal of Applied Social Psychology", Vol. 94, pp. 465-477.
- Guan Y., Deng H., Bond M.H., Chen S.X., Chan C.C.H. (2010): Person-Job Fit and Work-Related Attitudes among Chinese Employees: Need for Cognitive Closure as Moderator. "Basic and Applied Social Psychology", Vol. 32, pp. 250-260.
- Hassan M., Akram A., Naz S. (2012): The Relationship between Person Organization Fit, Person-Job-Fit and Turnover Intention in Banking Sector of Pakistan: The Mediating Role of Psychological Climate. "International Journal of Human Resource Studies", Vol. 2, pp. 172-188.
- Hoffman B.J., Woehr D.J. (2006): A Quantitative Review of the Relationship between Person-Organization Fit and Behavioral Outcomes. "Journal of Vocational Behavior", Vol. 68, pp. 389-399.
- Holland J.L. (1997): Making Vocational Choices (3. Issue). A Theory of Vocational Personalities and Work Environments. Psychological Assessment Resources, Odessa, FL.
- June S., Rosli M. (2011): The Relationship between Person-Job Fit and Job Performance: A Study among the Employees of the Service Sector SMEs in Malaysia. "International Journal of Business, Humanities and Technology", Vol. 2, pp. 95-105.
- Kim T.Y., Aryee S., Loi R., Kim S.P. (2013): Person-Organization Fit and Employee Outcomes: Test of a Social Exchange Model. "The International Journal of Human Resource Management", Vol. 24, pp. 3719-3737.
- Kristof-Brown A.L. (2006): A Quantitative Review of the Relationship between Person- -Organization Fit and Behavior out Comes. "Journal of Vocation Behavior", Vol. 68, pp. 389-399.
- Kristof-Brown A.L., Zimmerman R.D., Johnson E.C. (2005): Consequences of Individuals' Fit At Work: A Meta-Analysis of Person-Job, Person-Organization, Person- -Group, and Person-Supervisor Fit. "Personnel Psychology", Vol. 58, pp. 281-342.
- Lauver K.J., Kristof-Brown A. (2001): Distinguishing between Employees' Perceptions of Person-Job and Person-Organization Fit. "Journal of Vocational Behavior", Vol. 59, pp. 454-470.
- Lee Y., Reiche B.S., Song D. (2010): How Do Newcomers Fit in? The Dynamics between Person-Environment Fit and Social Capital across Cultures. "International Journal of Cross Cultural Management", Vol. 10, pp. 153-174.
- Lin Y.-C., Yu C., Yic C. (2014): The Effects of Positive Affect, Person-Job Fit, and Well- -Being on Job Performance. "Social Behavior and Personality", Vol. 42, pp. 1537-1548.
- Memon M.A., Salleh R., Baharom M.N.R., Harun H. (2014): Person-Organization Fit and Turnover Intention: The Mediating Role of Employee Engagement. Paper presented at the "International Conference on Leadership and Management (ICLM2014)", Kuala Lumpur.
- Saks A.M., Ashforth B.E. (1997): A Longitudinal Investigation of the Relationships between Job Information Sources, Applicant Perceptions of Fit, and Work Outcomes. "Personnel Psychology", Vol. 50, pp. 395-426.
- Schneider B. (1986): Interactional Psychology and Organizational Behavior. "Research in Organizational Behaviour", Vol. 5, pp. 1-31.
- Silverthorne C. (2004): The Impact of Organizational Culture and Person Organization Fit on Organizational Commitment and Job Satisfaction in Taiwan. "The Leadership & Organization Development Journal", Vol. 25, pp. 592-599.
- Singhal A., Chatter J.L. (2006): A Person-Organization Fit-Based Approach for Spirituality At Work: Development of a Conceptual Framework. "Journal of Human Values", Vol. 12, pp. 161-178.
- Steiger J.H. (1980): Tests for Comparing Elements of a Correlation Matrix. "Psychological Bulletin", Vol. 87, pp. 245-251.
- Sutarjo (2011): Ten Ways of Managing Person-Organization Fit (P-O Fit) Effectively: A Literature Study. "International Journal of Business and Social Science", Special Issue, Vol. 2, pp. 226-233.
- Van Schalkwyk S., Du Toit D.H., Bothma A.S., Rothmann S. (2010): Job Insecurity, Leadership Empowerment Behaviour, Employee Engagement and Intention to Leave in a Petrochemical Laboratory. "SA Journal of Human Resource Management", Vol. 8, pp. 1-8.
- Verquer M.L., Beehr T.A., Wagner S.H. (2003): A Meta-Analysis of Relations between Person-Organization Fit and Work Attitudes. "Journal of Vocational Behavior", Vol. 63, pp. 473-489.
- Warr P., Inceoglu I. (2012): Job Engagement, Job Satisfaction, and Contrasting Associations with Person-Job Fit. "Journal of Occupational Health Psychology", Vol. 17, pp. 129-138.