Human Resource Management Creativity in Companies Operating in Intercultural Environment
The article deals with opinions of HR managers about support and development of creativity. In this article, we deal with the definition of creativity based on the study of relevant domestic and foreign literature and we present partial findings of a questionnaire survey of this issue. The survey was conducted as a part of the project of Scientific Grant Agency of the Education Ministry of the Slovak Republic, grant VEGA No 1/0235/14 Formation of organizational culture and management system of enterprises with international presence in intercultural environment. We have used questionnaire survey to examine this issue among HR managers and the results show that Slovak managers support development of employees´ creativity and they also develop their own creativity; however these results also show that they have reserves in the using of methods of creative problem solving. (original abstract)
- Amabile, T.M. (2012), Big C, little C, Howard and me: approaches to understanding creativity, Working paper.
- Amabile, T.M. (2012), Componential theory of creativity, Working paper, available at: http://hbswk.hbs.edu/item/7011.html (accessed 30 April 2016).
- Amabile, T. M. (1996), Creativity in context, Colorado: Westview Press.
- Amabile, T.M., Schatzel, E.A., Moneta, G.B., Kramer, S.J. (2004), Leader behaviors and the work environment for creativity: perceived leader support, The Leadership Quaterly 15(1): 5-32.
- Amabile, T.M. (1997), Entrepreneurial creativity through motivational synergy, The Journal of Creative Behaviour 31(1), 18- 26.
- Armstrong, M. (2012), Armstrong´s Handbook of Human Resource Management Practise, London : Kogan Page.
- Armstrong, M. (2011), Armstrong´s Strategic Human Resource Management, London: Kogan Page.
- Benčíkoví, D. (2012), Cross-cultural communication in business, Banská Bystrica: Faculty of Economics.
- Bersin, J. (2015), Becoming irresistible, Deloitte Review 16.
- Csikszentmihalyi, M. (2013), Creativity. The psychology of discovery and invention, New York: Harper Perennial.
- Encyclopædia Britannica (2016), available at: www.britannica.com (accessed 30 April 2016).
- Ford, C.M. (1996), A theory of individual creative action in multiple social domains, Academy of Management Review 21(4): 1112- 1142.
- Griffin, R.W., Pustay, M.W. (2005), International business, New Jersey: Pearson Education.
- Kokavcová, D., Theodoulides, L. (2013), International management and business, Banská Bystrica: Faculty of Economics.
- Kozbelt, A., Beghetto, R.A., Runco, M.A. (2010), Theories of creativity. In: Kaufman, J.C., Sternberg, R. J. (Eds.), The Cambridge handbook of creativity, New York: Cambridge University Press.
- Lesáková, Ľ. et al. (2008), Innovative management in the knowledge-based economy, Banská Bystrica: Faculty of Economics.
- Martin, J., Fellenz, M. (2010), Organizational behaviour and management, Hampshire: South Western.
- Northouse, P.G. (2014), Introduction to leadership: concepts and practice, Thousand Oaks: SAGE Publication.
- Olgham, G.R., Cummings, A. (1996), Employee cretivity: personal and contextual factors at work, Academy of Management Journal 39(3): 605-634.
- Runco, M.A. (2014), Creativity, enhancement, education, available at: www.markrunco.com/creativity-blog/creativity-enhancement-education (accessed 30 April 2016).
- Runco, M.A. (2003), Education for creative potential, Scandinavian Journal of Educational Research 47(3): 317-324.
- Sadri, H.A., Flammia, M. (2011), Intercultural communication. a new approach to international relations and global challenges, New York: The Continuum International Publishing.
- Slabbert, J.A. (1994), Creativity in education revisited: reflection in aid of progression, Journal of Creative Behavior 28(1): 60-69.
- Suntingerová, Ľ. (2010), Kreativita v manažmente, Bratislava: Sprint dva.
- Szobiová, E. (2004), Tvorivosť, od záhady k poznaniu, Bratislava: Stimul.
- Šajgalíková, H., Bocková, V., Vehnerová, E. (2012), Culture and communication, Bratislava: Ekonóm.
- Trend (2015), Trend top 200, Trend 25: 8-12.
- Woodman, R.W., Sawyer, J.E., Griffin, R.W. (1993), Towards a theory of organizational creativity, Academy of Management Review 18(2): 293-321.