Mining Software Repository for Improvement of IT Project Management Process
With the growing number of IT projects and their complexity their deeper analysis became necessary. For this purpose, the historical data on previously completed projects began to collect - it has enabled projects undergo a detailed analysis, which allowed the efficient implementation of projects and allowed in advance to detect the potential problems. Thus a new area of research, Mining Software Repository (MSR), was born. Research in the field of MSR brings very promising results. The increasing importance of research for gaining the tools to support the process of collecting and analyzing the data related to software development is observed. The data from version control systems, bug tracking systems and issue tracking systems is the most popular. This paper presents the existing MSR tools carries out its analysis and describes the weaknesses of each individual solutions. (original abstract)
-  Bitergia, http://bitergia.com/, 2016.
-  Black Duck Software Inc., Open HUB, https://www.openhub.net/, 2016.
-  R. Dyer, H. A. Nguyen, H. Rajan, and T. Nguyen, Boa: Ultra-Large-Scale Software Repository and Source-Code Mining, ACM Transactions on Software Engineering and Methodology, 2015.
-  R. Dyer, H. A. Nguyen, H. Rajan, and T. N. Nguyen, Boa: A language and infrastructure for analyzing ultra-large-scale software repositories, In Proceedings of the IEEE/ACM 35th International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE), 2013.
-  D. Di Ruscio, D. S. Kolovos, I. Korkontzelos, N. Matragkas, and J. Vinju, Ossmeter: A software measurement platform for automatically analyzing open source software projects, In ESEC/FSE 2015 Tool Demonstrations Track, 2015.
-  Gousios, Georgios, and Diomidis Spinellis, GHTorrent: GitHub's data from a firehose, 9th IEEE Conference on Mining software repositories (MSR), 2012.
-  Gousios, Georgios, et al. Lean GHTorrent: GitHub data on demand, Proceedings of the 11th working conference on mining software repositories, ACM, 2014.
-  G. Gousios, The GHTorrent dataset and tool suite, MSR '13, pages 233-236, 2013.
-  I. Grigorik, GitHub Archive, https://www.githubarchive.org/, 2016.
-  Tiwari, Nitin M., et al., Candoia: A Platform and an Ecosystem for Building and Deploying Versatile Mining Software Repositories Tools, 2015.
-  Trautsch, Fabian, et al., Adressing problems with external validity of repository mining studies through a smart data platform, Proceedings of the 13th International Workshop on Mining Software Repositories. ACM, 2016.
-  Ligu, Elvis, Theodoros Chaikalis, and Alexander Chatzigeorgiou, BuCo Reporter: Mining Software and Bug Repositories, BCI (Local), 2013.
-  Hemmati, Hadi, et al., The msr cookbook: Mining a decade of research, Mining Software Repositories (MSR), 2013 10th IEEE Working Conference on. IEEE, 2013.
-  Rahman, Mohammad Masudur, and Chanchal K. Roy, An insight into the pull requests of github, Proceedings of the 11th Working Conference on Mining Software Repositories. ACM, 2014.
-  Zanjani, Motahareh Bahrami, George Swartzendruber, and Huzefa Kagdi., Impact analysis of change requests on source code based on interaction and commit histories, Proceedings of 11th Conference on Mining Software Repositories. ACM, 2014.
-  Parnin, Chris, Christian Bird, and Emerson Murphy-Hill., Java generics adoption: how new features are introduced, championed, or ignored, Proceedings of 8th Working Conference on Mining Software Repositories. ACM, 2011.
-  Liu, Ying, et al., Using CVS historical information to understand how students develop software, 1st international workshop on mining software repositories, 2004.
-  McIntosh, Shane, et al., The impact of code review coverage and code review participation on software quality: A case study of the qt, vtk, and itk projects, Proceedings of the 11th Working Conference on Mining Software Repositories. ACM, 2014.
-  Beller, Moritz, et al., Modern code reviews in open-source projects: which problems do they fix?, Proc. of 11th conference on mining software repositories. ACM, 2014.
-  Kim, Sunghun, et al, TA-RE: An exchange language for mining software repositories, Proceedings of the 2006 international workshop on Mining software repositories. ACM, 2006.
-  Bertram, Dane, The social nature of issue tracking in software engineering, Diss. University of Calgary, 2009.